Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two man queue, won the first 3 placement matches but due to the length of Competitive didn't play more last night. It was fun, felt a lot less toxic off the bat, and generally seemed like a more enjoyable time. I'm not sure how I'll feel once I start losing and it is lowering my rank, but fortunately I'm only playing ranked to have better teams and to earn points for the seasonal rewards, so I guess I won't be too fussed about my rank.

Good times. So long QM, you won't be missed.

PS: Overtime + Sudden Death is the most intense and most terrible experience in the game. We won, but if I was on the other team I would have been throwing my monitor out the 3rd floor window.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, can you see who are partied with whom, or whether the enemy group is a premade, or something like that? Or was that just bullshit on Blizzard's part again.
    Yes, before the match starts there is a little white bracket around players who are grouped together on both teams, if there are any.

Edit: Found a screenshot. On the left, the green is your party, the white is another 2-man party, no parties on the other team.

Last edited by Snackpack; 2016-06-29 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only beef with the placement matches is that they shouldn't allow grouping for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Yes, before the match starts there is a little white bracket around players who are grouped together on both teams, if there are any. I can't find a screenshot right now but maybe someone else has one.
    OK good. Should add that to quick matches as well IMO.

Like, it's not that hard to make Sudden Death fair, just swap to a different map for that stage, one of the control point ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like, it's not that hard to make Sudden Death fair, just swap to a different map for that stage, one of the control point ones...
    Exactly.. I don't see why they didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Exactly.. I don't see why they didn't do that.
    Is it because they don't want to put you through another loading screen? It's... totally worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    My only beef with the placement matches is that they shouldn't allow grouping for them.
    They don't allow you to group queue if your rating is too far apart. So if you solo queue and your friend wins all games, but you lose all games...You just can't play with your friend. That would be idiotic.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's how they used to do it! I don't know why they changed it, it's so weird.
    Because 'people' complained about being thrown into a completely different map for sudden death and how it 'didn't feel right'.

This just reinforces my belief that 'people' are stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They said a while ago that they will be changing sudden death. They just won't have the changes ready for this first short season.

Went into my first placement match a little while ago, Obliterated the team in the first round(Defending) then 4 of the team left somehow on the next round and there was no safe net for that, no pause game for any dc'ers to reconnect (if they dc'd in the first place), no filling up the vacant spots, nothing! Just losing a match because of such a system that does not allow for any compensation if your team just straight out leaves in the middle of the match. Not too excited about it at the moment to be honest.

Deleted
    What's this placement... 8 wins 2 loses and got to rank 56

Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    It's not only W/L based. There are a lot of factors.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    That sounds about right. It's also factoring in your personal skill and contributions to games. I think some people have gone 10-0 and are only 60-70

Placement matches have been terrible. lost 6 games, got stomped. won 4 games, stomped them. So basically your initial ranking is based on pure RNG since personal performance doesn't count for shit.
    Also: Remove sudden death. its just a coin flip 50/50 chance whether you win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Placement matches have been terrible. lost 6 games, got stomped. won 4 games, stomped them. So basically your initial ranking is based on pure RNG since personal performance doesn't count for shit.
    Also: Remove sudden death. its just a coin flip 50/50 chance whether you win or lose.
    They are removing Sudden Death, just not for this season. This season will only be a month and a half or so.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What a weird reason.
    The full reasoning was:

Why put me in a different map and game mode when we tied on another map.
    We could just play the KoTH game and skip everything else.

This was coming from games that had a very very higher % of drawing so most games would be fought over on the KoTH map.

Hope that makes it a bit more clear :P

15+ Year Old Account
    This couldn't have come any sooner. Now I feel there's a reason to play again. I was starting to get burned out.

6-4 myself. 6 games were solo. Went 2-4 solo, 4-0 with a friend. Ranked 51. So I'm right where I assumed, average.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I started my ranked games at 49 and I just played 3 games with 2 losses and 1 win.
    The problem is that those 2 losses dropped me a whole level each and my win gained me 1/8th of a level so I'm not sure if I really have to win 8 games for every loss just to break even or if something is wrong.

Does anyone have any idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A1CZERO View Post
    I started my ranked games at 49 and I just played 3 games with 2 losses and 1 win.
    The problem is that those 2 losses dropped me a whole level each and my win gained me 1/8th of a level so I'm not sure if I really have to win 8 games for every loss just to break even or if something is wrong.

Does anyone have any idea?
    There's a ton of factors in play, but what likely happened is that the people you were playing were worse than you, but still managed a win. That usually results in a huge swing in MMR
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.