Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    With that logic, you could say that Hillary not supporting Bernie policies is like Hillary voting for Trump. Why you do this Hillary?
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-01 at 05:18 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam
    But that's your logic. Sounds stupid because it's similar to what you said. If I had a choice between poo flavored ice cream, and card board flavored ice cream, which would I choose? None, the answer is none. Make better ice cream.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-01 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    But that's your logic. Sounds stupid because it's similar to what you said. If I had a choice between poo flavored ice cream, and card board flavored ice cream, which would I choose? None, the answer is none. Make better ice cream.

Except you're presenting the two ice creams as being equivalently terrible, and that's not the case here. Hillary is orders of magnitude better than Trump - the worst possible thing we could do for the country, much less the world, is a Trump presidency.

And because independent parties do NOT have any sort of chance at winning the presidency (why do you think Sanders and Trump ran as core parties rather than independent?), voting independent is the same as not voting.

You vote Hillary because you don't want Trump to win, not because you want Hillary to win.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yes, Hillary claims to have taken up a few of Bernie's stances, such as the fight for $15/hour minimum wage, but we also know Hillary lies 100% of the time, so does it really matter what she claims she'll do.
    Are you mad?

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

True-mostly true takes up well over 70%

You're an idiot.

The choices are Trump or Hillary, and voting for anyone that isn't Hillary is effectively the same as voting for Trump.

Does Trump represent your interests and policies? I guess he must, because you're voting for him.

Wrong, Not voting for Hillary is not the same as voting for trump

- - - Updated - - -

But this is beside the point. Your choices are Hillary or Trump. Only racists, bigots, and retards think Trump is a good thing, so realistically the only choice is Hillary. We could do much worse. We can also do much better, but our country frankly isn't ready for someone as different as Bernie Sanders.
    Sorry people don't have to "Fall in line and vote for Hillary" just Cause you want them too

Deleted
    The choices aren't just Trump and Hillary. There's also that green party candidate and not voting and giving a vote that will be canceled.

Why would anyone do this? Because they hate both Trump and Hillary. Sure, maybe Trump is worse than Hillary, that much is true... but then, Hillary is more of the same.

So essentially the choice for people who dislike the direction the USA is heading is:
    -racist populist who might ruin your country during his current mandate
    -corporate populist who will keep leading your country on the downward spiral, and, even if she doesn't ruin it in her first term, things will keep getting worse.
    So essentially for people both choices are bad and they're sick and tired of waiting for people to wake up. So they decide to abstain from voting. Good for them.

"but if they don't vote for Hillary it's like they voted for Trump" - no, not at all. But even if it did, people think that if the covert ruining of the USA that's been going on and would go on under Hillary isn't obvious enough, maybe Trump will make people get off their asses and do something to be treated like humans, not animals after they get a taste of how bad he can be and how bad the current system is.

Except you're presenting the two ice creams as being equivalently terrible, and that's not the case here. Hillary is orders of magnitude better than Trump - the worst possible thing we could do for the country, much less the world, is a Trump presidency.
    As the conservative satirist and journalist P.J. O'Rourke said on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/07/477085...bill-this-time

Yeah, I have a little announcement to make. I mean, my whole purpose in life basically is to offend everyone who listens to NPR, to take - no matter what position they take on anything, like, I'm on the other side of it, you know? I'm voting for Hillary.

I am endorsing Hillary. And all her lies and all her empty promises, I am endorsing Hillary.

The second-worst thing that could happen to this country, but it's...

She's way behind in second place, you know? I mean, she's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters.

I mean, this man just can't be president of the - they've got this button, you know? It's in a briefcase. He's going to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    As the conservative satirist and journalist P.J. O'Rourke said on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/07/477085...bill-this-time
    For all of her and her horrible husbands shortcomings, she's predictable. She'll be a centrist on fiscal and foreign policy and fairly liberal on social policies, but, unlike Trump, there's no chance of her driving civilization over a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why would anyone do this? Because they hate both Trump and Hillary. Sure, maybe Trump is worse than Hillary, that much is true... but then, Hillary is more of the same.
    Okay. Obama is currently enjoying the one of the most or the most popular lame duck session in modern presidential history. What is wrong with more of the same? And don't give me Libya, as if everyone suddenly gives two shits about a country half a world away which more than 90% STILL cannot locate on a map.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    For all of her and her horrible husbands shortcomings, she's predictable. She'll be a centrist on fiscal and foreign policy and fairly liberal on social policies, but, unlike Trump, there's no chance of her driving civilization over a cliff.
    As Peter Sagal said in the clip. This should be a Clinton commercial. "I'm Hillary Clinton and... I'll take it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    /Yawn

I had a funny dream. It was 2008 again and people were talking about how doomed Obama was because Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for him.
    Very different. Bernie fans aren't just democrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Okay. Obama is currently enjoying the one of the most or the most popular lame duck session in modern presidential history. What is wrong with more of the same? And don't give me Libya, as if everyone suddenly gives two shits about a country half a world away which more than 90% STILL cannot locate on a map.
    Well, what is wrong with more of the same? I don't even know where to start!

Low entry salaries making people not even be able to support themselves from 1 job, forcing them to sometimes work 2 full jobs, worse than in the industrial era.
    High price of education, and growing, meaning the generations coming are less and less educated due to financial constrains.
    High price of healthcare, meaning that after you work 2 jobs and get sick from the stress, you can't treat yourself without ruining all your economies.
    Climate change being ignored, so there are areas turning into deserts and yet there's no plan even if more and more people continue to go there.
    Crumbling infrastructure that has not received good investments in decades.
    Profit prisons funded by companies that don't work for rehabilitation, they just make the matter worse in some cases.
    Middle class shrinking in numbers.
    Not taking care of your veterans after they served the USA in pointless wars.
    The fact that one of the biggest tax havens was uncovered working right after the companies were given bailouts.

I don't know, these are just some of the problems going worse. Sure, not all started during Obama, but he did very minor attempts to stop them or none at all. So yes, more of the same is bad.

I also find it funny how you speak about Libya when the USA has a huge deal of internal problems. The poor and middle class don't give a shit about Libya or Russia or China. None of them are their problems. Their problems are having money to live nowadays.

Ah, and I almost forgat. Obama is popular now because compared to the current choices between Hillary and Trump, he actually is the best. And for those issues where people dislike him, they still prefer going forwards with him rather than Trump, who is crazy, or Hillary, who lies all the time and flip flops between issues like socks. At least they know what to expect from Obama. But the future is looking bleaker with either of the 2 current choices.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-06-29 at 09:36 PM.

I don't know, these are just some of the problems going worse. Sure, not all started during Obama, but he did very minor attempts to stop them or none at all. So yes, more of the same is bad.
    You seem wildly out of touch. Maybe it's because you aren't in the US.
    Obama fought for pretty much everything you listed. Clinton will, too.

Example, Obama tried to raise the minimum wage in 2014 but was blocked by Congress. So he tried to go around it as much as possible with federal contractor increases and the like.

This doesn't get fixed with a more liberal President. It gets fixed with a more liberal Congress.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

I'm going to vote for Hillary just because I really, really don't want Trump to be President. The results of said Trump presidency would be so horrible for America and other countries compared to a Hillary presidency that I honestly cannot justify NOT voting.

It's seriously a lesser-of-two-evils kind of thing for me, I don't like either of them.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2016-06-29 at 11:44 PM.

Well, what is wrong with more of the same? I don't even know where to start!

Low entry salaries making people not even be able to support themselves from 1 job, forcing them to sometimes work 2 full jobs, worse than in the industrial era.
    High price of education, and growing, meaning the generations coming are less and less educated due to financial constrains.
    High price of healthcare, meaning that after you work 2 jobs and get sick from the stress, you can't treat yourself without ruining all your economies.
    Climate change being ignored, so there are areas turning into deserts and yet there's no plan even if more and more people continue to go there.
    Crumbling infrastructure that has not received good investments in decades.
    Profit prisons funded by companies that don't work for rehabilitation, they just make the matter worse in some cases.
    Middle class shrinking in numbers.
    Not taking care of your veterans after they served the USA in pointless wars.
    The fact that one of the biggest tax havens was uncovered working right after the companies were given bailouts.

I also find it funny how you speak about Libya when the USA has a huge deal of internal problems. The poor and middle class don't give a shit about Libya or Russia or China. None of them are their problems. Their problems are having money to live nowadays.

Ah, and I almost forgat. Obama is popular now because compared to the current choices between Hillary and Trump, he actually is the best. And for those issues where people dislike him, they still prefer going forwards with him rather than Trump, who is crazy, or Hillary, who lies all the time and flip flops between issues like socks. At least they know what to expect from Obama. But the future is looking bleaker with either of the 2 current choices.
    And how much is that is down to a republican lead congress blocking any kind of progress in the last 8 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    You seem wildly out of touch. Maybe it's because you aren't in the US.
    Obama fought for pretty much everything you listed. Clinton will, too.

Example, Obama tried to raise the minimum wage in 2014 but was blocked by Congress. So he tried to go around it as much as possible with federal contractor increases and the like.

This doesn't get fixed with a more liberal President. It gets fixed with a more liberal Congress.
    Hillary would likely mean a liberal SCOTUS, as well. This means LOTS of potential good things could happen, socially. At least as far as mentally sane people go, anyway. Who cares what the Neanderthals that promote abstinence and think abortion is solved by telling women to go across state borders think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm going to vote for Hillary just because I really, really don't want Trump to be President. The results of said Trump presidency would be so horrible for America and other countries compared to a Hillary presidency that I honestly cannot justify NOT voting.

It's seriously a lesser-of-two-evils kind of thing for me, I don't like either of them.
    Most of our elections in the past decade or two have been like that, but this one is quite a bit more severe. Hillary represents potential improvements socially while we will likely remain the same in most other areas. Trump... I don't think anyone knows what Trump means, other than basically every country of substance staying the fuck away from America and American interest for 4 years.