Quote Originally Posted by Pitabrood View Post
    Hey guys,

So with the given changes for both Sin and Sub, and the changes being great ones for both specs (e.g Sub got an AOE dmg buff), does Assassination stand a chance to out dmg Sub spec in raids?
    Difficult to say. Need the 4set bonus and raid tier trinkets etc to be able to accurately sim dps results. It could be either at this point honestly. Not surprised if outlaw is behide both ass/sub also.

Also another variable is what gear you will have in those first raid tiers, going from past expansions and the most recent expansion warlords, some specs pulled ahead because all the gear was multistrike etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pitabrood View Post
    Hey guys,

So with the given changes for both Sin and Sub, and the changes being great ones for both specs (e.g Sub got an AOE dmg buff), does Assassination stand a chance to out dmg Sub spec in raids?
    I'd say with the fact that they are giving sub aoe dmg the odds they will make it our highest single target spec go way down. Also assassin aoe got buffed too.

It looks like they are actually trying to make all the specs work at everything.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-06-29 at 08:00 AM.

Wouldn't that be a good thing tho? Everyone could finally play the spec he likes most. No: "You gotta be Outlaw for 5mans" and "Assa is best for single target until you get trinket X where Subtlety becomes way way better than Assa 10 months into the expansion." Actually this is what annoyed me in WoD but with Artifacts it could be a reason not to play a pure DPS at all for me. That said they at least improved the option of maintaining multiple Artifacts.

Deleted
    Man, fuck agonizing poison. I really hope it doesn't become the best talent in the row. Why is it even a talent? It's exactly like the old deadly poison and I thought that they got rid of that 5 years ago.
    Last edited by mmoce9a533470d; 2016-06-29 at 11:54 AM.

Most importantly for me is how are we looking at faring in Mythic+? I remember playing Assassination at WOD launch and having an absolute blast in the early heroics. From how things are shaping up it looks like we'll really be contributing well on trash and then crushing it on bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Most importantly for me is how are we looking at faring in Mythic+? I remember playing Assassination at WOD launch and having an absolute blast in the early heroics. From how things are shaping up it looks like we'll really be contributing well on trash and then crushing it on bosses?
    i havent been in high mythic +s (only+2) but on those assa was doing just fine

our dmg on trashis pretty good since mobs dont instadie and people dont pull 50 million of them yet and on bosses our openers are insane

Is poison knife bugged on PTR?
    it says it should apply your poisons, but it doesn't.
    Last edited by Notter; 2016-06-29 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    I poison knife bugged on PTR?
    it says it should apply your poisons, but it doesn't.
    on the beta it does, so dont know why it wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    on the beta it does, so dont know why it wouldnt
    Except Agonizing. It doesn't apply that any more, which sucks. :/

Yeah, i tried deadly poison, and noticed it DOES apply it.
    so it was just agonizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Yeah, i tried deadly poison, and noticed it DOES apply it.
    so it was just agonizing.
    agonizing sucks and should go die in a hole anyway so it's fine :P

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Wouldn't that be a good thing tho? Everyone could finally play the spec he likes most. No: "You gotta be Outlaw for 5mans" and "Assa is best for single target until you get trinket X where Subtlety becomes way way better than Assa 10 months into the expansion." Actually this is what annoyed me in WoD but with Artifacts it could be a reason not to play a pure DPS at all for me. That said they at least improved the option of maintaining multiple Artifacts.
    No one said it was a bad thing I was just pointing it out because some people we're still talking about sub like now its got aoe so assassin is dead etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    No one said it was a bad thing I was just pointing it out because people we're still talking about sub like now its got aoe so assassin is dead etc.
    assa's "AOE" is good tho

we have no burst AOE or many target AOE but on a couple high hp targets we're awesome and that'll be more frequent than just mindless AOE spamming low hp minions both in mythic+ and raids.

im pulling pretty good numbers in mythic+ unless im together with some true AOE monsters like WW Monks im doing fine, but WW monk AOE is just broken so there's that.

we put up ruptures on the targets, burst the most priority one with kingsbane+ES and then keep rolling our poison dmg+rupture on the rest, it's not bad at all, and our single target damage is outstanding as well.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-06-29 at 04:00 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do the changes to Master Poisoner (30% up from 10%) and Elaborate Planning (15% down from 20%) make Master Poisoner the better choice now? 30% seems pretty substantial.

assa's "AOE" is good tho
    The idea there wasn't that assassin had no aoe it was that sub will always and forever be top single target and now that it has aoe why would you play anything else. None of that being the case is why I said something.

i havent been in high mythic +s (only+2) but on those assa was doing just fine

our dmg on trashis pretty good since mobs dont instadie and people dont pull 50 million of them yet and on bosses our openers are insane
    My guess is that if it's working on +2 it should be working on any difficulty above that as well. I figure if you're in a group where things are dying so fast that your DoTs aren't taking full effect then your group needs to up the difficulty.

Either way, it sounds good for Assassination. Do you think that Subtlety would somehow be a better option for Mythic+ or do you think that Assassination is either A) good enough or B) better, so that folks who enjoy it more could just play it without feeling like they're gimped?

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    The idea there wasn't that assassin had no aoe it was that sub will always and forever be top single target and now that it has aoe why would you play anything else. None of that being the case is why I said something.
    yeah i agree and i know what you ment i just thought i'd elaborate :P

agonizing sucks and should go die in a hole anyway so it's fine :P
    For PvP right now, it's seemingly overtaken Exsanguinate. The damage you can do with it is insane, especially since Exsanguinate got a nerf.

As a mechanic, yeah it's pretty poop though, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    For PvP right now, it's seemingly overtaken Exsanguinate. The damage you can do with it is insane, especially since Exsanguinate got a nerf.

As a mechanic, yeah it's pretty poop though, yeah.
    how exactly did exsanguinate get nerfed?
    i didnt notice anything in either the game or the patchnotes

how exactly did exsanguinate get nerfed?
    i didnt notice anything in either the game or the patchnotes
    i think the pvp template nerfed rupture, which nerfed exs