Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qtBlackGandolf View Post
    How does the combustion buff work in regards to spell cast/impact stuff. Does it work like old shatter (applies when the spell cast leaves your hand) or like the new one (on impact)? Like if I cast a fireball and combust mid air, will the buff apply to my spell or do I need to cast it just before finishing the cast time for fireball?
    I'm pretty sure it gets considered at cast, not at impact, when I was trying it this week.

Why would it not be spell cast....only Frost has changed in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    it should work on impact
    It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    It's very obvious they were asking about combustion, not shatter. They were using old vs new shatter as an example. Edited out the comparison for apparent clarity.
    What makes it hard for you to understand the sentence "new shatter mechanic does not apply to fire spells"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naedrim View Post
    If you understood it then you know that what you said has nothing to do with what he's asking.
    No it just means you don't understand English.
    His question was answered.

Quote Originally Posted by qtBlackGandolf View Post
    How does the combustion buff work in regards to spell cast/impact stuff. Does it work like old shatter (applies when the spell cast leaves your hand) or like the new one (on impact)? Like if I cast a fireball and combust mid air, will the buff apply to my spell or do I need to cast it just before finishing the cast time for fireball?
    http://imgur.com/gvLYkFO

As you can see
    17:31:30 I began pyroblast.
    17:31:34 my Pyroblast left my hands towards the Bulwark.
    17:31:35 I hit combustion and shortly after my Pyroblast hit for a non crit.

This would suggest to me that it applies when the spell cast leaves your hand, not sure how people misunderstood your question.

Deleted
    Did they change the visual of phoenix flames in this build?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post

As you can see

This would suggest to me that it applies when the spell cast leaves your hand, not sure how people misunderstood your question.
    Finally an answer to the interesting question posed

It apparently works like the majority of other buffs in the game, you need to activate it before the cast finishes. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I don't know what to make of this..
    My best guess..

Stack overflow of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    Did they change the visual of phoenix flames in this build?
    I want to say yes. http://imgur.com/B8xKMU4 the colours seem brighter to me compared to the last build. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post

As you can see

That's not my experience. You can use combustion while casting and I've had several moments where the spell that was casting didn't crit, unless it's bugged that suggests it applies when you start casting the next spell.

I'm not at home so I can't confirm if it's still the same for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Finally an answer
    You had three more answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    You can use combustion while casting and I've had several moments where the spell that was casting didn't crit
    Naked on 20% crit.
    Hard casted Pyroblast with Combustion in the middle of the casting.
    Attempt 1: Crit
    Attempt 2: Crit
    Attempt 3: Crit
    Attempt 4: Crit
    Attempt 5: Crit
    Attempt 6: Crit
    Attempt 7: Crit

Probability of that happening if Combustion didn't work: (0.2x1.3)^7=0.008%
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-29 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    That's not my experience. You can use combustion while casting and I've had several moments where the spell that was casting didn't crit, unless it's bugged that suggests it applies when you start casting the next spell.

I'm not at home so I can't confirm if it's still the same for me
    Im not sure how what you said applies as yours is a different scenario.

Im showing that buffs applied to the caster while the spell is in flight wont be applied when the spell lands.
    Your saying buffs (combustion) applied while casting will wont be applied.

I get the feeling that at this point (17:31:34> You cast Pyroblast lesser Bulwark Construct.) The game takes into account my target and any buffs I have on me at the time. As combustion was used after this there is no way it would hit with the combustion buff applied. As you can see it didn't crit.

However if I had applied the combustion buff during my cast it would crit. eg.

17:31:30> You Began to cast Pyroblast
    17:31:32> you cast Combustion.
    17:31:34> You cast Pyroblast lesser Bulwark Construct.
    17:31:35> Your Pyroblast hit Lesser Bulwark Construct 51080 Fire (Critical).

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    Whats the best talent set up for leveling? anyone willing to share?
    http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/fire/M6Iz

Deleted
    The Artifact Trait "Cauterizing Blink" is very strong for leveling. Taking Shimmer as the 30 Talent allows you to use it twice as often.
    Mirror Images (45) fall behind the better your gear gets, but for leveling the extra damage is fine. Aditionally, enemies attack them first, so you can effectively use them as an additional defensive cooldown.
    You may wanna take Blast Wave as the 60 Trait for its slowing component, Flame on is fine though, too.
    I wouldn't take Cinderstorm as the 100 Talent because the Cinders fly for a full 40 yards and may easily pull additional mobs. Kindling is fine if you utilise it (cast Combustion on CD), else take Meteor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Cauterize? Do you use Fireball enough to justify Firestarter? I'm not sure Rune of Power is bad at levelling.

Generally pyromaniac doesn't proc a lot and conflagration is generally better the more targets you have. I could easily see firestarter being the leveling talent since you would basically have a pyroblast for every single mob. No idea why anyone would take cauterize for leveling.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-06-29 at 05:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Generally pyromaniac doesn't proc a lot and conflagration is generally better the more targets you have. I could easily see firestarter being the leveling talent since you would basically have a pyroblast for every single mob. No idea why anyone would take cauterize for leveling.
    For Cauterize- I took it, because it's basically a 35% heal when mixed with IB. That way, you can round up mobs, AOE your ass off, and when you finally get hit with that killing blow, you pop back up to 35% health and IB. Blink out of IB when it finishes, and you're sitting in pretty good condition considering you also have barrier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Cauterize? Do you use Fireball enough to justify Firestarter? I'm not sure Rune of Power is bad at levelling.
    How is Rune bad for leveling? it's got a small CD. You pop it, and then blow up 2-3 adds within the 10 second window. You say some strangely amusing things sometimes Tobin
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Cauterize's saved me quite a lot on mass pulls...but I guess that was with green shit gear they give you. On mains, Shimmer would probably be better. RoP is a pain in the ass to use with constant movement. You won't be able to sit still too much when there's a thousand other ppl fighting for the same quests. And yea you use fireball to pull mobs + inferno blast = guaranteed pyro and practically dead mob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    How is Rune bad for leveling? it's got a small CD. You pop it, and then blow up 2-3 adds within the 10 second window. You say some strangely amusing things sometimes Tobin
    Do you have an argument against it other than empty sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    RoP is a pain in the ass to use with constant movement.
    That's the first thought of everyone but the problem is that this time around RoP is extremely potent. You are practically one and a half mages during it. Due to the frequent 10 to 30sec downtimes of levelling, it can be up for a lot of the time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an argument against it other than empty sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the first thought of everyone but the problem is that this time around RoP is extremely potent. You are practically one and a half mages during it. Due to the frequent 10 to 30sec downtimes of levelling, it can be up for a lot of the time.
    I just gave you an argument for it. You're asking why anyone would use it during leveling. You pop it and blow shit up. It's Mage 101. If you can't grasp that concept, I'd suggest playing Runescape
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore