Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The 480 should OC much better.
    Wait for results with better cooling. We can't judge the current cards OC potential when there is thermal throttling and lowering voltage can actually improve performance.

Its all about expectations zeara. It is a good deal CURRENTLY, but who in their right mind would buy this card with a 1060 on the horizon. I mean shit, ive seen 390's on sale for 200 dollars in the past couple months and they are FASTER than the 480 (which are currently 250 bucks cause 4gb is not on sale apparently)

AMD is legit dead to me, i drank the kool aid and regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A XFX guy told us that it would be around 390 performance months ago when he asked some sub-reddit if people would be willing to pay extra for a WC card even if it didn't make any sense. Hue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I mean shit, ive seen 390's on sale for 200 dollars in the past couple months and they are FASTER than the 480 (which are currently 250 bucks cause 4gb is not on sale apparently)
    Will you be able to buy a 300 series card in 6 months? You will certainly be able to buy a 400 series card.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Because I admit when I was wrong?
    No because the way you admitted it lmao. Would you like i quote your crazy predictions? You know what forget it, im too disappointed in todays release to care about you or your insanity.

Deleted
    Its all about expectations zeara. It is a good deal CURRENTLY, but who in their right mind would buy this card with a 1060 on the horizon. I mean shit, ive seen 390's on sale for 200 dollars in the past couple months and they are FASTER than the 480 (which are currently 250 bucks cause 4gb is not on sale apparently)

Your expectations were to high then. I admit, I expected a bit more out of it as well.

We don't know shit about the 1060 at the moment. I could probably guess it will be worse than the 480 in DX12 games. And also, remember these are launchprices. I do think prices will go down in a few weeks.

Ya i have no excuse i drank the kool aid, i fully expected this to be a 980 competitor and it barely competes with the 970. Ill be waiting a couple months for the crazy pascal hype to die down and pick up an aftermarket 1070 for MSRP.

Also anyone wanna buy an AMD based HTPC for less than cost, i dont even want AMD in my house lol.

Deleted
    Now you are just overreacting...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I just dont really see the logic with this card from AMD's side. Sure it's reasonably priced but when its performance is the same as nvidias last generation equivalent what was the point of this card? They could've just dropped the price on 390's
    The point is good performance for cheap. For $200 you can get a good performing card that is "VR Ready". The only other card that match's its performance is nearly $200 more and at that point just get a 1070.

This is a great Mid-Range video card and the majority of PC gamer's use Mid-Range. Only a small percent go high end on video cards.

Want to build a cheap $500-$600 gaming PC then you got a great $200 video card to get.

The price bracket this card is in can't be beat and really if your going to spend more just go for a 1070.

- - - Updated - - -

Until we know the performance/price of the 1060 we can't really compare it to the RX 480.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

See thats absurd logic, i HATE when people do that. OF COURSE we knew it was a VR capable GPU that was said at the AMD event, but its not an impressive gaming card for 199.00 (which BTW arent even available yet, only the worthless 240 dollar 8 gig models). AMD fans never understand the big picture, they are monday morning quarterbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    People calling the RX480 a 970 equivalent is weird. As far as I remember the 970 launched with a 50% higher price. And has a 398mm² GPU.
    The RX480's GPU is only 232mm².

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The point is good performance for cheap. For $200 you can get a good performing card that is "VR Ready". The only other card that match's its performance is nearly $200 more and at that point just get a 1070.

This is a great Mid-Range video card and the majority of PC gamer's use Mid-Range. Only a small percent go high end on video cards.

Want to build a cheap $500-$600 gaming PC then you got a great $200 video card to get.

The price bracket this card is in can't be beat and really if your going to spend more just go for a 1070.

- - - Updated - - -

Until we know the performance/price of the 1060 we can't really compare it to the RX 480.
    Dude....its gonna be cut down pascal of COURSE its gonna beat what AMD put out today.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because the way you admitted it lmao. Would you like i quote your crazy predictions? You know what forget it, im too disappointed in todays release to care about you or your insanity.
    Word, I remember all that clown show with AMD ravings.

In the end we got nothing, it's literally 390 and even same price. Heck, due to hype you can buy oced 390 with proper cooler for less than this hunk of junk.

Basically anyone who wanted 480 performance already has it with 390/290s pretty much at literally at the same cost.

Epic failure, I bet it will be complete once 1060 comes out and smears 480 shit on a wall.

See thats absurd logic, i HATE when people do that. OF COURSE we knew it was a VR capable GPU that was said at the AMD event, but its not an impressive gaming card for 199.00 (which BTW arent even available yet, only the worthless 240 dollar 8 gig models). AMD fans never understand the big picture, they are monday morning quarterbacks.
    No its you who are clearly not seeing the big picture. Its a $200 video card that performs equal to if not sometimes better then a 970 and cost $140+ less.

Not everyone go's out and spends $300+ on a video card. That is why its performance is great for the bracket its in. The difference (as proven in my videos above) between the 8gig and 4gig is small.

If you are building a gaming PC on a budget your not going to drop 3/4 of your budget on a GTX 1070. This is a great budget card for those who are building on a budget.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-06-29 at 02:31 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    People calling the RX480 a 970 equivalent is weird. As far as I remember the 970 launched with a 50% higher price. And has a 398mm² GPU.
    970 came out 2 years ago broski, of course the process has come down.

Dude....its gonna be cut down pascal of COURSE its gonna beat what AMD put out today.
    Never said it wouldn't beat what AMD has put out today. I said we don't know the price or performance of it.

The 1060 could come out and be a $300-$350 video card. That does NOT beat the RX 480 because its not in the same price bracket.

The RX 480 is a great budget gaming video card and is VR ready. If you are trying to build a cheap PC for VR or mid-range gaming you will get the RX 480.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I'm calling it that because at this moment 480 is fighting with 970 in price/performance. And 480 is supposed to be a generation ahead of nvidia. The prices on 480 are 279-319 euros here at the moment.

I understand its currently cheaper than a 970, so if you NEED a graphics card in the next month the 480 is a good buy. But if you can wait it out, smart money is on 1060 being a better graphics card.
    Might be better, might also be worse. Price will be the most important aspect of the 1060.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No its you who are clearly not seeing the bitch picture. Its a $200 video card that performs equal to if not sometimes better then a 970 and cost $140+ less.

Not everyone go's out and spends $300+ on a video card. That is why its performance is great for the bracket its in. The difference (as proven in my videos above) between the 8gig and 4gig is small.

If you are building a gaming PC on a budget your not going to drop 3/4 of your budget on a GTX 1070. This is a great budget card for those who are building on a budget.
    No, YOU dont get it. Ive NEVER spent more than 200 bucks on a GPU, in fact ive never spent more than 135 dollars (used 760). Its a good card for a month, 1060 is gonna be a faster card with similar or less power consumption. Nvidia is so freaking far ahead of AMD i actually am mad at myself in believing AMD could even come out with a good budget card. Ugh.