Poll: Will legion overall be better than WoD?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Do you think legion will be overall better than WoD?

Will legion be overall better than WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Making judgments like that this far away from release is how we got WoD in the first place so I'll reserve judgment till a few weeks after launch. That being said I feel it would be near impossible for them to fuck up on the scale of WoD again, though I actually liked all the previous expansions so perhaps I'm an outlier in thinking that.

From what I've done in the beta so far I think it will be. But honestly to me WoD started off really strong. It was mainly that they half assed everything after launch that ruined it for me. Legion could potentially play out no differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like what we've seen so far is better than what WoD looked like at launch, but we have no real way of telling at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    From what I've done in the beta so far I think it will be. But honestly to me WoD started off really strong. It was mainly that they half assed everything after launch that ruined it for me. Legion could potentially play out no differently.
    The difference is that WoD started with them saying they wanted a faster Xpac whereas Legion is starting with them saying that was a stupid idea, which is at least a step in the right direction off the bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    hard to say. It was pretty clear wod was gonna be shit even from the trailer, it just promised so little. Legion seems to have alot going for it but the trouble is the same people who made wod are behind legion so how much of a difference we can expect i'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its kinda hard to be worse than WoD. The real question is will it be as good as MoP BC and Wrath or will it be like Cata.

What the what?

Why would that even be a question? I doubt it will be as good as tbc, or mop, but its a step in the right direction so far.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I absolutely loved WoD.

And Legion seems to blow it out of the water in almost every way.

Well, it can't possibly be worse

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Started off really strong? I was bored outta my mind in a month, unless you're talking about leveling, that was pretty good first 1½ times.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

In terms of stated dev goals, yes. Even before WoD's launch, players had a hard time figuring out how garrisons were going to really going to work, or fit in with the play cycle that kept people mostly occupied for the last 10 years. And there were some serious questions early on about dumping badge currency for whatever reason.

Now, Blizzard is saying the right things: Hey, maybe players need material incentives to continue low/moderate-frequency of repetitive activities; Hey, maybe menu-based gameplay is not something that can carry an MMO for an entire expansion. Execution is another matter, but design goals seem a lot less spacey.

Way too early to tell. We'll have to see if randomization and changes to dungeons etc can overcome yet another insipid round of pruning, and some unknown reason to continue on with any sort of un-interactive gameplay.

Better than WoD is a pretty low bar to set. But yea I think so.

No, I will still want to play it but I will want to play it less than I wanted to play wod. The most important thing to me about wow is the class abilities and they are the most boring that they have ever been except maybe vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    No, I will still want to play it but I will want to play it less than I wanted to play wod. The most important thing to me about wow is the class abilities and they are the most boring that they have ever been except maybe vanilla.
    Horsing around on PTR now... good lord, you ain't kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I thought it was going to be awesome, and then I saw that my spec will be completely useless and I changed my mind
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Not like it can be any worse.

TLDR: Legion is looking to be better than WoD by FAR especially in the beginning 1-6 months but I wonder how they will keep the pace up in content patches. New isle of world quests and new dungeon/raids? Then you realize the Skinner box we all actually play in...

After about 65 hrs in beta I personally feel Legion will have a very strong entrance for the first 1-4 months. More so than WoD did in the beginning because of world quests,emissary quests, mythic dungeons and class order hall/artifact grinding progression. The questions is really how they will make the first major content patch (4+months out) provide any meaningful reward. How will they keep world quests relevant just stuff a higher ilvl inside the bag or item you get? That will get old fast. There is around 300+ world quests and you need to complete 100 of them for an achievement towards path finding.

The class abilities themselves have become very stale and pruned down imo, the upside of this is the melee animations and new graphics looks great but pressing 3 buttons and having 2 utility spells isn't fun. I haven't bought legion yet and I probably wont after what I've seen in beta. It seems like a nice 3-6 month addiction grind for artifact power and story but the same thing happened for 3 months with me in WoD then I was massively disappointed afterwards. There will be a lot to do at endgame which is a stark contrast to what we've seen in WoD but I don't want to get addicted to WoW again and legion actually looks like it will be quite a bit addicting in the first 6 months.

I'll watch from afar and hopefully not get hooked this time around.