10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Partly Universal's own fault.
    Mostly Universal's own fault I would say, even though Legendary isn't utterly innocent in this either (they still tried, at least).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Current plans for home release do not include an extended edition/director's cut. Keep praying guys!

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/28/...directors-cut/

If they used better cast than USA/Canada TV actors and quality props (not something made with a 3D printer) the movie would be better. People tend to overlook the script idiocy even on WARCRAFT-level if the picture is good. Make things that make sense. Make your tailor to fit the clothes so the king weren't looking like a clown with a toy crown. Why build huge and expensive sets if you have nothing good to fill them with?

There is not a single negative review that blames marketing. They blame wooden acting, plot holes, and any lack of CGI/live action coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's time in the mainstream view ended quite some time ago here in the 'States; it was featured on all the big pop culture shows such as Simpsons, Southpark, Big Bang Theory and so forth. That was back in 2010-2011ish. Then Minecraft officially released, and that replaced WoW as the pop-culture game to talk about.

Warcraft movie is simply five years too late to capitalize on it's American popularity. Doesn't help that the Hobbit trilogy has exhausted moviegoers of the idea of "CGI fantasy films".
    Too late cannot be broken down to a number so saying it won't mean much.

Again, Universal screwed it up, it might have been a success years ago but in 2016 it could at least been a decent box office film

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    If they used better cast than USA/Canada TV actors and quality props (not something made with a 3D printer) the movie would be better. People tend to overlook the script idiocy even on WARCRAFT-level if the picture is good. Make things that make sense. Make your tailor to fit the clothes so the king weren't looking like a clown with a toy crown. Why build huge and expensive sets if you have nothing good to fill them with?

There is not a single negative review that blames marketing. They blame wooden acting, plot holes, and any lack of CGI/live action coordination.
    Lol at you 3D Printer Props?

The 3D printer tech is used widely and considered future technology.

They hired WETA the leading force behind their props...... Props are not a main problem!!

You are just nitpicking, camripguy, I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Mostly Universal's own fault I would say, even though Legendary isn't utterly innocent in this either (they still tried, at least).
    Lol yeah, Video game adaptations are a problem genre, not all movies have to be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Current plans for home release do not include an extended edition/director's cut. Keep praying guys!

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/28/...directors-cut/
    This is old news, and not really relevant. The guy is asking if the DVDs coming out in October will have a director's cut, not if there will eventually be one or not.

They hired WETA the leading force behind their props. Props are not a main problem!!
    I thought WETA was making armor and weapons. My only issue with armor is an unexplainable lack of insignia, but I don't think it would matter to the general audience.

I posted an actual fake prop on the page 1041.

I thought WETA was making armor and weapons. My only issue with armor is an unexplainable lack of insignia, but I don't think it would matter to the general audience.

I posted an actual fake prop on the page 1041.
    they did props like the Alliance mailbox, the Bulletinboard with the Hogger posters......

Deleted
    they did props like the Alliance mailbox, the Bulletinboard with the Hogger posters......
    They did all the Alliance related stuff, including armor, weapons, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    They did all the Alliance related stuff, including armor, weapons, and so on.
    Idk who did the Orcish leather armor, must have been them as wll

Deleted
    Idk who did the Orcish leather armor, must have been them as wll
    Nope, wasn't them. Weta did Alliance stuff, some other studio did the Horde stuff.

In medieval times, no way.
    yes... medieval times.

medieval times.

medieval times.

medieval times

very medieval
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    very medieval
    Not related to Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    That's a copout excuse. The main thing was marketing was shitty as hell. If marketing was good the movie would've broken 480-500 million by now.
    I wouldn't call it a copout excuse. Yes, I agree (as I have said before) that completely bungling the marketing is the bigger problem, but that doesn't make the other point invalid. Its pretty fair to say that the fact that, at least in general pop culture, Warcraft missed its peak by several years and that was a factor (again not the primary factor but its still a factor) in the movie's ambivalent reception. Its hard to get traction for a movie when you continuously go out of your way to mess up the execution.

They really should just change the title to "Warcraft: Missed Opportunity".

What are you talking about?! World of Warcraft is most definitely related to the Warcraft Universe. It's pretty clearly in the name. And EVEN if you disregard WoW, do you know ANYTHING about the Warcraft games? There are gyrocopters, siege tanks, blunderbusses, mortar units, zeppelins and more in them. Are you being intentionally stupid right now?

I will give you 10 bucks if you are too poor to watch a movie in theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    I already made a post in which I explained why the chances for a sequel are higher than you think
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2016)/page1037
    And I told you why I think it's a harder sell than you want to realize. It is all about money and if they don't make enough. Any chance of a sequel will be hard to sell at that point. It simply has to make more money than it has as their not in the business to just scrap by with a few million split between so many that got behind the movie in the first place. They all want their cut.

So all that you quoted in that post means nothing if the overall profit of the movie isn't big enough. The grand total has to be high or selling the idea of a second movies gets rather hard to do. That doesn't mean it can't get a sequel, Doesn't mean China can't produce it themselves or a sequel with a smaller budget in the hopes of a better ROI but then the movie itself would likely suffer for that move.

They didn't make enough to get a DC DVD as of yet. A sequel is indeed a hard sell as of the current numbers.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-29 at 01:53 PM.

In medieval times, no way.
    In medieval times where dwarfs can build guns and gnomes exist too and they have technique stuff that is way to far for medieval times..

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    They didn't make enough to get a DC DVD as of yet
    Duncan himself have said he doesn't know yet, its still too early to tell, especially since the movie has yet to premiere in some countries. We are all too quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Warcraft missed its peak by several years and that was a factor (again not the primary factor but its still a factor) in the movie's ambivalent reception.
    That's hardly a factor. Why? Because WoW was indeed more ingrained in the general pop culture but for all the wrong reasons. For your random moviegoer WoW was just that highly addictive game for absolute nerds and weirdos, the kind of stuff you had to stay miles away from. Every "pop culture" reference was enlighiting that, the way WoW was and how it was "famous" for being an addictive game, nothing in regards of the lore, story, characters and anything able to actually attract people to see a movie about it. Yeah, it could have pulled a handful of curious dudes but when there's money to spend most people will not waste it on something like that, especially if the marketing would have been on the same level of the one we got.

There's no "missed opportunity" unless you want to be really delusional. This is, by all means, the best situation we could have got, even though is far from being the ideal one. The alternatives look twice as jarring. The sooner people accept it the sooner will come in terms with it.

There was only a way to make it a bit better, you only needed Universal to not phone this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Duncan himself have said he doesn't know yet, its still too early to tell, especially since the movie has yet to premiere in some countries. We are all too quickly
    Quras' point is hollow regardless because Director's Cut =/= Extended Edition. The first always takes a considerable amount of time to be released or even be taken in consideration, so the current financial situation matters relatively. How much the first DVD will sell will most likely decide that.

However, there's still hope for an Extended Edition.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-06-29 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Probably so but with the drop it's showing thats fairly telling to the outcome at this point.

If anyone was in the know, it should be jones and he doesn't know anything except we are getting a DVD with some extra scenes. Thats holding up to his statement that if they get enough money we get a DC. So they haven't got enough in their planning as of now and I'd wager that includes more pay steams then even we know.

Not anything to bet the farm on but enough to make a fairly good estimate they are not out of the red yet and back to the point I was making. A sequel would indeed be a hard sell. It just hasn't done well enough and their not in the business to scrap by on a few million.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-29 at 02:26 PM.