Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dogs kills 3 day old baby

A California mother told police that she had left her newborn daughter for just a matter of seconds.

She said that she had “walked away for a few seconds” after placing the 3-day-old child on a sofa, Sgt. Dan Macias told the Fresno Bee. “She left the door open because it was hot, and she thought the dogs were tied up.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9c0e9662c07

Why do people insist on having animals that can kill their kids as pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Simple, because people are stupid.

Sad tale as always, I won't get into the breed arguments since they've been done to death but I would say the usual that it just seems unwise to bring a baby into a home with territorial/aggressive dogs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    A California mother told police that she had left her newborn daughter for just a matter of seconds.

She said that she had “walked away for a few seconds” after placing the 3-day-old child on a sofa, Sgt. Dan Macias told the Fresno Bee. “She left the door open because it was hot, and she thought the dogs were tied up.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9c0e9662c07

Some pets are actually pretty good with kids. The question always remain if it's smart hygiene wise though. But if you need to tie up your own dogs its probably not a great idea to have them around when you have kids.

My dog takes care of some little(3-4 week old) kittens and carries them around like they are her own puppies, pretty darn cute. I do have the sweetest German Sheppard I've ever seen though. If a total stranger opens up the passenger's side door my dog will jump in straight away, because care rides are fun!
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2016-06-29 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Sad tale as always, I won't get into the breed arguments since they've been done to death but I would say the usual that it just seems unwise to bring a baby into a home with territorial/aggressive dogs.
    You shouldn't bring children into homes with aggressive dogs, but the dogs are not neccessarily aggressive for the sheer fact that they're pit bull/shar pei mixes.

7+ Year Old Account
    my one dog will lick you to absolute death but he isnt ever unsupervised with children, he has never bit anyone but is a 9 month old pup he jumps up the sheer force of a 40 lb dog jumping on a child could be enough to hurt them.

This is another case of poor dog ownership. the article also just says attack, did they maul the baby or just drag it outside like they would one of their stuffed animals =/

breed arguments aside any dog could kill a baby at that age, cats as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Having territorial/aggressive dogs in a house with children is retarded.

I own a very calm dog that is great with children and older people. But that's both a combination of breed and specific personality traits, as is the opposite disposition.

Even then, I will never leave it without supervision, as almost 70kg of dog could always cause trouble even if accidentally.

A tragic accident, but the reality is that any dog at any time, could always snap. It doesn't matter how well you've trained your dog, or how nice they are, they're animals who don't understand what's going on most of the time.

I don't think that this has anything to do with them being dangerous dogs, but, it's a risk to have any animal with you children, especially one that could harm or kill your child. I feel sorry for the family, I don't blame them.

Children and pets should never be unsupervised, regardless of breed. In my opinion this breed should be made extinct, but I'd say the same if it was a child and a Corgy. Animals are dumb creatures and Children are, too. Accidents happen all the time.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Children and pets should never be unsupervised, regardless of breed. In my opinion this breed should be made extinct, but I'd say the same if it was a child and a Corgy. Animals are dumb creatures and Children are, too. Accidents happen all the time.
    Wait, what? You want to wipe out an every pit bull/shar pei mix? What the fuck will that do exactly?

Deleted
    Heh this is getting as annoying as the gun regulation threads where after every mass shooting there's people going : guns are ok guys it's other reasons why it happened , same with these : aggressive dogs are ok guys , doesn't matter it's always them in the news when there's a killing, there's other reasons. And as always both those people are in the wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    fun fact too (not really fun)defective cribs kill more children a year than dogs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    fun fact too (not really fun)defective cribs kill more children a year than dogs.
    even funnier fact, Toddlers killed more American's than Terrorists in 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Heh this is getting as annoying as the gun regulation threads where after every mass shooting there's people going : guns are ok guys it's other reasons why it happened , same with these : aggressive dogs are ok guys , doesn't matter it's always them in the news when there's a killing, there's other reasons. And as always both those people are in the wrong.
    I believe that there is a universal reason for all of these. People are irresponsible and dumb.

Leaving a 3 day old baby unattended on the sofa is retarded for a multitude of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

This is just fucking hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    bears did too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Wait, what? You want to wipe out an every pit bull/shar pei mix? What the fuck will that do exactly?
    It will remove one of the ugliest breeds from the face of the Earth. They should really be their own animal category. Call the mutant dogs or something.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dog would only attack a baby if he was underfeed and starving. They arent wolfs that kill everything on sight.

This is probaly of a story of a single mother woman who didnt want a baby and she just wanted money from insurance.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    We need to ban dogs and assault style dogs immediately

Deleted
    So; are we now supposed to judge her on how bad she is as a dog-owner, or on how bad she is as a mother?

Evidence suggests she is preety miserable at both.

It will remove one of the ugliest breeds from the face of the Earth. They should really be their own animal category. Call the mutant dogs or something.
    (joke) A german calling for the eradication of a race/breed... Where did i read about something similar? (/joke)
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-06-29 at 10:42 AM.

All dogs are mutants, no dog is a natural occurring thing within nature.

You don't see German Shepherds running in the damn Serengeti.