Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh it's called The Legend of Zelda, why would the game be about her?....oh wait.

Seriously though, I'd rather see a spin-off dedicated to her story rather than just a gender-swapped game in the main timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really don't see the problem. Just make Link series with playable zelda.

So this?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I've played earlier ones and half of Ocarina of Time. My opinion is based on what I've played, not what you think of big titles.
    i've played nearly all of them, and to play none of the latest ones and give up on OoT you're not really much of a zelda fan why should we care what you think about how zelda is portrayed in the games when you don't even know? she's helpless in ALttP but who cares thats one of the best games ever made, if you're there going oh this is silly zelda is helpless, time to stop playing games start joining SJW clubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole problem was the dude saying that if Zelda was the main character, what would Link do?

As if somehow, these developers were inept mentally at thinking up a story or a reason for Link to do
    something other than being the main character for once. Its lazy, its full of bullshit, and it just shows that
    Japan is still 20 years behind on their gender views.

I mean, god forbid they try something else. We've only had the same exact concept for what, 30 years or
    so? Would it **really** be so bad if they did something different once?

Does this surprise anyone at all?

What they're saying is just that if it's a Legend of Zelda game, it will be focused around Link. That's not saying that there will never be games focused around Zelda or Linkle (not sure if she counts as link?) or Sheik, they're saying that the Legend of Zelda is always going to be focused around him.

This doesn't really mean a whole lot. They'll do what they want with the series, and I'd be willing to bet we'll eventually see more spinoffs.

Next people will want the super mario bro's to become the super maria sis's. Just because we're in an age of social justice warriors and being "pc". Doesn't mean artists and designers should have to cater to everyone. It's perfectly fine for them to have games with Zelda/Shiek, Princess Ruto, Impa, Linkle or Midna as the main character but the legend of zelda main series is about the "spirit of the hero" who's been set down in the lore of the story as a male reborn throughout history when the goddesses deemed necessary. Changing that to pander to critics would spit in the face of the loyal fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i've played nearly all of them, and to play none of the latest ones and give up on OoT you're not really much of a zelda fan why should we care what you think about how zelda is portrayed in the games when you don't even know? she's helpless in ALttP but who cares thats one of the best games ever made, if you're there going oh this is silly zelda is helpless, time to stop playing games start joining SJW clubs.
    Get over yourself, you sound like The Simpson's Comic Book Guy. I'm haven't been a fan since the original. You may think whatever is the best game but I makes no difference to me. I didn't like it and I don't care. I don't need to play every game to form valid opinions on what I have, nor do I need to study it academically. I bet you start every conversation with "I've been doing this since the 1960's and you must heed my authority!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really don't see the problem. Just make Link series with playable zelda.
    This is that mentality of having nothing exclusive that I hate so much. Art is art. If you do not like it do not purchase it but you do not dictate what the artist does.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What a sexist. Need some new development at Nintendo IMO. That shit don't fly in 2016 grandpa.
    Get lost. No one cares for your PC Bullhonky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    This is that mentality of having nothing exclusive that I hate so much. Art is art. If you do not like it do not purchase it but you do not dictate what the artist does.
    You realise that it was a joke ?

Get over yourself,
    You first. Even casual fans of the series have experienced more than you have, no ridiculous academic study required, yet you think your opinion is supposed to mean something to anyone?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of corrupting that which already exists to suit their imbicilic notions of gender equality, the tumbler/feminist/sjw/whatthefuckevertheycallthemselvesnow crowd actually try to come up with something new and original that players might want to play for its own sake.

But no, thats crazy talk. That would require actual effort and creativity from poeple who would rather sit at home and post vitriol from their iphones while eating ice cream by the gallon.

Get over yourself, you sound like The Simpson's Comic Book Guy. I'm haven't been a fan since the original. You may think whatever is the best game but I makes no difference to me. I didn't like it and I don't care. I don't need to play every game to form valid opinions on what I have, nor do I need to study it academically. I bet you start every conversation with "I've been doing this since the 1960's and you must heed my authority!"
    oh no, i'm not saying i'm an authority on the situation i'm saying we just shouldn't listen to you, because you clearly don't care about the game nor play it, guess i should start playing LoL for an hour, then decide i can judge the game and what's best for it and how it should change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Does this surprise anyone at all?
    No. The developers are just reflecting their target audience.

If there was a bigger market for what other people wanted, they'd supply it without hesitation. Of course, if Zelda's traditional fanbase were to suddenly not be there anymore, you might not even see any more Zelda games.

It seems that there is a dark force that wants to take over all existing franchises. I wonder what that could be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What a sexist. Need some new development at Nintendo IMO. That shit don't fly in 2016 grandpa.
    Thank fucking god you dont work at nintendo, else we would get shite games just for the sake of muh diversity.

PS: It's #Currentyear so please stop mansplaining.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Thank fucking god you dont work at nintendo, else we would get shite games just for the sake of muh diversity.

PS: It's #Currentyear so please stop mansplaining.
    Hopefully 2017 brings vaginasplaining.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh here we fucking go now the thread has devolved into everyone calling eachother sexist or PC. Fuck off.

Welcome to third wave feminism.

If they made some sort of spinoff series starring Zelda as the playable character, I'd be all for that. I don't see the point in trying to "force" developers to genderbend a character that's been a dude for decades. Furthermore, it isn't like Nintendo is adverse to having female lead (playable) characters...hello, Metroid series.

Oh, wait, we should be able to play as Metroids in the next Metroid game, hurr durr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Oh here we fucking go now the thread has devolved into everyone calling eachother sexist or PC. Fuck off.
    because that's how it is lately, take an existing male character and make them female, because feminism, so if we got a game out where link was female or zelda was the main character you know what a lot of people would put that down to?

nintendo wanting to change things up? nintendo taking the game in a new direction, nintendo wanting a spinoff? NOPE nintendo bending over to feminism, and this thread kind of discussing that, link should stay the main character, link should stay male, nothing should change after 30 fucking years for a stupid reason as feminism, luckily the japanese are some of the smartest people in the world and won't fall for that dumb shit, the closest they've gone is linkle, then again you can play as literally everyone in hyrule warriors, nothing is seen as too crazy for a character in HW.