Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-polar...ide-deck-leak/

Full spec unleashing, nice goodies.

Though AMD is hammering in heavily on Async Compute and multithreading capabilities.
    There's now 2 Hardware Schedulers implemented on the RX 480 and 4 ACEs instead of 8 on the R9 290/390 series.
    Polaris one upped pascal with the dual eye rendering and to add on better eye tracking and stuff.

That said, HWS (hardware scheduler) existed in Tonga and Fiji. They're functionally two ACEs but also use for virtualization and other professional uses.

Yay free slow tmobile roaming.

So far looks like it trades blows with the 980 depending on the game, and the reference cooler was tested on a brazilian review site it maxxed at 75c in furmark. Considering how hard furmark pushes cards id call that more than impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do people in the uk buy cards from? I'll obviously wait till the customs come out. Never bought a card before.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Where do people in the uk buy cards from? I'll obviously wait till the customs come out. Never bought a card before.
    UK has access to Newegg and Amazon, yeah?

Cards should be available for purchase at 0600 US-Pacific, 0900 US-East, 1400 GMT.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Ive never bought a reference card either but this one might be ok. If it stays quiet its looking like the card stays very cool, not sure on noise levels yet. Will be probably harder to take apart and clean, but meh whats 4 more screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ive never bought a reference card either but this one might be ok. If it stays quiet its looking like the card stays very cool, not sure on noise levels yet. Will be probably harder to take apart and clean, but meh whats 4 more screws.
    ifixit will probably have a guide really quickly. :P

RX 490 listen for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    RX 490 listen for 2016

I'm not understanding what that page means?...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    It's a free game promo for cards bought in the time period mentioned. Since the 490 is on the list it means it's going to be coming out before the end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sites I've used for computer parts over the years are Scan.co.uk, Ebuyer, Dabs, Amazon and Overclockers.

Newegg now do UK sales too I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I think it's one of those free game promotions, if you bought one of those cards between the two dates listed, you're eligible for a code for a free game. End date being in 2016 and the RX 490 being listed implies the 490 will be out some time this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I think it's one of those free game promotions, if you bought one of those cards between the two dates listed, you're eligible for a code for a free game. End date being in 2016 and the RX 490 being listed implies the 490 will be out some time this year.
    That might be reading a bit too much into it though. After all the list is still valid even if they do not release the card in 2016. So if I had to make that list and the release date was uncertain, I'd just put it on the list anyway - just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    RX 480 is listed on Amazon for £220 same as R9 390 and is slower than 390. Screw AMD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    RX 480 is listed on Amazon for £220 same as R9 390 and is slower than 390. Screw AMD.
    are you saying the 480 is worse than the 390?

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/...ted-amazon-uk/

also seems theyre no longer listed on amazon but there is an article
    Last edited by gegalfo; 2016-06-29 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was listed but was pulled, and according to "leaked tests" it' little behind 390-970. For the same price as those 2 same performance (or worse) is a fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was listed but was pulled, and according to "leaked tests" it' little behind 390-970. For the same price as those 2 same performance (or worse) is a fail.
    so based on leaks its a fail? what about the leaks that put them way above what you describe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    so based on leaks its a fail? what about the leaks that put them way above what you describe?
    You mean 2 cards in Cross Fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean 2 cards in Cross Fire?
    there are plenty of leaked benchmarks showing good single card performance

10+ Year Old Account
    We shall wait and see for our self. I want them to be better than I think. However both 390 and 970 can be bought for just over £200, same price suggested for 480.

What are you foreigners babbling about. In the US the card cost's 200 dollars and its on par with the 980 not the 970 (for most games).

Well the first video bench has drop take it as you will. Frankly I'm waiting on more benches. I don't like this guy.

Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-06-29 at 10:58 AM.