Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    And you haven't.
    I bet the Illuminati have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why anyone would want to even believe it was fake, even if by 0.00000000000...0001% chance that it was. It's at the very least an extremely inspiring event that has helped to guide us to SPACE: THE FINAL FRONTIER
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    And you haven't.
    Go here: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

Rent binoculars for the first day you see in the table for your location, and at the specified time look in the specified direction. You will see the ISS.

---

Of course you won't do it, since you aren't interested in finding out the truth. But it was worth a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Thats some next level cgi / greenscreen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do. I own one and have owned several in my lifetime. I have never seen or been inside the ISS and neither have you or anyone else who contributes here. The only reason you believe it exists is because for some reason you trust our clean-as-the-wind-driven-snow government and NASA.
    Ever been to Zimbabwe?

How do you know it exists if you haven't been there!

Or shit! The sun for that matter. I've never been close to the sun, so for all we know it's just a government conspiracy, and the bright thing in the sky is actually an oil powered lamp! Good reason to keep pumping oil, or else we'd lose our light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ever been to Zimbabwe?

How do you know it exists if you haven't been there!

Or shit! The sun for that matter. I've never been close to the sun, so for all we know it's just a government conspiracy, and the bright thing in the sky is actually an oil powered lamp! Good reason to keep pumping oil, or else we'd lose our light.
    You know, when I traveled to Australia and came back, my friend asked me a joking question, "How do you know you actually was in Australia? Maybe the plane just moved to a town nearby which looked exactly like Australia on pictures". Now I think the guy was actually on to something....
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

How can anyone think this is fake?

And you haven't.
    Then tell us of bringer of great wisdom and knowledge. What did we see through our binoculars and telescopes that looks like, has the right size to magnification/distance and right speed for altitude as the ISS if it is not the ISS?

I am still waiting for him to explain why I cant point a telescope at Paris and see the Eiffel Tower from my Appartment building in Toronto. If the earth is flat, I should have a direct line of sight between any two points on its surface. Hell, forget the Eiffel Tower, I cant even see the CN Tower from my home town, and they're only a hundred klicks or so apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this guy also has faked everything. You can see at start that, while he is still on Earth or just taking off, the horizon is essentially flat - but once he is a few miles above, the curvature can be seen very well:

https://youtu.be/NRmhhkRoHGk?t=511

My brother, working as a pilot in Canada, has also shown me the video footage of a couple of his flights, with the same thing visible.

This conspiracy is getting larger fast! All pilots are involved in it, all sea crew members, all scientists, all sky jumpers... Thank you, Hammerfest, for enlightening us!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, even though this has "Conspiracy" in the title, obvious conspiracy theories still aren't allowed. Sorry, but knock off the conspiracy discussion and get back on topic to the photos from Apollo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Guys, even though this has "Conspiracy" in the title, obvious conspiracy theories still aren't allowed. Sorry, but knock off the conspiracy discussion and get back on topic to the photos from Apollo.
    Fair enough.

This pic made me feel really good.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/projec...e/22044740591/

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Fair enough.

This pic made me feel really good.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/projec...e/22044740591/
    That's the one where every human except one is in the image, right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know, when I traveled to Australia and came back, my friend asked me a joking question, "How do you know you actually was in Australia? Maybe the plane just moved to a town nearby which looked exactly like Australia on pictures". Now I think the guy was actually on to something....
    I seem to remember something like that happening to airplane passengers. Or I read about it in a fiction book. Or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    That's the one where every human except one is in the image, right?
    It's a pretty cool picture/thought.

Yep, it's one of our basic childhood "facts." They seem very interested in wanting you to believe that you live on a spinning ball, don't they? They want you to know that in Kindergarten, even... before you learn a lot of other, more practical things.

- - - Updated - - -

No, just because Flat Earthers believe the Earth is flat, that doesn't mean they think the Earth is smooth.
    sweet mother of xxxx xxxx. Hats off sir, I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    THE WORLD ISN'T ROUND. DON'T BELIEVE THE ROUND-EARTHERS!

It's slightly ovular!
    Actually the Earth has a really irregular shape, like a beat-up, quarter bug-ridden apple in the bottom of the bin at Walmart. The rounded shape is an optical illusion.

https://www.google.com/search?q=actu...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Actually the Earth has a really irregular shape, like a beat-up, quarter bug-ridden apple in the bottom of the bin at Walmart. The rounded shape is an optical illusion.

The earth is shaped like sloths head.

I think it goes deeper than that: the US government is being faked by the US government!
    Holy shit, it's still all being run by the Queen of England!

Under the supervision of the reverse vampires, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    The earth is shaped like sloths head.
    Yea, no. If you're joking, it's funnier to just make flat-earth jokes IMO.

If you're serious, that image depicts Earth's geoid (exaggerated for effect)- an approximation of Earth's gravitational pull - due to differences in the density of the core beneath those locations.

Earth without water is smoother than a billiards ball: the deepest chasm and highest mountain are trivial in comparison to the enormity of the diameter.

Here is Earth without water:

Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-06-29 at 07:36 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Every time i hear someone say the Moon landing was faked..I look at them and ask "which one"?

They get this blank look when they are gently reminded there was more than one landing.