Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/wing5wong/v/75188748?t=01m03s

Wrath -> LS -> SF - > MF -> StFl -> Moon

quickly made another with starfall, the curtain effect is really nice.

https://www.twitch.tv/wing5wong/v/75189108

Art team doing a good job here with spells.

MF/SF have little swirls around them now, cant say ive noticed it before - and SF has a nice sparkle along the beam path too
    Something is definitely up with stellar flare though. not sure why the effect starts so low down. I like how it persists for a while though.
    Thank you so much for this! I like the new LS. I'd love for New and Half Moon to become something... more... anything? That tiny projectile seems underwhelming even for New Moon (let alone Half) to me... I'm really hoping for FoE to have the shiny stars art along it's beam or at the bottom around its targets! Without testing the spec and after all that I've read here, the celestial starry theme of the spec will turn out to be the main reason I'm sticking to the spec after all...

Has anyone come up with an optimal way to fill out your artifact power weapon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Has anyone come up with an optimal way to fill out your artifact power weapon yet?
    I will do this http://imgur.com/BXlOVgZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdidum View Post
    It is a very bad idea in my opinion. You need 121070AP to reach the second big trait and you hardly have time to get as much before the release of the mythical raids.

My version
    1. 5500AP
    Spoiler: 

2. Save all before first mythical raid.
    3. If I have 90470 this route.
    Spoiler: 

4. If I have not
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Owlkin; 2016-06-29 at 12:44 PM.

You will reach 120k very easly before the raid opens

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/wing5wong/v/75188748?t=01m03s
    Art team doing a good job here with spells.
    So atleast we got that going for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdidum View Post
    You will reach 120k very easly before the raid opens
    It depends on when the first raid begins.
    In any case, better to take two large trait and only after that are getting all of the rest.

Has FoE been buffed to the point that I can use it single target and it still be an increase over PoG, Moon and stars, & 6% extra ss crit (artifact talents i have) or we still dumping it on trash and bosses with prio adds only?

In raid testing I always feel the need to go fury due to certain fight points where priority adds spawn and it really just comes down to what im picking in 75 and 90. I just picked up the belt that gives 50% extra damage over 90% hp. Ive been taking AC for most runs and just super bursting bosses with dots into triple moon and 1xwrath, double SS, WoE double lunar, 1xwrath, AC double SS. If i have CA and lust i just kinda vomit on the boss with 400-500k burst and the belt does like 1-2mil extra damage.

Been fucking around with soul for some runs. I really prefer soul when I dont end up using FoE on bosses. Incarn and FoE just feel alot stronger together because most times FoE lasts past the CA duration if im trying to line them up for a strong add burst.
    @Cyous What are you doing with guardian affinity. I kept trying it in a DHT +6 and it felt super underwhelming. Is stellar flare mandatory with the guardian affinity talent for dungeons? They told me to stop gong bear form and fucking kill the adds and i ended up doing more dps starfalling and lunar striking adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Borawa View Post
    I just picked up the belt that gives 50% extra damage over 90% hp.
    Where did you get it?

I have a mechanical Question regarding MoonSpells, FoE and Starfall.

1.Do the Moonspells get Haste benfits-->shorter cast durations?

2.How does Haste currently work with FoE ? Still is faster, but consumes more Ap on the way-->ergo no "real" skalling

3.And finaly Starfall : If i remember correctly the durartion stays at max but the Stars fall faster?

Thanks for the crarifications.

MoonMoon scales normally with haste, FoE is effectively neutral in the way you note, and Starfall has been both, but AFAIK it's currently fixed number of ticks with scaling duration.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    MoonMoon scales normally with haste, FoE is effectively neutral in the way you note, and Starfall has been both, but AFAIK it's currently fixed number of ticks with scaling duration.
    Try to use FoE on Chromatic anomaly during speed buff. It instantly burns all the energy. The higher haste you have the harder it is to use FoE to the maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    Try to use FoE on Chromatic anomaly during speed buff. It instantly burns all the energy. The higher haste you have the harder it is to use FoE to the maximum.
    Well, it theoretically scales neutrally until the GCD cap. Then it scales negatively.

From a gearing perspective, FoE is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, it theoretically scales neutrally until the GCD cap. Then it scales negatively.

From a gearing perspective, FoE is terrible.
    So our new fun mechanical Lv100 talent will perform worse when we hit high levels of haste (our best stat) and when used with Lust/Hero? That sounds like it needs some tweaking. I feel like the damage itself shouldn't scale with haste - haste lets us keep it up longer with more Wrath spamming.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything, haste should reduce the Astral power cost/drain.

Not particularly fond of Stellar Flare. We have too many sky beams already. Lunar Strike's fine, although I wish it was thicker.

I'm only mostly impressed with the new Starfall, although I wish we used the starfall missile size that Mylune (the dryad) gets in the Guardian artifact quest.

As far as spell animations go, balance druid is pretty muted compared to my shaman who's shooting out earth spikes, with thunder strikes above the target when I shoot lightning bolt at them and red globs of lava.

---

Hell, elemental shaman's maelstrom alongside their overload double proc just feels like a superior version of our astral power. I generate maelstrom so much faster than I do astral power on my druid, and my hardhitting lava burst is a maelstrom generator instead of a spender.

My problem with balance druid is I can't even fill a full action bar slot now, whereas as soon as I swapped to mage and warlock and even shaman, I could take up 1 action bar for rotational abilities and another for utilities.

Balance druids feel really bareboned. You got 2 dots with little rotational interaction who are virtually copies of each other, Solar Wrath, occassionally Lunar Strike, and Starsurge.

Starfall replaces Starsurge and vice versa depending on situation, and my Starfall is not doing more damage than the AoE I'm putting out with my arcane or fire mage or Destruction warlock.

The dots themselves feel weak. You gain 3 pitiful asp for a single dot whereas my shadow priest gets more of his resource for applying his, and with Voidform shadow priests essentially gain Nature's Balance built in for free via Voidbolt.

I think I'll pass on balance druid this xpac if it goes live this bland with such terrible talents, particularly at the lv100 and affinity rows.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-06-29 at 05:22 PM.

I'm passing on balance druid also if shit isnt drastic changed in the live prepatch.
    The stuff regarding Fury of Elune tipped the scale for me.

R.i.P Balance Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand spells that continually drain a resource to gain power. Fury Elune doesn't even do that, it just drains resource to stay active. What the hell? I really, really do not like this spell at all. And if it happens to be the best 100 talent for more than not, I will have to bench the Balance Druid also.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    I can't stand spells that continually drain a resource to gain power. Fury Elune doesn't even do that, it just drains resource to stay active. What the hell? I really, really do not like this spell at all. And if it happens to be the best 100 talent for more than not, I will have to bench the Balance Druid also.
    Well to be honest, I like having a spell like Fury of Elune, but as you stated, there is no gain having it up a longer time like alot of other spells.
    And yes I dont know the exact scaling and %power they have but still.

And what alot of people have noticed and complained about is how quick Fury of Elune eats your astral power at higher haste ratings. It bothers me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Yeah I hate FoE, I find spells like it to be fairly boring. What makes it worse is that the other 2 talent choices are so underwhelming.