Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Let them have their day if they think they need one; I'm just thinking that most people only use the hashtag to ridicule gay pride and the real issues behind it.

I don't really care though.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Dude, I don't agree with Darsithis, but you're clockin' in at a 12 and I need you to bring it back to 7. Language matters to convey your message, tone matters to deliver the message. If you can't use either those effectively, your message is lost.
    I'm just sitting here laughing at him. Great entertainment.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Pretty sure he didn't tell you that you are disgusting because you are gay but because some of the stuff you ve said in here is very very questionable to say the least
    Save yourself the report, dont tell him he's wrong, he'll never be infracted for his bigoted views, and he'll never change his mind that the very shit he said in this thread is the type of shit gay and black activists fought so hard to abolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Lmao, you dont think you've bashed straight people in this thread? Really? Really? Okay. Thats enough mmo-champion then, the fact that you're actually a moderator on these forums is disgusting.
    And yet you'll continue to reply in this thread hehe. But maybe not since you ignored my other post for calling you out on that too :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    I'm just as Native American as Obama is African American(50% for those who dont understand). I live in the south, central Florida, and I dont see this persecution that all these minorities claim happens everyday. I live 90 minutes from Orlando and I work with people who are homosexual and actually were real life friends with the people that were murdered in Orlando and even they dont feel like they are persecuted against. Hell I've been called "cracker" many times but it's doesn't bother me. Maybe I've just lived in a college town most of my life where many different people live therefore the systemic racism isn't seen by me.
    That's good. I don't experience, today, nearly the same sense of persecution I did when I was a teen in the 90's. Even then, in the 90's, it was far better than, say, the 60's or 70's. Way better, because people had already paved the path for me. It wasn't all roses, though.

I do want to apologize for my earlier statement. It wasn't right for me to tell you that you don't have a right to complain or feel something.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    I'd have to say that the people that feel they are truly being oppressed should move somewhere else as 99% of the US isn't like that nor is the rest of the world.
    It's not about moving. The whole point of pride is to continue to keep the the fact that there are a lot of places on this planet where we are murdered for our sexuality (and even here in the US) or where it is illegal to be us. If we all just said "okay, well, in the US things are better, so we're done", what would change?

Lmao, you dont think you've bashed straight people in this thread? Really? Really? Okay. Thats enough mmo-champion then, the fact that you're actually a moderator on these forums is disgusting.
    Pretty sure he hasn't. I've been following this train wreck in progress for a while now. If you count your blowing his statements way the hell out of proportion as bashing, then sure, go nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're clockin' in at a 12 and I need you to bring it back to 7. Language matters to convey your message, tone matters to deliver the message. If you can't use either those effectively, your message is lost.
    Agreed...
    But don't put your hopes up too high that you will be understood.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, I don't agree with Darsithis, but you're clockin' in at a 12 and I need you to bring it back to 7. Language matters to convey your message, tone matters to deliver the message. If you can't use either those effectively, your message is lost.
    My message was lost when Darsithis came into the thread and essentially told all the straight people in the thread that their opinions dont matter because they've not been threatened with bricks.

I've always felt like 'Pride' events are rather silly no matter what they're supposedly celebrating. Often they simply reinforce negative stereotypes or prove to be needlessly divisive. There's exceptions, of course, but most people in the western world are fine with LGBT people. The vocal minority of people who aren't already get a lot of condemnation whenever they speak up.

In other parts of the world - such as the Middle East - LGBT people are literally being executed. That is far, far worse and in recent years we've seen people from those countries bring their views over with them. Either directly or passed down to them by their parents or belief system(s). Yet very little is done to condemn it outside of silly platitudes and much, much more effort is spent perpetuating the myth that is 'heterosexual privilege'.

In fact, it has become very common for people to bash and shame people who are heterosexual so, ironically, a 'pride' movement for those people is something they deserve at this point. Just take a look at the 'privilege' tags on a site such as tumblr to see the scary amount of hatred and contempt many LGBT people and their supporters have for anybody who identifies as heterosexual.

As a disclaimer, I'm saying this as a bisexual guy with a preference for men. Not that it matters much but I figured I'd mention it for context since I want people to know that not everybody who is gay, bisexual or whatever buys into the deliberately divisive nonsense.

Rather insincere and childish. Have there ever been a case, where someone was attacked because of their heterosexuality?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea no shit, so do I and my friends, god forbid the straight people show pride in being straight though. Because as you said, until we're threatened with death our opinions dont matter right?
    Dude just stop. You sound like a baffoon. You go on and on making it sound like you've lived a life of pain and suffering simply because you're a white straight male. Why the fuck would we show pride in being straight also? That's so dumb.

You've got some anger issues to work out. You also should go out more into the real world. No one belittles you for having an opinion as a straight white male except for idiots on tumblr or uber liberal colleges.

It's also NationalCameraDay and HugHoliday

CRAM MORE THINGS INTO TODAY! MAKE IT THE HASH TAG DAY OF ALL THINGS, I SAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Why the fuck would we show pride in being straight also? That's so dumb.
    I don't understand the whole "show pride in my sexuality" anyway. I'm about as proud of my sexuality as I am of my green eyes. It's not what defines me. I don't understand why people wrap their whole identity around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw I thought threads on sexuality weren't allowed anymore? Or was that gender?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Trump being as popular as he is would say otherwise so, and not even Bernie getting the nomination... but please continue to make me laugh lol
    Trump is the exact result of that. People being fed up with being called stuff that they are not just for not agreeing with others coupled with a lack of education etc etc resulted in trumps high numbers.
    I m pretty fucking tired of that as well but I would never vote for trump. I m not even american so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Agreed...
    But don't put your hopes up too high that you will be understood.
    If anything was easy, we'd figure it out by now. I'm not against a hetero day merely for balance. I mean, even if it was a thing, I can't see anyone really go out with floats and shit in a parade, maybe a good excuse to eat out, but really nothing more than that.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Goes over my head how people can't understand that this is just mocking the LGBT movement. Hetero pride isn't even a real thing.
    Not once have straight people been oppressed for which gender they prefer. Never.

Interracial relationships was seen as taboo once upon a time, remember this? not a thing anymore.
    What about females not having the same equal rights as men about 100 years ago? this has changed.

The LGBT community still puts up with crap to this day. It's still illegal in some countries.
    Shows how much you know about history because I can't believe how the straight people in this thread are trying to justify this stupid hashtag. *coughs* Cebel.
    Last edited by Zakaryy; 2016-06-29 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Rather insincere and childish. Have there ever been a case, where someone was attacked because of their heterosexuality?
    Not physically but we re getting to the point where you are denied of voicing your opinion because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My message was lost when Darsithis came into the thread and essentially told all the straight people in the thread that their opinions dont matter because they've not been threatened with bricks.
    He never did that.
    All he actually ever tried was to explain why gay pride exists, and what it is all about.
    That triggered you, and a few others big time.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is the exact result of that. People being fed up with being called stuff that they are not just for not agreeing with others coupled with a lack of education etc etc resulted in trumps high numbers.
    I m pretty fucking tired of that as well but I would never vote for trump. I m not even american so it doesn't really matter.
    But if the extreme left is so mainstream why isn't Bernie the nominee? Are you also saying Trump voters are uneducated? Good luck with that m8

- - - Updated - - -

Not physically but we re getting to the point where you are denied of voicing your opinion because of it.
    By teenagers on Tumblr, nobody gives a fuck about them and you shouldn't either. This country will never pass laws that silence your opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Goes over my head how people can't understand that this is just mocking the LGBT movement. Hetero pride isn't even a real thing.
    Not once have straight people been oppressed for which gender they prefer. Never.

Interracial relationships was seen as taboo once upon a time, remember this? not a thing anymore.
    What about females not having the same equal rights as men about 100 years ago? this has changed.

The LGBT community still puts up with crap to this day. It's still illegal in some countries.
    Shows how much you know about history because I can't believe how the straight people in this thread are trying to justify this stupid hashtag.
    Skimming through this thread you will soon notice that people dont give 2 shits about the movement. The thread has derailed elsewhere.