Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah I was wondering/hoping performance in the matches helped, cause one match I lost twice in a row but got two silvers and a gold.
    Well lucky for you the only thing that determines if you gain or lose is if you win or lose the match. Which is extremely frustrating when your team refuses to switch, you are switching to counter still top in medals. Oh best part was because I stuck with crappy groups in prelims I get a low rank where I'm stuck with all the idiots.

Don't think I've been so frustrated at the game in forever. Going to have to wait for friends to log on so I can actually move up to some competent people =/

Oh did I mention the best part, you only get competitive points if you win. If you lose you are SOL. Yeah, getting weapons for a few heroes is going to take forever, because it's 300 wins per golden weapon not to mention all the losses you suffer along the way. Surprised they don't remove points if you lose >>

Right now I feel like I'm playing Quick Play mode with small perks and longer matches.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-06-29 at 10:16 AM.

Just received a loss because I was forced to ALT +F4 when I was stuck at the 'choose hero' screen, except I couldn't choose anyone and all I could see was Zarya. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Question, is it better to be 100 or 1?

/10 characters
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    /10 characters
    Okay, thank you

went 7-3 and ranked 50 playing lucio/mercy, so it's not all w/l. Played first 5 solo and 4 of those were quick 1-0 payload stomps either way, so not sure if those are more or less points, since whether my team won or not i didn't really have to do much. Once you start playing with a group it matches you against other groups and the games tend to be more competitive and stats build up, especially in the KotH maps.

Deleted
    I believe I got 7-3 (might've been 6-4) and played like a beast, I was pretty proud of myself.

Ranking is 61... but man, I lost games that were pretty much won already and I was a bit pissed that we lost them in the first place because I did everything I wanted. I can't blame anyone for the games lost though, there is no way that I could've done all that flanking without a team that can hold his own for a while. Only one thing made me angry, people running into 6v1 fights for no reason.

Played 8 out of 10 times Soldier 76, because I played with a dedicated healer (not dedicated to me, but someone who only picks Lucio and Mercy) and my mains are Soldier/Lucio/Mercy.

I wonder if I'm now way above my avg. skilllevel. (which would be frustrating because losing 10 games in a row until I'm adjusted is not really fun... especially if I'm responsible)
    I guess I should wait a little until ranks get avg. out a bit. Overwatchstats says I'm <#400 EU... I don't want to be there.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-06-29 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 is average (woohoo, I'm average!), so anything above that is good. The higher the better.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    50 is average (woohoo, I'm average!), so anything above that is good. The higher the better.
    In a few months it will be. As of midnight last night (mountain time) the highest skill ranking according to master Overwatch was 77.
    So a rank 50 is ranked better than roughly 66% of players.

Never mind. I math-Ed wrong.
    Current distribution of players
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-06-29 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I can't wait to see people claiming anyone under 70 is bad, but it's kinda hard to argue with such a straight forward ranking system.

There's a factor in how well you also played. I'm not the best player, but lost 6 of 10, and 4 of those were attributed to having a team that just got steamrolled. Started at 46, won 2 matches and almost to 48. Should move up faster now I hope as the prelim stuff is pretty mismatched where people that start in the 90's are playing against people that might not even know what 1/2 the characters play like. Some of my matches I had teammates that decided to wait on the 1st cap point of Anubis instead of trying to keep the enemy team pinned at the 1st choke point and just get steamrolled, just to have my teammates go "well, I got gold for eliminations!" and the gold was 4 kills. It was embarrassing to say the least. I will say though, it was funny watching our Rein charge into the middle of the enemy team by himself just to put his shield up against Lucio while Pharah shot him from above, Reaper shot him in the back, and Winston shot him thru the shield...and then watch our team go in 1 at a time to die while I got called an a hole for hanging back to group up and take potshots as Soldier or Widow.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-06-29 at 09:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I won 6/4 and got 52, my bf was in the same games and got 53 and our friend who played solo won 8/2 and got 51 (and hes waaay better than us scrubs!) so who knows :P Several of our other friends who are also better than us and won more games got lower ranks. The only thing I would say is we auto-lost a game due to someone DCing and we left, not sure what kind of impact that had on the overall placements.

My (newbie) DeviantArt - Beautiful sig by Shyama

I won my placement games 6:4, somehow I've been recorded as 6:5 when I only played 10 matches, and got a rank 49....

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/p...ursedsoul-1868

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Of course wins/losses are the determining factor. Not sure what else people expected, another "Rank me based on my DPS or something!" pipe dream?
    That is the case, though. The better you do, the more points you get. It's not just about winning/losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Well it's out of 100, so 63 isn't terrible.
    62 seems really high for 6/10. 3 of my friends and I went 9-1 X2 and 8-2, ended up with 54-59. Either way 60+ is where the decent players are. All of the solid players are around 70+.

The average will be anywhere from 40-50.

From what I've read win/loss is the ONLY factor while doing the placement matches.

Reference incase anybody wants it:
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/p...HardNmity-2954
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-06-30 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 6 wins in my placement matches and got placed dead on 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    went 7-3 and got 58. i would say i enjoyed these competitive matches far more than most of the other games i played and the style of actually playing both sides in 1 match is also better than it being effectively being 2 matchest rather than one in quick

4:6 because of lvl 20 plebs going shit like double lucio and triple sniper.

That and people leaving mean its an auto LOSS but you dont get XP penalty

Ranked me 44 im now 54 working way up.
    seems like 1-3 wins a rank for me atm

Yet im seeing absolute trash lvl 20 fresh accounts at rank 56+ because of lucky pre 10 games

Deleted
    Rank 49, went up to 50 then dropped 46 now I think. Solo-Q is a role of the dice, if you can play with pre-made then do so.

EDIT: It seems that if you pass 60 then you are kinda in the safe zone, when it comes to solo-Q but everything before that is just a pain in the ass.

won 7 placement games.
    ranked 50.