Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 the "Wait for Vega10" remarks...... =P

Wow, fuck komplett.no. 500+ NOK pricejump over MSRP for no fucking reason.

Yeah it's 279-309e here too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Wow, fuck komplett.no. 500+ NOK pricejump over MSRP for no fucking reason.
    the sapphire card seems reasonably priced, 2299 dkk and the nok price translates to 2312 that was sort of the price i had expected for the 4gb version, but for the 8gb seems good to me

The RX480 will cost the same or even more than the GTX 970 in germany. Why the fuck do people fangasm over its price/performance when it's similar to the years old 970?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well so much for those close to 1070 results when overclocked.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    the sapphire card seems reasonably priced, 2299 dkk and the nok price translates to 2312 that was sort of the price i had expected for the 4gb version, but for the 8gb seems good to me
    I read 2600 earlier, but nevermind, it's 2900 NOK. For the 8GB model sure, but that's the lowest price and it's still amazingly ridiculous. It's only marginally cheaper than the GTX 970, if at all. I'm fairly sure Komplett.no jacked up the prices quite a lot here...

Very disappointed this was the best AMD could put out. It won't even be close to the 1070 unless it can OC like a beast. It would have to double performance though and that's not about to happen. Still, at half the price of the 1070, it performs where it should. I was really hoping for more though, since that was kinda what i thought AMD was going to do, bring out something really great for cheap. It's just what you would expect at that price range though.

Personally, I will still be waiting on Vega before making any purchases, since I generally make my PC purchases in Feb anyway, but it is looking like nVidia will continue to get my money, with 1070s likely being in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Very disappointed this was the best AMD could put out. It won't even be close to the 1070 unless it can OC like a beast. It would have to double performance though and that's not about to happen. Still, at half the price of the 1070, it performs where it should. I was really hoping for more though, since that was kinda what i thought AMD was going to do, bring out something really great for cheap. It's just what you would expect at that price range though.

Personally, I will still be waiting on Vega before making any purchases, since I generally make my PC purchases in Feb anyway, but it is looking like nVidia will continue to get my money, with 1070s likely being in my future.
    I just dont really see the logic with this card from AMD's side. Sure it's reasonably priced but when its performance is the same as nvidias last generation equivalent what was the point of this card? They could've just dropped the price on 390's

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-06/...x-480-test/12/

Lower voltage increases performance and lowers power usage by 55 Watt. Reference boards are shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    They could've just dropped the price on 390's
    They aren't producing the 300 series anymore. The 200 series was a much better choice than the 300 series, but once it was out of stock there was no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    https://www.computerbase.de/2016-06/...x-480-test/12/

Lower voltage increases performance and lowers power usage by 55 Watt. Reference boards are shit.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't producing the 300 series anymore. The 200 series was a much better choice than the 300 series, but once it was out of stock there was no other choice.
    So they just rehauled everything and gained....nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post

You are a goofy dude.

Same performance at about half the power consumption is nothing?

The 480 is half the size, so cheaper to produce. The only reason why you see good prices on the 300 and 900 series is due to stock cleaning. If those cards would actually still be in production with no competition the price would not be as low. Some cards are as low as 50% of their launch price.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Same performance at about half the power consumption is nothing?
    Gtx 970 released two years ago bub..

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Gtx 970 released two years ago bub..
    That wasn't the question though. Still, it's about €70 cheaper than a 970.

I understand its currently cheaper than a 970, so if you NEED a graphics card in the next month the 480 is a good buy. But if you can wait it out, smart money is on 1060 being a better graphics card.

I just dont really see the logic with this card from AMD's side. Sure it's reasonably priced but when its performance is the same as nvidias last generation equivalent what was the point of this card? They could've just dropped the price on 390's
    But it's not equivilent to nvidias last gen equivilent. The R9 x80s normally compete with the GTX x60s. It blows a GTX 960 out of the water. Just as it will compete with the 1060. Also, just dropping the price on 390s wouldn't have helped with the fact that AMD cards drew a lot more power. It draws far less power now, and the 300 series, since it was really nothing new since the 7xxx series, was pretty much at the top of it's OCing potential. The 480 should OC much better.

The 4GB version is a really good deal especially when compared to the 970 which has less than that. The only problem is that you can't buy partner boards right now. I can see this card actually doing well with decent cooling (which the current design doesn't have).

Deleted
    Bloody hell....

How on earth is it not good that the 480 performs at the same level as a 970/390?

The 480 is the successor of the 380. The 380 is an entire different price/performance bracket. AMD just made 970/390 performance for 199-230 bucks (reference design). How is that a bad thing.
    Meanwhile, Nvidia put out the 1070 which performs the same as a 980ti, but that does not seem to be a major problem...

Anyway, I am a tiny bit dissapointed. I do hope custom coolers can give it an edge over the 970/390. But I am def not expecting miracles