Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    Thats it for me, if this is not reverted I will not be playing Legion. If I have to sacrifice my gameplay because they think they know what is best for me. I'm out
    How dare they ever change gameplay!

Well this is going to be seriously annoying for guild screenshots of kills.

Quote Originally Posted by samwel93 View Post
    This change really confuses me because this didn't hurt anyone and it helped a lot of people. There was literally no benefit to removing it and there are many downsides. Honestly this entire options pruning is the most baffling thing I've ever seen done in a video game. I can't think of a single legitimate reason for it.
    Cost cutting. Pure and simple. Less options, less chances for bugs and other issues = less dev time.

Activision told Blizzard to cut their costs (no, this hasn't been officially said nor can it, but its quite obvious with the direction of Blizzards games lately.).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    How dare they ever change gameplay!
    go away, troll.

Infracted: Don't call people trolls [ML]
    Last edited by Bun-Bun; 2016-06-29 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    Cost cutting.
    I think you're the troll here.

Emotionally charged, hyperbolic buzzwords/phrases in these arguments help no one.
    Blizzard isn't "telling you what to do" or "telling you whats best for you". They're developing a game.

Go through these posts one by one and notice the trend - The same phrases, the same arguments, the same issues raised by prominent 'preachers' on twitch and youtube. The difference is these streamers are thinking and open minded. What gets spouted on forums is mindless drivel regurgitated from these online 'idols' who suddenly speak for everyone.

Is there an issue with the current distance - yes.
    Is it as bad as you try make it out to be, certainly not.

(inb4 opinion, not fact)

Infracted: Don't call people out as trolls. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-06-29 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    I think you're the troll here.

Emotionally charged, hyperbolic buzzwords/phrases in these arguments help no one.
    Blizzard isn't "telling you what to do" or "telling you whats best for you". They're developing a game.

Go through these posts one by one and notice the trend - The same phrases, the same arguments, the same issues raised by prominent 'preachers' on twitch and youtube. The difference is these streamers are thinking and open minded. What gets spouted on forums is mindless drivel regurgitated from these online 'idols' who suddenly speak for everyone.

Is there an issue with the current distance - yes.
    Is it as bad as you try make it out to be, certainly not.

(inb4 opinion, not fact)
    There you go putting words in my mouth again.

So rethink your first statement there, and the rest of the post actually.

While not happy about the change, I see what they are going for. Personally I didn't start using max camera zoom features until around the end (ICC) of Wrath (started in Wrath Naxx content), and there is a feeling of disconnect where the bosses do not seem to be as massive and intimidating as they are compared to your character. I remember all the story's of "leg boss" from BC and the feeling of Patchwerk and Thaddius in Naxx; however, I also understand that the max zoom is a huge benefit, especially for hardcore raiders to see incoming threats. Things like the creeping swamp in Highmaul, snaking fire from Twin Ogrons, picking up adds that spawn in various places on Furnace. Not even mentioning that as massive as Blizzard designs bosses now, most players won't even see anything past chest height on most of them anymore once pulled.
    Again, I see what they want to do, but I in no way agree with it and think it's a completely bad decision from a dungeon/raiders perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    While not happy about the change, I see what they are going for. Personally I didn't start using max camera zoom features until around the end (ICC) of Wrath (started in Wrath Naxx content), and there is a feeling of disconnect where the bosses do not seem to be as massive and intimidating as they are compared to your character. I remember all the story's of "leg boss" from BC and the feeling of Patchwerk and Thaddius in Naxx; however, I also understand that the max zoom is a huge benefit, especially for hardcore raiders to see incoming threats. Things like the creeping swamp in Highmaul, snaking fire from Twin Ogrons, picking up adds that spawn in various places on Furnace. Not even mentioning that as massive as Blizzard designs bosses now, most players won't even see anything past chest height on most of them anymore once pulled.
    Again, I see what they want to do, but I in no way agree with it and think it's a completely bad decision from a dungeon/raiders perspective.
    You see what they are going for? I see Blizzard say they don't want to inconvenience players and remove choice and yet thats all they do. It's as if they don't think these things through fully. "Oh the players are going to hate this change, lets do it anyway instead of focusing on the many other things they would actually like us to do"

I get from a developers stand point you can't give the players everything they want, thats not how it works. But this is getting out of hand.

blizzard never learns. removing choice and options is never the best route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Not my screenie but here is a screen shot of what large bosses will look like now that max zoom is disabled.

http://i.imgur.com/CbTqPpC.jpg
    Look at the gams on that boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I know, but I didn't need the extra validation. Thanks anyways. I don't really think either of us are talking about the same thing, so there's nothing to say to you further. Good luck on your future efforts to 'prove' things.

I try not to hop on conspiracy bandwagons, but jokingly maybe this is their attempt to save art time by not needing to make anything beyond boss leg models. Maybe Ragnaros went on a crusade about all Dem legs and feet. Who knows? But seriously I agree with your opinion.
    For some weird reason this reminds me of an old game I played called JP lost world there was a level there with giant brachiosaurus. the level it self was zoomed in (because you where playing a small dino) you could see legs,neck/head and tail. so back then being young and all i wanted to see the whole model so i started jumping and found out the models where not even complete they where just legs and a head/neck and tail part no body at all XD crude wake up call.

but that would be really sad imo if blizz ended up only rendering parts you where able to see just and the zoom limitations is actually aiding them in that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cost cutting. Pure and simple. Less options, less chances for bugs and other issues = less dev time.

Activision told Blizzard to cut their costs (no, this hasn't been officially said nor can it, but its quite obvious with the direction of Blizzards games lately.).

- - - Updated - - -

go away, troll.

Infracted: Don't call people trolls [ML]
    You do know Activision doesn't control Blizzard, right? People really need to let that shit go. Just like LFR, etc are ruining the game with no facts or information to back those arguments up. It gets pretty fucking silly after awhile.

Also, boo fucking hoo, can't zoom out to rts scale anymore, have fun in whatever other game you go to that doesn't allow you to do that either. I play 3 other MMOs and you can't do that in them. Pretty fucking pathetic to quit over something so unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post

but that would be really sad imo if blizz ended up only rendering parts you where able to see just and the zoom limitations is actually aiding them in that...
    Too bad you can pan the camera around and look at things.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You do know Activision doesn't control Blizzard, right?
    You're living in a bubble my friend.

No Activision does not directly control what Blizzard does, but Activision has indirect control over everything Blizzard does.

At the end of the day, Blizzard answers to Activision. There is no way you or anyone else can dispute that.

Made my own screenshots for you guys

Live with console command zoom
    https://i.imgur.com/g4R9e5a.jpg

PTR with max zoom
    https://i.imgur.com/7f9dqbq.jpg

MFW I'm told I won't notice the difference

I disabled my addons on live so nothing would skew it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    Made my own screenshots for you guys

Live with console command zoom
    https://i.imgur.com/g4R9e5a.jpg

PTR with max zoom
    https://i.imgur.com/7f9dqbq.jpg

MFW I'm told I won't notice the difference
    Their screenshot is misleading. Remove the UI and everything looks "bigger to see". Your example is a perfect way to show how that was misleading.

You see what they are going for? I see Blizzard say they don't want to inconvenience players and remove choice and yet thats all they do. It's as if they don't think these things through fully. "Oh the players are going to hate this change, lets do it anyway instead of focusing on the many other things they would actually like us to do"

I get from a developers stand point you can't give the players everything they want, thats not how it works. But this is getting out of hand.
    People hate almost any change that ever happens...that's true for so much in life. Change upsets things, mixes them up, gets people out of their comfort zones. As in other posts, if there was never any changes people hated, we'd still be using talent trees like vanilla-wrath. There's still a choice concerning zoom, just not as great as it was before. As Ion even posted, most players went thru vanilla and Wrath and didn't even know about the console command, and they were fine playing that way.
    On the flip side though, as my last post stated, there are numerous mechanic changes and numerous mechanics themselves people need to look for compared to those days. The design of the game itself now is damn near made for the max camera as it is now on Live, and that alone will cause raiders and dungeon runners many problems. More now than it ever did back when people didn't know about the feature.

I didn't even knew the console command...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

Too bad you can pan the camera around and look at things.
    Panning only works to a certain extent especially if a boss is sitting in a relatively small room area. I am talking about panning up wards not top/down or to the right and left.

I remember a while back when I was still raiding there where some rooms even if you zoomed when panning you ended up looking at a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Panning only works to a certain extent especially if a boss is sitting in a relatively small room area. I am talking about panning up wards not top/down or to the right and left.

I remember a while back when I was still raiding there where some rooms even if you zoomed when panning you ended up looking at a wall.
    Excessive panning (in any direction) is also cause for eye strain/headaches/migraines in a lot of players.

I don't zoom out more than what the options allow me to so this does not affect me in any way.

Ok, SO?! It's just a camera change, who cares?! I'm on beta right now and I feel perfectly fine. It makes the world look more big and menacing. I just feel like sometime people complain just to complain. It's not even a big change, it's not tuning your class, it's not restricting people to do LFR as a requirement, it's just making the world look more dangerous, THAT'S FINAL! And if you have a problem with it, then WoW is not your game, that's it.