Poll: Will legion overall be better than WoD?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

of course. WoD is literally the worst xpac.

I don't think Legion will be good, but being better than WoD should not be a challenge.

Deleted
    I mean you could put a little Legion flag in a turd, and it would be better than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Ehm what? Seriously you people and the illusion of choice....

I use just as many buttons on live as on the PTR, minus maybe 1 or 2 on some specs because they cleaned up the roles.
    on my blood dk, on live im using 26 abilities, on ptr im left with 16 + maybe 1 or 2 if i change talents. so not really an illusion.

on topic, lets talk about this 2 months before the next expansion.

It's always the same: just in MoP everyone was crying about how bad this game has become and how WoD will be so much better...

I like WoD and I am quite sure that I will like Legion too. But I think it turns out as always: announcement -> hype -> release -> initial hype -> content done -> crying about how bad everything has become -> announcement...

It's barely better than WoD.

Two months in, Legion will be called WoD 2.0, guaranteed, and it will be apparent that asking whether Legion is better than WoD makes you choose between two turds, one of which has a couple more grinds.

On a personal level, there's essentially zero chance I will dislike Legion as much as I disliked WoD.

WoD was unmitigated garbage that had the most amateur, idiotic mistakes I've seen from Blizzard yet. Legion, at worst, may not be my cup of tea but from playing the beta pretty extensively I can say that it has at least twice the content WoD had at launch.

If nothing else, even if Legion is bad, it's at least giving me more stuff I enjoy, like actual solo content, worthwhile professions and alt fun.

Deleted
    Honestly im abit concerned, i as a raider liked the raids and class design in WoD (wich means the most to me). I realise everything else was shit in WoD and yes i also hated WoD i was not subbed for longer periods this expac. However i feel like all the great things we see in legion (wich there are alot off) comes at a great cost, and that cost is class design..

Again this is imo so please dont get offended if you dont agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flikgoeswild View Post
    Honestly im abit concerned, i as a raider liked the raids and class design in WoD (wich means the most to me). I realise everything else was shit in WoD and yes i also hated WoD i was not subbed for longer periods this expac. However i feel like all the great things we see in legion (wich there are alot off) comes at a great cost, and that cost is class design..

Again this is imo so please dont get offended if you dont agree.
    I actually agree with you overall.

I disagree with the Raids part, overall I felt the Raids for WoD were okay, but I feel class design was pretty great.

To answer the threads question, I had bad feelings about WoD from the moment it was announced, I don't get the same bad feelings about Legion.

Could it be horrible? Yeah it sure as hell could be horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I never hated WoD, so I'm not sure.

Kinda skeptical about the lore, tbh. I'm hoping that they're not gonna go all Game of Thronesy on it. And I don't care about the indigenous population of the isle, much like Pandaria, which also turned out to be a lore snooze, even though much of the rest of the expansion was great.

I like the concept of the artifact weapon, however, I do think they are too limited, and it's a shame we won't get any more transmog options out of it, unless they release a lot of cosmetic weapon models along the way. I'll probably play a lot of fury warrior, and it pains me to see that we're dealt ugly toothpicks for the entire expansion, so I have to use existing mogs for a very long time.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I worry about yet another wave of pruning but the world content, just by lack of omission, is goong to be a lot better

On the raid front i dint know tho.. Wod had some really good raids, lets hopthey keep it up

Not going full Tommlin out the window on the yearly expansion thing is a big chance to step in the right direction. But only time can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh, this thread is a deja vu.

We had it at the end of WotLK, then at the end of Cata and now...here it is again.
    At the end of Mists too, mate
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Wrath was great!

But, I didn't enjoy it as much as TBC; just like I didn't enjoy Cataclysm as much as Wrath... and so on.

I've enjoyed the game less with each new expansion. But the age of the game has nothing to do with it. They've just been going in the wrong direction for my tastes.
    for me ive just been getting older love wow always but cant go hardcore like i used to. Its easier to come back since Blizzard is making it easier to raid or do watever without a guild

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    So he's right then.
    Yup, totally.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    From what I have played in alpha/beta and from what I've seen from others I don't think Legion will win by a mile but it will be slightly better. Won't be as good as MoP (and the usual) though.

it's going to be wod 2.0

Deleted
    Any answer other than "yes" is either trolling or uneducated. The two aren't even comparable when you see what Legion has to offer, also I'm not accepting "but day took x abilityz qq" as a reason to say the expansion is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's barely better than WoD.

Two months in, Legion will be called WoD 2.0, guaranteed, and it will be apparent that asking whether Legion is better than WoD makes you choose between two turds, one of which has a couple more grinds.
    Need to pull your head out of the sand mate - Legion in my eyes completely destroy the last 2-3 expansions.