Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about this MMR. Out of 12 games, only won 4, and of the 7 I lost,
    most of them were a complete curbstomp (ala Free) win for the other team.

The remaining ones were my team winning until the other team just came
    back and proceeded to curbstomp us into defeat.

The one thing I did notice was that the other team tended to have much higher
    level players than mine, and Jesus, did the player skill difference really show.

At this rate, getting 300 wins seems like a fucking impossibility, so I think I'll
    stay out of this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leaver grace period needs to be shortened. Literally had 2 seconds left before we could not get a leaver penalty and they won, adding to my losses. I don't care about the loss, but I do care it could have been avoided.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    0:6 so far with almost all matches ending in 2 mins. I just met a 11lvl widowmaker with 91% accuracy and 51 kills.

I guess im done with competitive :P
    Don't see how the level is relevant to anything Could have been a solid af player from another FPS. I wouldn't base your experience of ranked during the placement matches, these only really balance out perfectly base on your skill around game 8-9.

I can`t say i quite understand how this works entirely, we won the first two rounds so i imagined we would have won the entire match but it kept on going for several more rounds until people left which at that point we lost.
    It seems to me that five rounds is abit excessive and i doubt my previous experience will be a unique one unless they change it to three rounds for every map or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Long live Winston stacking.
    Wait, they didn't fix stacking heroes???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadKennedy View Post
    Why in gods name would they "fix" the core thing about the game?

Communities always take time to adapt and change. You think other games with ranked seasons didn't go through this issue in the past? Season 1 of almost every competitive game is a clusterfuck. Group up with friends who play, and go from there, don't try to solo join a ranked game. That's just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

If they stack one hero, you have the chance to counter them a lot easier than you think. Sure, some of them can be a real pain, but every hero has their weaknesses, you just need to exploit that.

Though I think to make it kinder, they need to limit it to 2 of the same Heroes per team. Stacking isn't too much of an issue, and it's certainly something you can overcome, but it also can cause issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Just finished my first placement game, which ended in a sudden death mainly due to my team's terrible composition against the other team:

Mine: Zarya, Hanzo, Lucio, Mercy, Soldier, Bastion
    vs.
    Their: Zarya, Rein, Mercy, Hanzo, Genji and Pharah. So we basically got curbstomped on defense.

Then we got attack on SD. Fuck. But we still managed to beat them in Overtime due to Zarya wreaking havoc with two good ults and just jumping in there with 100 energy and wiping their team.

Like any other mmr mode, the quality of you opponents is everything to your rating. If you go 7-3 but only won against people with lower mmr and lost against higher mmr oppenents your ranking wont go up, it might even drop. So if you go 5-5 and those lost are to people under you, you might not even break even, youll be dropping down. People just usually never want to face the fact most are worse then they think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    And in great, spectacular fashion, the Russian community has shown to be self-entitled even in this game. Join up with a group of Russians, they pick their useless mains that get countered and all leave. I really wish Europe got to play without them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    And in great, spectacular fashion, the Russian community has shown to be self-entitled even in this game. Join up with a group of Russians, they pick their useless mains that get countered and all leave. I really wish Europe got to play without them.
    Russians .. :P O well! Guess you will have more luck next game (if they keep this up they will be banned from seasons in a day or 2).

0-5 in a 4 man group
    4-1 solo queuing

>.<

Things went pretty well for me. I was always in a group of 4-6 people. In competitive I'm 4/3 currently. Finally a positive w/l ratio! People do at least type more. I don't know about using their mics since I was in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Wow. I'm loving competitive. It is truly fun constantly having people on your team telling the rest of your team how bad they all are. I laugh at least.
    There was a little bit of this, but no more than usual. I'm only 7 games in and still working on getting ranked so this could change. Met and friended some great people, sighed at some others.

The usual end of match "my team was awful lol" is still present.

I also had a stupid moment and thought that my level, now shown in a bronze box, was my rating. Oh well
    Last edited by Drakpower; 2016-06-29 at 12:48 PM.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Remember guys, the balancing/MMR will balance more and more after people start to get placed. It is like this in LoL in new seasons as well, total clusterfuck the first week, then it evens out.

Just stay away from ranked games the first week or so, then when things have settled down, queue up and get more balanced teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Here's how you fix it: swap to Reaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just had my third placement match. Me playing as Lucio (solo queue). Some player leaves our team for no apparent reason and we were still like 'We got this!'. Epic rally ensues. Team members switch to Zarya, Roadhog, 2 dps and I stay as Lucio. We win 3-2 in a koth match with a player down after our Zarya places an epic ult on the capture point in overtime where we murderfied the enemy team to get the final win with a team kill.

Best. Match. Ever.

Currently 3 wins/0 losses in competitive solo queue, all pretty good games and all pretty close to the wire. No stomps either way yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not doing great in my placement matches but /shrug I'm only playing in a premade of 2 so I can't expect much from other solo queue players. Nobody uses the ingame voice in these matches and people pick (and do horribly) Hanzo on offense and its just a clusterfuck. But I know placement matches are always shitshows from my experience with league of legends so I'll see how it goes once I'm placed. Not that I'm super good or anything but I hope I can be placed in 40-50s at least.

Deleted
    So, can you see who are partied with whom, or whether the enemy group is a premade, or something like that? Or was that just bullshit on Blizzard's part again.

I need more time to play Overwatch

Two placement matches so far, both close. But lost em. Man, I can see why everyone hates sudden death - why wouldn't they at least put you on some kind of even map?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played 5 games last night with a group of 4 and then a group of 6. I like it overall but sudden death is completely aids. Like, it's pretty much completely one sided in how in favors one side over the other.