Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    There's a ton of factors in play, but what likely happened is that the people you were playing were worse than you, but still managed a win. That usually results in a huge swing in MMR
    Every game both teams had the same average rating so how would the difference be so drastic?

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    0:6 so far with almost all matches ending in 2 mins. I just met a 11lvl widowmaker with 91% accuracy and 51 kills.

I guess im done with competitive :P
    If you're going to lie, at least make it believable.

Competitive is for level 25 and above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post

If u wanna flame someone make sure u read the entire thread. If u did u would notice 3 posts later i said misstype. The widow was lvl 41

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A1CZERO View Post
    Every game both teams had the same average rating so how would the difference be so drastic?
    Hmmmm

Maybe you played poorly? Not trying to talk shit or anything, but Blizz said in one of their blue posts they have the metrics for each hero, and they compare your abilities with that hero vs the baseline they've established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Hmmmm

Maybe you played poorly? Not trying to talk shit or anything, but Blizz said in one of their blue posts they have the metrics for each hero, and they compare your abilities with that hero vs the baseline they've established.
    Every game I got at least 2 gold medals and my first lost game I even got 4 so yea...
    I don't understand how it worked out like this and was honestly expecting people here to tell me it's bugged and to wait for a fix.

Thing that gets me is seeing people with 100+ levels acting like it's their 1st game ever. Not the fact some don't understand how the matches work, but seriously seeing my team waiting on cap A instead of holding the team off at cap B just to get face rolled when the enemy team comes in. Then at the end of the match seeing them go, "I had 3 gold medals!!! What did you do?" Like, "yeah, but you had 3 gold medals with 2 elims and 1000 damage done, lol?" Just getting steamrolled on the 1st 10 games makes you hang your head in shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A1CZERO View Post
    Every game I got at least 2 gold medals and my first lost game I even got 4 so yea...
    I don't understand how it worked out like this and was honestly expecting people here to tell me it's bugged and to wait for a fix.
    Well hell.
    I have no idea then :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Bear in mind that on day 1 pretty much everyone is going to be at the wrong MMR.
    That is a fair point.

My first 3 matches absolutely sucked. 1st being someone left immediately after the game started. Then the other 2 were stomps. After that my next 5 were pretty good, lost 1 but won 4. All being very very close matches. I think 2 of those we won in sudden death.

I suppose 42 is a terrible rank, then?

I won five matches and lost the other five and most of my time was spent patrolling objectives and keeping the enemy team away from them as 76 and D.va. As a result I didn't get as many medals or kills as the people running around on the other side of the map (outside of the games where the bulk of the action was around the payload/control points).

A few games we lost in a matter of minutes simply due to the other team being super organised and locking down any attempt to get near them.

Went 6-4 as a healer in all 10 matches.
    Got rank 47.
    Looks like playing support is not that profitable in terms of levels.
    But well someone has to

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got up to Rank 55 before bed last night. Then I've had nothing, but Double Hanzo level teams this morning and I'm sitting at 50 or 51. Getting off to take a break now because my hanger is getting the better of me lol Hopefully will be better later!

Jerycho#1809 if you want to play!

Been reading on official forums that payload maps gain/lose much more rank exp than KoTH maps, which doesn't make sense. Also not a fan of losses having more weight than wins but that could also be due to map type. I'll have to test it out later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Been reading on official forums that payload maps gain/lose much more rank exp than KoTH maps, which doesn't make sense. Also not a fan of losses having more weight than wins but that could also be due to map type. I'll have to test it out later.
    I could definitely see that being the case. Blizz likely has objective time/distance in their metrics, and a loss on payload would mean that those variables haven't been good enough to win, so by default they're low. If this is the case it should be adjusted, as it's essentially double dipping. (Purely speculation)

gonna lose 10/10 and be rank 100 this is how it goes
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    In people's experience with competitive, are most people using voice chat?
    i had 2 matches were people used the voice chat to communicate with the team and help each other.
    then 3 where some russians confuse the game with skype or teamspeak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    If u wanna flame someone make sure u read the entire thread. If u did u would notice 3 posts later i said misstype. The widow was lvl 41
    just edit the first post....

btw, won 5 lost 5 in my placement matches, rank 47.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-06-29 at 07:09 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post

I saw a level 13 in my 3rd placement match. It looks like the stars are suppressed for ranked play but the player was definitely not showing above 25.

EDIT: Ignore this.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-06-29 at 10:40 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh btw, in placement, I went 8-2 and it got me to rank 53 I believe.

7+ Year Old Account
    can someone explain me how the competitive potg's work?
    in my last match we were fighting in illios (we won), i took widow as always, in the second round i finished 4 people off with headshots from pretty far away damn quickly, but the play went to the a winston who killed 1 guy, that guy didnt ult, that guy wasnt standing in the point, he literally didnt do anything but died.
    i mean really? i dont care about the play really much but damn, it took me so damn much concentration to finish those guy off. :/

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same as it is in QM. The more points an action got, which factors in location of players and point in the match. Sometimes it's just funky, but generally there is logic behind it b/c we are talking about an algorithm here.

For example, we had a match last night on King's Row where my tire defended point A with about 1 minute left that came out of the building windows on top of the enemies heads and killed 4 of them to clear the point saving the match for us. That was round one. They won the next match, then we went to sudden death. Our Genji, in the same scenario, used his ult to kill 3 of them.

His was Potg, likely just because it was the decisive match, even though he killed less people.
    BAD WOLF