Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So did anyone ask blizzard what they will do about realmhopping?

Honestly I cant believe blizzard cant see how much it hurts the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Honestly I cant believe blizzard cant see how much it hurts the game.
    How does it hurt the game? Personally I find it very useful

Quote Originally Posted by chalon9 View Post
    How does it hurt the game? Personally I find it very useful
    how about it destroys the advantage low population realms have at finding rares?

15+ Year Old Account
    how about it destroys the advantage low population realms have at finding rares?
    Hyperbole much? Ya its Kinda annoying but There are servers so overpopulated that its almost impossible to find things.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2016-06-29 at 02:35 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Such an advantage shouldn't exist, therefore there's no need to change/fix anything. Good luck at finding your rares, may i suggest realm-hopping?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that realm hopping would make finding rares fairly easy for all realms. Lord knows it helps for rares like Demidos.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Hyperbole much?
    This is just one of them.

entering a group and then seeing 50 people enter it and then leave because they're realmhopping hurts the game.

Sure the leader can just remove autoinvite but realistically most leaders wont.

Or how about destroying the economy where a person can keep realmhopping to farm mats or kill mobs without waiting for respawn?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Such an advantage shouldn't exist, therefore there's no need to change/fix anything. Good luck at finding your rares, may i suggest realm-hopping?
    I actually dont look for rares and use realmhopping alot. That doesnt mean I think its great for the game

The only thing I honestly hate about realmhopping is when I'm trying to form a group, put it on auto-invite and afk for a second and see that everybody I had left because people kept joining and leaving. That's about it from personal experience.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, that argument doesn't really hold any water. The game is an MMO for a reason. Those types of advantages are not a part of the true game design. So what you think is hurting the game based on your argument is actually working as intended where blizzard is concerned.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In all seriousness, just make it so that people have to be accepted manually instead of auto-inviting. Make them whisper you before adding them to group through the LFG comment, and you have the problem solved. It negates the majority of both the addon and the people that hop without the addon.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
    Unfortunately, that argument doesn't really hold any water. The game is an MMO for a reason. Those types of advantages are not a part of the true game design. So what you think is hurting the game based on your argument is actually working as intended where blizzard is concerned.

I really doubt blizzard intended people to keep joining groups and leaving them so they can realmhop.

The reason they added this whole realmhopping thing so people can get to play with their friends and so people can find groups easier.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just one of them.

entering a group and then seeing 50 people enter it and then leave because they're realmhopping hurts the game.

Sure the leader can just remove autoinvite but realistically most leaders wont.

Or how about destroying the economy where a person can keep realmhopping to farm mats or kill mobs without waiting for respawn?

- - - Updated - - -

I actually dont look for rares and use realmhopping alot. That doesnt mean I think its great for the game
    Then it isn't something that Blizzard should deal with anyways as at that point, it is the leaders problem if they are to lazy to turn off auto-invite.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I really doubt blizzard intended people to keep joining groups and leaving them so they can realmhop.

The reason they added this whole realmhopping thing so people can get to play with their friends and so people can find groups easier.
    Just turn off auto invite. Yeah sure you'll actually have to put in effort to make a group, but at least you won't have any dreaded realm hoppers plaguing your beloved group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    In all seriousness, just make it so that people have to be accepted manually instead of auto-inviting. Make them whisper you before adding them to group through the LFG comment, and you have the problem solved. It negates the majority of both the addon and the people that hop without the addon.
    Auto invites seem flawed in this regard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Just turn off auto invite. Yeah sure you'll actually have to put in effort to make a group, but at least you won't have any dreaded realm hoppers plaguing your beloved group
    I'll say this once so people can understand and not repeat it. Every time I make a group I turn off auto invite and ask people to whisper me instead.

Kazzak groups and so on usually have leaders that have auto invite on. Seeing 10000 lines of people joining and leaving hurts the game.

the simplest fix would be that you get removed from the group if youre not in the same zone as the raid leader.
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-06-29 at 02:53 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Auto invites seem flawed in this regard.
    Auto-invite is a laziness that got exploited. However, there are MANY groups that specifically tailor both to hoppers and to benefiting from auto-invite. So, removing it wouldn't work either.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I'll say this once so people can understand and not repeat it. Every time I make a group I turn off auto invite and ask people to whisper me instead.

Kazzak groups and so on usually have leaders that have auto invite on. Seeing 10000 lines of people joining and leaving hurts the game.

the simplest fix would be that you get removed from the group if youre not in the same zone as the raid leader.
    Interesting. All those people leaving groups hasn't hurt my game at all, are you sure it's not just you? Did you try re installing the game?

Interesting. All those people leaving groups hasn't hurt my game at all, are you sure it's not just you? Did you try re installing the game?
    If you think that's fine, then all power to you.

If you think that's fine, then all power to you.
    Maybe it's just me, but what other people does, has no impact on my enjoyment of the game. Also define "hurting the game." How does seeing other players do something make you enjoy the game less

Maybe it's just me, but what other people does, has no impact on my enjoyment of the game. Also define "hurting the game." How does seeing other players do something make you enjoy the game less
    As I said, if you think realmhopping doesn't hurt the game. Then I have nothing to say to you. If you're fine with it and you dont see what it does to the game, then that's your deal.

I fully expect it to be removed with legion's launch.