Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Well this means that CS will just get nerfed to the ground in next build. R.I.P Unholy and welcome your new overlord Frost. They got Frost Strike buffed by 10% and Frostscythe buffed by 33%
    Yeah they'll nerf CS, but not gonna play frost ever, even if unholy is the worst possible spec for pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    Yeah they'll nerf CS, but not gonna play frost ever, even if unholy is the worst possible spec for pve.
    Well.. Some of us will be forced to :>

They'll buff wounds. Not worried about it. This is obviously a build they worked on like 2 weeks ago when they didn't know about Woundless Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Well.. Some of us will be forced to :>
    Dont worry ill be forced to it too, if frost is actually the best of both spec, i was just stating how much i dislike frost :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    They'll buff wounds. Not worried about it. This is obviously a build they worked on like 2 weeks ago when they didn't know about Woundless Unholy.
    Yeah makes sense, but we never know with blizz tbh.

I know they'll buff wounds because they can't nerf us enough to make 50% AP wounds useful. Wounds absolutely has to be buffed.

Even at 58% it wasn't even beating our auto attack.

Did we just get away with Skulker surviving the tuning pass? SCORE!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    it got nerfed, went from 500% damage to 200% if you look at spells on wowhead

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Nope, he went from 500% > 200% per shot

How did I miss that... damnit. Oh well. No more OP Tinker.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I'd love to test UH on beta with my live character but you know, the artifact chain is still bugged even after the new build.

Deleted
    Figured I'd do a bit of testing of our single target rotation in the beta and see how the damage breakdown falls right now, at level 110, mostly because I wanted to see how the fester vs no fester rotations stacked up.

Gear, talents and artifact progression are as follows:

First up is the rotation as it should be, with festering strikes and wounds:

Next is a melee rotation with only clawing shadows, still in melee range though:

Any wounds burst in the second one comes from the ghoul due to infected claws talent.

For me, it seems that, with bursting sores at least, festering strike is a button worth pushing in single target.

Cant see the total damage done for each test.

Not 100% if the patch already went out when my guild did testing, but if it included the nerfs i dont think we have anything to fear. If not then we will still only get better with gear \o/
    imgurcom/msPP5sd

And the rest of the raids damage (feels good to see the red bar up top)
    imgurcom/25RSIVX

Cant post links yet so just add the periods \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    For me, it seems that, with bursting sores at least, festering strike is a button worth pushing in single target.
    Thank you for sharing and I need to test this myself also. I've continued to use FW/FS through the beta as I know it will (hopefully) be the intended playstyle.

With that said looking at your Damage breakdowns you did ~1 million more total damage using only clawing shadows over the intended FS/FW rotation.

17.6M - FS/FW
    18.7M - CS

EDIT: That may be your pet though as his damage difference between the two is around that difference. Missed a Dark Transformation perhaps?
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Thank you for sharing and I need to test this myself also. I've continued to use FW/FS through the beta as I know it will (hopefully) be the intended playstyle.

With that said looking at your Damage breakdowns you did ~1 million more total damage using only clawing shadows over the intended FS/FW rotation.

17.6M - FS/FW
    18.7M - CS

EDIT: That may be your pet though as his damage difference between the two is around that difference. Missed a Dark Transformation perhaps?
    It could be the length of the test,
    because his first was: 17.6M - FS/FW: 144k dps
    while his 2nd test was :18.7M - CS: 124K dps

So even though his CS test did 1 million more, it did so over a fair chunk of time such that it was less dps overall than his first test. (would've been nice to have the timestamps listed too.)

Deleted
    and if you use bursting sores you'll lose out on skulker, which even after the nerfs is very strong.

also necrosis is generally better for CS spam.

oh and you should probably use logs because we have absolutely no idea what the up time on any of your procs/buffs were and we have absolutely no idea how long both of your tests were. you've pretty much given us meaningless information when we already know that CS spam was better even before the FW nerf.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2016-06-29 at 02:13 PM.

Also considering it's just one attempt vs one attempt there's no data range and thus no average data there. At least a group of three on each side would make it better to look at since there would be a data average that slightly helps with outliers in each side such as rotational comfort and luck of procs.

I unfortunately haven't been able to keep up with Alpha/Beta since mid Alpha.

I was just curious if someone could give me a tl;dr on what seems to be best single target and what's best for AoE
    Randenaris <Endless> US-Sargeras 13/13M Death Knight

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/randenaris
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...naris/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by jashmaster View Post
    Not 100% if the patch already went out when my guild did testing, but if it included the nerfs i dont think we have anything to fear. If not then we will still only get better with gear \o/
    imgurcom/msPP5sd

And the rest of the raids damage (feels good to see the red bar up top)
    imgurcom/25RSIVX

Cant post links yet so just add the periods \o/
    What talents did you use? Obviously All Will Rise, but what about 57s & 90s?

- - - Updated - - -

Figured I'd do a bit of testing of our single target rotation in the beta and see how the damage breakdown falls right now, at level 110, mostly because I wanted to see how the fester vs no fester rotations stacked up.
    Reason behind why you picked Rotten Touch over Eternal Agony if Festering Strike "only" deals 7,5% of your overall damage with 4 points in Rotten Touch?

And general question for all here, what's your opinion about Shadow Infusion over Necrosis/Infected Claws? Vile Gas and Melee from Abom are pretty strong right now, and with Shadow Infusion you can keep about 75% uptime of Dark Transformation, especially with some points in Eternal Agony.

Because of the debuffs from our ghouls through armies of the damned, do we want to hold army for lust or still use on pull?
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W