Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You can have that as a vegan too! You may need to take vitamin supplements though.
    I hate to break it to you, but if you "may need to take supplements", then it's not a healthy balanced diet.

I suppose so. But as mentioned, big animal industry=many greenhouse effect. We need to find a better way at least.
    So do the tractors and machinery that are used to farm vegetables.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The world's a much safer place if we eat the animals that could eat us.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the animal industry is putting a heavy toll on our environment. They really do contribute to the green house effect by a lot!
    Oh I know very well. I am for less dependency on the meat industry as the staple of our diet but not for phasing it out all together. There's a balance to be found in maintaining safe levels of livestock without removing peoples choice of what they want to eat. Unfortunately that may come at the cost of eating less of meat but your diet shouldn't consist of mostly meat anyways.

I was vegan for three years, then I went to college and on campus my ONLY food option was Caesar salad if I removed the croutons and didn't use the dressing. I lost a lot of weight and my cholesterol dropped from a vegan diet. It was great for my health, but in a situation where I was supposed to be networking for my future I wasn't able to even go to lunch with anyone. Being vegan in today's society is alienating and simply not worth the social cost for me. That said, I wasn't vegan because I cared about the animals - I decided to go vegan for the health benefits alone.

I suppose so. But as mentioned, big animal industry=many greenhouse effect. We need to find a better way at least.
    But you also know what happenes to the rainforrests because of Soja and all that vegan stuff right?

Because I'm an omnivore and don't pretend I'm not, steak tastes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterrus View Post
    I was vegan for three years, then I went to college and on campus my ONLY food option was Caesar salad if I removed the croutons and didn't use the dressing. I lost a lot of weight and my cholesterol dropped from a vegan diet. It was great for my health, but in a situation where I was supposed to be networking for my future I wasn't able to even go to lunch with anyone. Being vegan in today's society is alienating and simply not worth the social cost for me. That said, I wasn't vegan because I cared about the animals - I decided to go vegan for the health benefits alone.
    Doesn't really matter why you are vegan, you are still of usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Oh I know very well. I am for less dependency on the meat industry as the staple of our diet but not for phasing it out all together. There's a balance to be found in maintaining safe levels of livestock without removing peoples choice of what they want to eat. Unfortunately that may come at the cost of eating less of meat but your diet shouldn't consist of mostly meat anyways.
    That might also work.

Deleted
    Because I like eating meat

Being vegan isn't green for the environment either though

I have the utmost respect for vegans. And I have many vegan friends. But none of them ever starts this kind of discussion or go for subtle attempts at guilt tripping. People are never going to become vegans unless we somehow run out of meat to eat. And I do not see that happening in the near future. And even if that were to happen we're screwed anyway. ^^ I respect your decision in life but I do not respect your way of conveying your lifestyle to the masses, it's extremely pretentious. Please stop.

I just love devouring the dead flesh of animals that serve as nothing more than food for me.
    That, and vegans are fucking retarded .

Though I don't often eat meat and I do enjoy some vegan products I'm not a vegan because I enjoy animal products, like cheese and eggs, more than I hate their treatment in the best of cases.

Another reason is that I'm allergic to whiny ideologues such as yourself who seek to enforce their perception of morality onto others by guilt tripping them with emotional arguments. If you want to abstain from using animal products that's fine, if you want to convince others to join you that's fine as well. But guess what, when you act like you're superior for having a particular diet and treat the opposition with disdain and condescension, you're not convincing people, you're just pushing them further away.

Sure the animal industry could do with reforms and people should eat less meat for their own health and that of the environment. Instead of emotionally manipulating people you could use rational arguments to have a nuanced debate. But then again, stereotypes exist for a reason.
    Last edited by Cradyz; 2016-06-29 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Because cheeseburgers and a nice bloody steak with a side of a red skin potatos is fucking delicious.

Every animal eats other living things. We just so happen to be top of the food chain

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyan89 View Post
    I have the utmost respect for vegans. And I have many vegan friends. But none of them ever starts this kind of discussion or go for subtle attempts at guilt tripping. People are never going to become vegans unless we somehow run out of meat to eat. And I do not see that happening in the near future. And even if that were to happen we're screwed anyway. ^^ I respect your decision in life but I do not respect your way of conveying your lifestyle to the masses, it's extremely pretentious. Please stop.
    B-but the environment... There will be no second earth, there is only this one. Why can't we take care of it?

Deleted
    Because I like meat. Not "just" meat, mind you. I like me some salad once in a while. But I couldn't live without meat in my diet.

Because if GOD didn't aim for us to eat animals he would have made them to taste bad.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but if you "may need to take supplements", then it's not a healthy balanced diet.
    to be fair I take supplements as an omnivore.

But i also work out a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the question. You make the assumption as if there is no choice and that we just haven't gotten there yet.