Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Did anyone think that arc was going to go any other way? I mean, that's WHY she went there, to learn how to kill people she didn't like.
    She went there because she was running away from Sandor and the fact that all her family had died, and the only refuge she had was the coin Jaqen gave her. She killed people on her list multiple times before she ever got to the FM, and conceivably, she'd have better access to kill the rest if she went North, fomented a Stark rebellion, and became part of the Northern cause to end Lannister rule. I'm not sure book or show Arya went to the FM with the idea she'd become an assassin, she just wanted sanctuary.

She wanted to learn with the boys before she ever left Winterfell. It's why Jon Snow gave her Needle. Ned brought her Syrio Forrel because that's what she was interested in, as opposed to traditional needlework, not because she (or he) anticipated ever needing to use it. All that doesn't mean she went to the FM wanting to learn how to be an assassin. I think she thought Jaqen would give her sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That would be another facet of the storytelling being contrived. I think the arc of Arya's storyline in the books is meant to be that she totally loses herself in the FM, truly becoming "no one," killing who she's told to kill, until she's confronted by a crisis of faith, so to speak, when she's asked to kill someone she knows.
    I disagree, in the books she is very much Arya Stark. She hides Needle so she will have it for later, she cheats on the blindness test by warging into a cat, and she kills that guy deserting the night's watch. I'm sure I could find more examples with the books in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Characters are not the same as Martin intended, IMHO. The overall plot may be similar, but details and substance of these characters is vastly apart from the books.
    I'd liken this to the Hitchhiker's Guide series. The basic story doesn't change from iteration to iteration, but there are definitely changes between versions. And, all of the HHG stuff is by the same person. Maybe Martin has rethought some of his work, and helped HBO fix it for the show. Also keep in mind some things in books don't translate well to a show. If they showed everything that happened in the books, it'd be a LOT of seasons of the show.
    Last edited by Fincayra; 2016-06-29 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think they're just cutting out travel time at this point. These scenes aren't happening at the same time, even if it seems like they are.
    No, this show is all real time. It will actually take a year now for Jaime and Cersei to walk into the next room and have a conversation. Jon will only be in the second episode, so it will take him a week longer to go the same distance.

I just realized, they didnt give a Dany meeting Varys for the first time scene. She hated him in earlier season, and he helped run Meeren when she was away, but the boat scene is the first time on screen together. I think.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't leave a comment yet on the last episode, and I'll do it now. It was solid (music did it for me) and the feeling was different from the Battle of the Bastards.
    The director did a great job (as what he has done with previous episodes) and they should let him do more in the future.
    I won't be commenting on the contents of the episode since that has been beaten to death already, but even though it was one of the best episodes (GoT feeling-like) we've seen so far, I can't get it out of my head something was off this season and especially the last 15 minutes of the season in particular. Either it being some "big things" happening and finally moving on, or the speed in which they just pumped it all into 1 episode, I have no idea, but something felt off for me. I don't mean to say "bad" as it being a bad episode, but rather the pacing and the way they handle storylines irks me.
    I've been wrong in a couple of ocasions regarding some facts about the series so I don't comment on it on that regard, but the "feel" I get when watching it is completely different now. A critical mind is what I always had and there's always something to comment on, but I don't know exactly what it is this time around and it kind of annoys me the last 2 days now.
    I don't know if anyone has the same "feeling" or could maybe come up with a reason as to why I feel this way, but something with the series feels off ...
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Wonder if any Red Priest/tesses are traveling with Dany and company?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Wonder if any Red Priest/tesses are traveling with Dany and company?
    There's that Kinvara who showed up once and wasn't seen again. I bet she's somewhere on that fleet.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There's that Kinvara who showed up once and wasn't seen again. I bet she's somewhere on that fleet.
    Recuperating from a gang-bang no doubt
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Well the actress is fine as fuck, but i doubt that =D
    wonder if Moqorro will show up?
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2016-06-29 at 07:03 PM. Reason: edited name

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    If only Blackfish hadn't gone nuts, he could have now rescued Edmure n started a rebellion, now with main 3 Freys dead.
    His death we really can't confirm so the Blackfish could still be alive. Not saying that it will be the case, it just may though.

I too dont think Blackfish is dead.

I see they're still going with Rhaegar "abducted" Lyanna.

Deleted
    Well it is the official story.

I wonder if 3 Eyed Bran will see more of the vision, maybe Lyanna tells Eddard she loves him, or learned to love him, or maybe her handmaiden tells Ned that.

Why does Rickard have so many parents? (I think they messed up a few linestyles there)

Sapochnik isn't directing an episode next season.

Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Why does Rickard have so many parents? (I think they messed up a few linestyles there)
    The arrow is pointing FROM Rickard to his three children, Ned, Lyanna, and Brandon. The Rickard in question, of course, is the grandfather of the Starks we know (Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Designated by the definition of fan fiction. That's how language works...
    I think you are confused by the word fan. HBO is investing millions of dollars every season to produce a TV series that is on par with most major motion pictures. That is hardly a ´fan´ anything.

Fan fiction is something some nerdy teenager writes and puts on a blog with a amazon affiliate link to the box edition.

Or I guess by your definition, Every 007, Superman, Batman, X-man movie that was not written by the original author is also fan fiction? lol