Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    I could go to Tumblr right now and find about ten people who want me to die for being heterosexual, a male, white, et cetera. If you want a real life example, just try going to South Africa as a white man.

We shouldn't treat oppression like some kind of Olympic event where we strive to seem like the most "justified" attacked group. This Twitter tag (and many like it) are obvious warnings against this kind of thinking.
    That is not even remotely the same. That's racial tension fueled by decades of injustice against blacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petty people doing petty things. Nothing to see here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    'I doubt that's the case though'.

Wow, okay. I guess it's just easier to assume everyone is trying to take the piss rather than just being like 'okay'.
    It's not an assumption. It's an educated guess. Being on the internet for long enough, you learn how people act. This is definitely a spiteful thing. Especially since it was done on twitter of all places and not an actual physical event.

So, who wants to shag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    We havent? Straight white males for the last 20 years have been told how horrible they are, how they're nothing but problems on society, that everythings our fault. How we deserve less because of some old straight white dudes hundreds of years ago.

I know its not "horrible oppression", but to be fair, most people born in the last 50 years havent been either. Its okay to be proud that you're gay... but god forbid you be proud to be a straight white male. Oh no! We wouldn't want that! Thats horrible!

People should just fuck off. Bunch of hypocrites who just need something to get mad about in this thread as it doesnt align with the liberal bullshit spewed all over these forums.
    No one said you can't be proud to be white or male or heterosexual. Since every day is already your day as you're the norm that everyone else is compared against, being in-your-face about it is an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Without us heteros you wouldnt even exist, so let us have our prideday .
    Don't advertise that too much. lol
    They don't need us anymore for that purpose.

Science has surpassed that need.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is not even remotely the same. That's racial tension fueled by decades of injustice against blacks.
    lmfao, okay.

What is the barrier for entry? What's the metric that has to be met? How many Oppressed Peoples Points does a group have to get before they're allowed to have their own hash tag?
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

If you are heterosexual and proud of yourself, that's nice too. Pride, along with seeking acceptance, has a lot to do with accepting oneself. So there's room for you too. If you feel it's kind of a copout (like feminism solving male problems), that's understandable, but some other folks feel ok with that approach.

That said, ever since we passed equal marriage 10 years ago, the pride parades are becoming more of a tourist attraction. Very little protest, and a whole lot of merchandising. LGBT folks are developing a critical outlook into the commodification of it all. It's all kinds of fascinating and, I think, a whole lot more interesting than "what about heterosexuals" rhetoric: pink capitalism and critical pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pride day is not just for the gay and trans folks, its also for the people who support us, its for life. Why do Cis people need a separate day to celebrate being a geneuine human being?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    We havent? Straight white males for the last 20 years have been told how horrible they are, how they're nothing but problems on society, that everythings our fault. How we deserve less because of some old straight white dudes hundreds of years ago.

I know its not "horrible oppression", but to be fair, most people born in the last 50 years havent been either. Its okay to be proud that you're gay... but god forbid you be proud to be a straight white male. Oh no! We wouldn't want that! Thats horrible!

People should just fuck off. Bunch of hypocrites who just need something to get mad about in this thread as it doesnt align with the liberal bullshit spewed all over these forums.
    Quoted for mega truth.
    In my 3 years of living in the US I was denied of voicing my opinion on certain matters by other people several times because "I was a hetero cis white male".
    I didn't even know what the fuck "hetero cis" meant back then but I had the cancerous experience of finding out later that we almost have a new dictionary's worth of terms associated with sexuality. People sure like that attention.

We don't have a parade to express our joy being ourselves. We have a parade to express our right to exist. We're told regularly that we should die, that we're abominations, that we're going to hell, that we're mentally damaged, and there are a host of countries where it is illegal for us to exist. Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves? Yeah, now I hope you get it.
    Maybe we shouldn't call it a pride parade then.

pride
    noun
    1. a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
    verb
    1. be especially proud of a particular quality or skill.

"Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves?" Name one place in the western world where it's illegal for homosexuals to be themselves.

Do you live in a country where it's illegal for you to be you? Then you need to get out of that third world country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Oh for fucks sake... are people still really this insecure about gay people in 2016?

I don't need a day to justify that I like to sleep with my Wife. Whoever created this bullshit holiday can go shove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This bit comes to my mind, honestly..
    I see a lot of that crowd he points out here too.

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm a homosexual and I'm already tired of it. Same with ethnicity months (again, Black History Month) and the like. Can't we all just be fucking humans?
    That's the thing. Because some people in our community abused the system and decided to use homosexuality as their sole identity, we're now stuck in a tug of war between the real issues we're facing on a daily basis and additionnal hate from people who are tired of seeing it all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure why they'd be trying to shame people for celebrating their sexuality. I thought that's exactly the kind of thing they were fighting against with LGBTQ Pride events... I guess celebrating who you are is only acceptable if you're a minority though, taking pride in being who you are in other circumstances is too offensive.
    This wouldn't be an issue if we didn't still have to fight for our rights to live. Orlando shooting should never have happened. Well, actually no shooting should ever happen - but to be targetted by your sexuality is a very efficient way to create terror in a community.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Oh so that makes it justified?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never understood the idea of having pride in something you have absolutely no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Kinda silly, since noone has ever tried to banish heterosexually out of public life (which is kinda the point of gay pride right?) - but if you really care about both having their day, have at it I guess.
    Could you banish the vast majority? Maybe in some syfy world in the future where reproduction can be between 2 of anyone. If it does happen and there is an afterlife where we can watch, I'll say "huh, 20,000 years until we got a gay hitler, welcome to the dark side."
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Technically people should be nither proud or ashamed of their sexuality. The LGBT community has been pushed by a few (people like Jerry Falwell, Tony Perkins of the FRC, etc) to either feel shame, disgust, or aversion to their sexulaity. The "Pride" movement was meant to counter that. Hopefully, someday soon, there wont need to be pride parades because being gay, or straight will be a non-issue. It is not that day though.

As for the hashtag... who cares.
    I have close friends who are gay and even friends parents that are gay, hell one of my good friends from years ago, both of his parents, father and mother were gay and it never bothered me because I have no seeded hate towards something that doesn't effect me in any way like the religious people who are against it. There is no logical reason outside of religion or someone being in the closet to hate gay people period.

who gives a shit if it's sincere or not PC needs to go away. All these special snowflakes need to get over themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Don't advertise that too much. lol
    They don't need us anymore for that purpose.

Science has surpassed that need.
    And who made this possible? The heteroes! #Pride .