Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So they're really keeping the weird fists of fury animation? That's...unfortunate.

Deleted
    My two pet peeves are:

1. So they are not reverting Eagle's Fury to 'channel while moving'?

2. Harpoon is a target only mechanic (unlike Outlaw or HC leap which is castable on terrain) i.e. if you are in fire or have an AE debuff in melee and there is no hostile target in a safe area to harpoon to Survival must rely on AotC 3min cd or an external ability like life grip?

Deleted
    RIP SV, was nice knowing you.

This spec will be the new Gladiator Stance spec.... I really believe that very few people will play/find this spec enjoyable..

Besides, Blizz has NO interaction with the Survival community, and they're pretty much stonewalling every single suggestion in every single feedback thread..
    This spec will be DOA...
    I'm very sad..

Quote Originally Posted by Desimiss View Post
    This spec will be the new Gladiator Stance spec.... I really believe that very few people will play/find this spec enjoyable..

Besides, Blizz has NO interaction with the Survival community, and they're pretty much stonewalling every single suggestion in every single feedback thread..
    This spec will be DOA...
    I'm very sad..
    Well the spec is actually pretty fun to play, but if they keep hammering it with nerfs then it will be unplayed. And as someone that -only- enjoys survival so far in the beta, I'm probably going to reroll if they don't tune survival to be competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    Well the spec is actually pretty fun to play, but if they keep hammering it with nerfs then it will be unplayed. And as someone that -only- enjoys survival so far in the beta, I'm probably going to reroll if they don't tune survival to be competitive.
    Well explotrap was expected there is no way blizz to leave something who do million damage

Wonder if Steel Trap will actually enter the ST rotation - not at home to do math

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well explotrap was expected there is no way blizz to leave something who do million damage
    explosive was expected, the others not so much. Not saying it's terrible now but if Blizzard continues to nerf unnecessary things it may very well become terrible.

So how do you think SV hunter will do in raids?
    (I played hunter DK and Monk on last expansion till 100, raided with them, I couldn't stand hunter much (was MM) as i can't stand range classes that much, so i continued playing as a monk, In this expansion SV is one of the three classes i am interested on SV hunter - Outlaw Rogue - Windwalker monk)

I noticed the latest nerf but they are not 100% enough to turn me down as they doesn't mean for 100% that SV is not good in raids (And to be honest I am not into playing an okay or just good class for pve, i prefer it to be competing with other)>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    RIP SV, was nice knowing you.
    dont worry, blizzard did something like this in all expansion. 3 weeks before launch on the last beta month they will nerf the current best hunter spec to the same level as the other specs. They only buff bm and nerf sm in order to see better on how much they have to nerf BM to keep it in line with MM or SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmy View Post
    So how do you think SV hunter will do in raids?
    I think melee is almost too crowded to give SV a spot for a lot of guilds.
    Currently it's already on the full side, Legion will add demon hunters to that already full group. And if you're playing a SV hunter which has 2 ranged offspecs (contrary to a lot of other specs), it might be hard to justify.

We can talk about viability and balance all we want; but point in case is that the expansion is still 2 months away. You probably won't see the interior of a raid for another few weeks after that. And then the meta still has to settle out.
    Anything can and WILL happen between now and that time; so arguing whether or not SV will be viable at that relative far away point in the future, is pretty much a waste of time.

The only thing worth arguing is mechanics and the grand scope of things.
    Will survival have a good toolkit for different scenarios?
    Will SV have the mobility that a melee spec needs?
    Is the rotation engaging enough?
    etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    etc etc.
    Survival have not of above.If the spec is not one of the top Damage dealers then will be much more easy for devs simple to delete the whole spec

Survival have not of above.If the spec is not one of the top Damage dealers then will be much more easy for devs simple to delete the whole spec
    Survival has a good toolkit. Good burst AoE, good burst on priority targets, better-than-average Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I think melee is almost too crowded to give SV a spot for a lot of guilds.
    Currently it's already on the full side, Legion will add demon hunters to that already full group. And if you're playing a SV hunter which has 2 ranged offspecs (contrary to a lot of other specs), it might be hard to justify.

We can talk about viability and balance all we want; but point in case is that the expansion is still 2 months away. You probably won't see the interior of a raid for another few weeks after that. And then the meta still has to settle out.
    Anything can and WILL happen between now and that time; so arguing whether or not SV will be viable at that relative far away point in the future, is pretty much a waste of time.

The only thing worth arguing is mechanics and the grand scope of things.
    etc etc.
    I am not really into guild raiding because of the time they raid (its not that i don't have the time, i just dislike the time most of them use to raid, so i am going with pug at the first weeks of the expansion, and judging from every expansion pug favor people with better ilvl, so they care about players that worked on their character to the possible fullest on the first week.

Which means I don't have the luxury of picking the wrong class and reroll another, as starting a new class later on means lost the spot no matter which class or role i am playing.

I didn't play SV spec before, Hunter for me was MM and BM only, and from what i heard SV was a pvp class more than pve at that time (they were the last on most charts)

I understand your point, meta is changing and most the time meta effects guilds more than other, on pug gear progression is the king, and judge from the current beta

SV has a not bad mobility, harpoon to engage, tiger to disengage sometimes (disengage would of been a perfect mobility on pve but it would make a problem on pvp).
    They have a ranged skill to use while disengaging from melee range.
    they have good aoe right now,,
    The rotation is decent.

The thing is about the numbers, do they compete with the other melee dps or just like before, not meant to be competitive on pve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Survival has a good toolkit. Good burst AoE, good burst on priority targets, better-than-average Cleave.
    Oh misread
    Anyway the spec just will not bring anything special to raid beside his damage.If blizz keep nerf the damage on HUNTERS what is the point to get in raids ?? when every one can do "our" job even beter.There is no weapons drop so that argument also became invalid.So only damage left and for SVV its should be top of the 3, we are not a class with heal or oftank spec and yet blizz push us below Hybrids
    Ofc its abit early to say something but based on my experience we will just be on the bottom atleast month after release
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-06-30 at 03:49 PM.

Oh misread
    Anyway the spec just will not bring anything special to raid beside his damage.If blizz keep nerf the damage on HUNTERS what is the point to get in raids ?? when every one can do "our" job even beter.There is no weapons drop so that argument also became invalid.So only damage left and for SVV its should be top of the 3, we are not a class with heal or oftank spec and yet blizz push us below Hybrids
    Ofc its abit early to say something but based on my experience we will just be on the bottom atleast month after release
    Hunters were already in a shit state in HFC. Only 1 spec was viable, 1 was literally dead, other shit because it lots its set bonuses.

Oh misread
    You're not speaking from any experience at all. You're spouting nonsense. Tuning isn't done, Survival actually has nice tools for raiding, and real raid utility isn't a prevalent anymore anyway. Also, even if what you were saying held any merit, it would only matter for the very top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    You're not speaking from any experience at all. You're spouting nonsense. Tuning isn't done, Survival actually has nice tools for raiding, and real raid utility isn't a prevalent anymore anyway. Also, even if what you were saying held any merit, it would only matter for the very top guilds.
    The main problem is, as other stated, there's already too many melee. If you're already in a guild with people that have been melee mains for their entire playtime and aren't switching, you probably aren't getting a spot if there's other ranged waiting to get in. If you have guildies rerolling to a different class you might get their spot. With class utility pretty much gone, it just comes down to overall damage, and if SV is less than others the chances are hurt as well as the fact that, if again, your guildies aren't rerolling then they already have melee spots filled.
    Not saying it's not possible, but in a mythic raid guild pushing progression, the chances are less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The main problem is, as other stated, there's already too many melee. If you're already in a guild with people that have been melee mains for their entire playtime and aren't switching, you probably aren't getting a spot if there's other ranged waiting to get in. If you have guildies rerolling to a different class you might get their spot. With class utility pretty much gone, it just comes down to overall damage, and if SV is less than others the chances are hurt as well as the fact that, if again, your guildies aren't rerolling then they already have melee spots filled.
    Not saying it's not possible, but in a mythic raid guild pushing progression, the chances are less.
    Well, several raid hunters in serenity and method already stated that the mongoose bite stacking mechanic is terrible for pve in the long run, as it requires high uptime on the mob. The majority of melee classes do not rely on such a mechanic to deal good dps, not to mention SV, despite the name, lacks defensive cooldowns. Its not ready to be a full melee spec atm.

Damage can always be altered, but in the past addons hunters were always around the middle of the pack, i doubt blizz will make them a top tier damage spec like they were in BC. Hunters always started strong in each addon, but fell off extremly quickly in the scaling.
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2016-06-30 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The important thing you said there is Mythic progression. Imo if you're in a guild like that, you need to be prepared to play classes other than your most enjoyed. Mythic is very much hardcore, and it's the only environment where you'll really need to min max rosters. Even then, i'd argue it only matter's for the really, really cutting edge guilds. Most other guilds will make do with what they have. Think far too much is made out of this being benched stuff. Way less prevalent than is made out.