Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not carrying over. And you won't be able to keep up with 10 different artifacts without putting an immense amount of time into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Assuming there is going to be another expansion.

Have you prepared for the possibility that this is the last Expansion?
    Please explain the thought process here. The game makes a billion dollars a year, yet you think they're gonna stop making it? Please, I need to hear this explanation. Cause i know it will be some asinine blubbering nonsense
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You have no basis for this since Blizzard have contradicted themselves on the matter and admitted they aren't sure themselves yet on what will happen to them.
    Admittedly, Blizzard isn't known for their stability on their decisions.

For the time being, Blizzard did say that this artifact won't move with us to the next expansion. Something having to do with its leveling tree or something.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Well until we hear otherwise I am doing the bare minimum on secondary characters to get the weapon and that's it.

It would feel like such a slap in the face if the artifact weapon didn't keep going AFTER Legion. I understand replacing gear each expansion, but this is going to be the ONLY weapon all expansion and there simply won't be time for most players to level all the specs on all their characters.

It's EQ AA points all over again

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Just wondering how much time I want to invest in multiple chars or multiple specs.

If the artifact weapons are irrelevant AFTER Legion I don't think the time investment will be worth trying to max it out on many characters.

However, if the weapons continue to advance past Legion it might be worth doing for multiple chars
    By that logic, why would you invest time in raiding / PvP if it becomes irrelevant after Legion?

Deleted
    I wonder if there are any plans for artifacts in patches. (More talents, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post

For the time being, Blizzard did say that this artifact won't move with us to the next expansion. Something having to do with its leveling tree or something.
    Actually, last time they mentioned it they flat-out said "we don't know yet". So for now, we have no idea what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I wonder if there are any plans for artifacts in patches. (More talents, etc)
    I would be very surprised if they didn't add further things to spend Artifact Power on later, whether in the form of more traits or more ranks for existing traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, last time they mentioned it they flat-out said "we don't know yet". So for now, we have no idea what's going to happen.
    Yeah. They often compare it to garrison - a one expansion thing. I think they meant that they didn't know if we'd keep it and "hang it on a wall" or literally lose it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Have you prepared for the rock solid fact companies don't kill off projects that are still shoveling in money.
    Seriously Everquest 1 is still getting expansions and its how old now? (up to its 22nd expac last November) They are not as large as wow expacs but still they are updates. WoW is going to be going on for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we ditch them after Legion I sure as hell hope there are better weapons lorewise because why in the world would you give up some of the most powerful artifacts in existence and trade them for random drops from enemies?

Yeah. They often compare it to garrison - a one expansion thing. I think they meant that they didn't know if we'd keep it and "hang it on a wall" or literally lose it.
    They could also come up with some story of them getting drained of their power and, say, re-empowered by Elune or what have you, essentially wiping your artifact progress and clearing the field for 8.0, but letting you still use the same weapon. Constantly switching between vastly differently built and balanced weapons is rather weird from a practical PoV.

Yeah the guy with dark hair and dark frame glasses said that last year's Blizzcon. Things changed. It all comes down to is data and feedback. how it did it work out, could it be improved.

The point is, no one knows how things are going to be after Legion. I do not see them talking about things after Legion at Blizzcon this year because the community will be playing Legion for a little over two months.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    I do not see them talking about things after Legion at Blizzcon this year because the community will be playing Legion for a little over two months.
    Probably not going to be a WoW focused BlizzCon this year, especially since they outright said 1 year expansions don't work, so we won't see the next one any time this year.

My guess is that either at the end of this expansion or beginning of next expansion the players will be drained of their powers somehow, something that will happen to "break" the weapons and that we will be weaker, which would match well with an item/stat squish.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Just wondering how much time I want to invest in multiple chars or multiple specs.

If the artifact weapons are irrelevant AFTER Legion I don't think the time investment will be worth trying to max it out on many characters.

However, if the weapons continue to advance past Legion it might be worth doing for multiple chars
    Gear resets are always a thing, and artifacts or no this won't change. Nothing you do in this xpac will affect your experience in the next beyond the first few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think their current plan is "we'll see what happens during Legion before deciding if or how the system continues forwards".

That said I think it's a safe assumption that individual artifact power progressions aren't going to matter overmuch in 8.0.
    Yeah, they're giving off a vibe of being mostly willing to toss the artifact weapons aside when Legion is done, but also a willingness to keep the artifact weapons if there's a large enough demand for them to go on after Legion.

If we do get to keep them after Legion, I fully expect that they'll be powered down and we'll have to build them back up again. And I don't know how much fun that'd be.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Yeah, they're giving off a vibe of being mostly willing to toss the artifact weapons aside when Legion is done, but also a willingness to keep the artifact weapons if there's a large enough demand for them to go on after Legion.

If we do get to keep them after Legion, I fully expect that they'll be powered down and we'll have to build them back up again. And I don't know how much fun that'd be.
    If they're gonna stay they will most likely make the current effects/abilities on them baseline, and then create new ones for the next xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as we can use the artifact appearances on any other weapon later then I don't really care if we get to use it or not

My guess is that they'll put your unlocked artifact appearances in the wardrobe, bake a few of the talents into your class toolkit and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    As if they'd end a game series with millions of subscribers.
    If its not making money, yes. Activision WILL end it.