I'm telling you, Edmure is the best pick. He only has one inconvenient wife to kill, too.

Not sure if this have been posted before, but O M F G:

Direct Link if you wanna watch in FullScreen + HD: vimeo.com/172374044

Last edited by Nelle; 2016-06-28 at 11:30 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    With Tommen disappears the last Baratheon. Who is the Lord of the Stormlands? Will he support Queen Cersei? How much will the other lords of that region support her? If there is a faction against the Lannisters, there is bound to be a leader. It's that leader that she should marry. Or his son, if he's already married. When she lands, she will most likely already have the alliegence of Dorne and the Reach. The marriage I propose would give her the Stormlands. She would control all the South and would be at KL's doorstep.

Storywise, it would make sense. Daenerys is the main character. She needs to shine. Having her wed a character of less importance would allow that. Plus, we haven't seen the Stormlands a lot in the show.
    I do not consider Dany the main character. A main character maybe, but with her story being totally unrelated and stuck in the mud for 4 seasons, I'd have to say others have more importance.

Her story matters literally only case GRRM says it matters since he has a plan for her. She could hav literally been introduced this season and nothing would change.

Meanwhile, had any other character acted differently and the landscape in westeros(and even Essos ) would change. Dany has only impacted Essos by means of killing the Khals, and killing the masters. Both happened this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I do not consider Dany the main character. A main character maybe, but with her story being totally unrelated and stuck in the mud for 4 seasons, I'd have to say others have more importance.

Her story matters literally only case GRRM says it matters since he has a plan for her. She could hav literally been introduced this season and nothing would change.

Meanwhile, had any other character acted differently and the landscape in westeros(and even Essos ) would change. Dany has only impacted Essos by means of killing the Khals, and killing the masters. Both happened this season.
    Yeah, I meant "a" main character. I believe she should be the main character of the couple. If she gets married.

But I disagree with you when you say that her story is totally unrelated. And she was already impacting Essos by taking the cities of Slavers Bay.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That made sense to you, that Arya, an assassin who always eschewed lady-like things, took the time to kill, carve, and bake Freys? I mean, obviously from a book reader's perspective it's a nod to Frey Pies, which are a thing for a totally different set of characters, but I've been told time and time again I shouldn't give a shit about the books and these are the shows, damn it, and they're different.
    Yes. It did. Because she's after vengeance. I don't know why the fact that she baked them into pies would shock you.

And I know that Arya has said she's "not no one," yet she has all the powers of "no one," IE the Faceless Men. Which, again, doesn't make sense. This is based on the previous scene where Jaqen let her go which....also doesn't make sense.
    It doesn't make sense to you, but I've long since realized that the showrunners have a story they're telling, and I'm not going to judge it by the books.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I heard a pretty cool theory:

And who will be playing the older version of Sam, for the final scene? Well... Who do we know that's old, fat, has a large beard and likes hats?
    Santa ? bilbo baggins ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I heard a pretty cool theory:

Basically, all the events of GoT are actually in the past. This whole show is inside the mind of a maester as he writes the history of the war of the five kings in a big volume to catalogue it for posterity.

That maester's name? Sam!

The final ever scene of GoT will be the camera panning back as he writes the final line.

And who will be playing the older version of Sam, for the final scene? Well... Who do we know that's old, fat, has a large beard and likes hats?
    Ooh! Ooh! I think I got it!

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    That's not true. Her sex scenes brought a lot of viewers to the show.

Thinks back to what got me interested in the show ...

God damn you're right! Now I'm upset I didn't see her and Daario get it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Yeah, I meant "a" main character. I believe she should be the main character of the couple. If she gets married.

But I disagree with you when you say that her story is totally unrelated. And she was already impacting Essos by taking the cities of Slavers Bay.
    I would agree, but it changed nothing as seen by the harpies and the masters basically undoing all that. If she didn't have Drogon and the Dothraki, she'd have really done nothing that lasted.

So short of her hatching the dragons back in season 1 , we could have ignored her for 5 seasons and then show her using her fire immunity to kill the Khals, and then burning some shit. Then she'd have her army, her dragons and we'd be back to where we are.

I'm not saying she didn't do anything. She did I guess. I am just saying she didn't actually accomplish anything worth 5 seasons of screen time to show. She literally went back to square one and did what she should have since Drogo died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was rewatching the KitN scene, listening to Lord Manderly's speech particulary when he says "Jon Snow avenged the red wedding" and i thought: well yea i get what you're saying, but the North doesn't know about the Freys and the Lannisters are still standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I was rewatching the KitN scene, listening to Lord Manderly's speech particulary when he says "Jon Snow avenged the red wedding" and i thought: well yea i get what you're saying, but the North doesn't know about the Freys and the Lannisters are still standing.
    Right, but he was referring to the Boltons, whose lord was the one who straight up assassinated King Robb Stark.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Right, but he was referring to the Boltons, whose lord was the one who straight up assassinated King Robb Stark.
    Yea i know, but im assuminv everyone knows the RW was a joint plot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Not sure if this have been posted before, but O M F G:

Direct Link if you wanna watch in FullScreen + HD: vimeo.com/172374044

It's impressive how they do this shit. And I remember from another video somewhere that they actually only had 80 horses they simply digitally copied or reused to give the appearance of hundreds and thousands of cavalry.

And they'd simply film a horse falling onto a mat a hundred different ways (careful to avoid harming the horse) and then just digitally insert them using sorcery.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone else think Cersei is completely fucked now?

I mean, she's got the Iron Throne, but how long will she keep it? The North hates her. The Freys are dead. The Lannisters might even be against her for the death of Lord Kevan, although who knows how that'll play out. Even Jaime, given by his facial expression, isn't happy with her. The Tyrells and the Martells ran off the join Daenarys, who is crossing the Narrow Sea as we speak.

Who's on her side? A deranged necromancer and his Frankenstein creation? Will Euron join her?
    Putin khuliyo

Im thinking she may hire the Bloody Mummers to bulk up her numbers, but idk. Maybe she could get the Taryls (when he comes for his blade), but they are minor house.
    Have they said whether Gendry will ever be back?

Its weird, throughout the whole show the most fucked family was the Starks, now they are the strongest and ever other family is dead or nearly dying. The Freys are gone, if Frey had other qualified sons to run things, they would have been seen. The Queen of Thorns is the last of the Tyrells of import, Dorne is filled with basterds and girls (though that isnt important there) Jon is a Targaryen but unnamed, Tyrion could be, and Dany is, but she may continue another family line if she marries. The Baratheons are all dead.

The only one in the Sept I feel truly bad for is Kevan, he is the only one who hadnt done anything truly bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yes. It did. Because she's after vengeance. I don't know why the fact that she baked them into pies would shock you.

It doesn't make sense to you, but I've long since realized that the showrunners have a story they're telling, and I'm not going to judge it by the books.
    You can't just say it "makes sense" and then wave your hands, and then suddenly it makes sense. Vengeance would be killing everyone in the castle. After all, there are many more Freys than just Lothar, Black Walder, and Walder, most of whom were at the Red Wedding. The fact that she baked pies doesn't shock me, it just makes no sense. What's the point of it, besides a nod to book readers?

As for whether or not she's a FM and how she can both not be a member but still use their powers - that's shitty storytelling. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't just say it "makes sense" and then wave your hands, and then suddenly it makes sense. Vengeance would be killing everyone in the castle. After all, there are many more Freys than just Lothar, Black Walder, and Walder, most of whom were at the Red Wedding. The fact that she baked pies doesn't shock me, it just makes no sense. What's the point of it, besides a nod to book readers?
    He ate his own heirs. His own family. That's a serious mindfuck. It's clearly a nod to the books, as well, but I don't see why that's a problem?

As for whether or not she's a FM and how she can both not be a member but still use their powers - that's shitty storytelling. Simple as that.
    In your opinion, which is not fact. I thought it was interesting, and I look forward to hearing the explanation at some point of how she was able to do that.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty storytelling would be spending all that time having her learn the ways of the faceless men and then never using them.

How is "just a nod to book readers". The story of the Rat King is in the show too. Whining about absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Now that the house has lost its head and it's shoulders there will be in-fighting which will only serve to weaken the family even more. Jaime made it quite clear to Walder Frey that the Lannisters were tired of having to come to the rescue every time the Freys fucked something up.

The river lands are there for the taking now. Although without the Frey and his two sons the army may well be a more competent fighting machine.

Deleted
    If only Blackfish hadn't gone nuts, he could have now rescued Edmure n started a rebellion, now with main 3 Freys dead.