5 6.33%

14 17.72%

7 8.86%

3 3.80%

4 5.06%

17 21.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can't bring myself to like the whole character. On one hand, he actually showed some personality in MoP with his love affair with Wrathion. On the other, I can get behind his ideals. But when they try so desperately to make him go on, and on, and on about them and never really change anything, he just starts to get annoying. 4/10.

I nominate Mannoroth, also come on at least 1 person vote for Ragnaros.

7+ Year Old Account
    7/10
    Whoa -- I am completely shocked at the number of 1 votes for Anduin. Dislike from Hearthstone creeping over maybe? IMO he is definitely the most annoying hero over there... but still, so many people here consider him as bad as Med'an? Just wow.

Anyway. I really don't think he is so bad, obviously, and he could have been even better. I disliked him much more during much of MoP, then loved the whole "stand up to Garrosh" turn of events with his character where they showed that he was not a bunch of empty prattling about peace and that he was die for his beliefs.

I like that they've put him in as king, because obviously someone with a belief structure like that is going to come under immense pressure from within and without and that has the makings of dramatic storylines for expansions to come, potentially, if handled right.

+1 for Anveena, Little Miss Sunwell herself.

You all disappoint me.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    It's hard to judge Anduin now because Blizzard said that he's going to have the most of his story told in Legion. 8/10 for now and I hope that after Legion it won't drop (However I got this feeling that he might get corrupted or Arthased or something like that)

And he's one of the very few that weren't horribly written in War Crimes.

I'm assisting Li Li in her journey to the safe spot.

7+ Year Old Account
    so many 1's?
    you guys dissapoint me.
    he gets 8/10 from me.

Formerly known as Arafal

If anduin gets less than medan then you should just quit.
    Sad day here
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly he gets 8/10. The reason is that while he is cringy, has some dumb quotes and is holier than you, he actually isn't hypocrite. He actually stands for what he believes and menaged to survive. He also proved to be more crafty than one could expect. He is also considerably unique character in the setting.

That being said - keep him to alliance players.

Deleted
    I don't get all this hate, tbqh :V

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    If anduin gets less than medan then you should just quit.
    Sad day here
    Already way above. Check out Med'an's topic; the poll lookrd much different.

4. Not quite as bad as Varian but really nothing special; Now, I've not played Legion Beta so the lore he's getting in the newest expansion might change my mind, but with the content currently available on live that included him he's little more than an annoyance. Plus he's #2 most annoying hero in Hearthstone after Jaina. CUZ OF COURSE HE HAS THAT SHADOW WORD DEATH -.-

But ya, I don't really see anything worth loving or hating about him. I am also biased against humans, so maybe make it a 5 or even a 6 with that in mind~.

Deleted
    If Anduin became a paladin according to some of the speculations, then we would have had five paladins in a raw starting Day #59.

Deleted
    So, funny story. I was at work, during the start of my day and entered this thread. So I thought "Anduin is horrible" so I voted him 3/10. 15 minutes later work started coming in and all the damn day I worked more than the last entire week without a moment of break.

So, Anduin cursed me. So, not only is he a bad character, he's also bad voodoo.

Now, as for Anduin. If Blizzard wanted to showcase a retarded person or the village idiot (who so happens to be the king's son), they got him perfectly. But I doubt they did.
    The big thing about Anduin is he tries to bring peace. Good for him. But when he goes in front of Garrosh... alone and tries to convince him of his bad deeds, Garrosh throws a bell on him and breaks many of his bones and Anduin STILL believes Garrosh can repent and SAVES his life... I can only assume he's either a complete moron or his character is so badly made it's unbelievable.
    One of the few characters I was happy about dieing. When he was crushed by the bell and we thought he died, I was glad. He is everything that is bad with the Alliance, more than Varian's attempt at blue warchief, more than Tyrande being impatient or some characters not being represented, Anduin is the worst the Alliance has to offer. Because he's exactly what makes the Alliance a punching bag so much, he's the character due to which Garrosh killed so many, he's the character that always preaches peace and friendship even after events like that which showcase how stupid the Alliance characters are made through their actions. Tyrande's action to take archers used with guerilla warfare in melee with the orcs seems like the best decision ever compared to Anduin's logic and decisions.

He gets his 3 points because Blizzard at least made him be taught by other races like Velen teaching him how to use the Light or Magni trying to suggest something like paladin at one point to Varian and then the dwarves helping him a bit. Unlike Varian who made the other races look like imbecils. So he could have been worse. But I still think he's a terrible character.
    Also, for his one and only good decision, the one with him persuading Varian not to kill Moira. It would have led to Ironforge becoming a battleground.

Voting Anveena.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Im not judging the outcome of his actions, im judging the quality of the writing. Anduin is/was a young kid that thought everything was rainbows and butterflies, it would have been poor writing to portray him as more than that.
    "Oh, that guy tried to kill me and butchered my people and even his own and now at his trial he treats us all like we're shit... he must be a good guy!" - as I said, village idiot Anduin. Only way this would make sense and it would not be bad writing.

In fact, I'll go as far as saying he has the opposite problem that people point on Jaina. He never changes his stance even in the face of facts that show him he's wrong 150%. Garrosh was not a good guy. There was no redemption for him. Yet Anduin believed it so much he went as far as saving his life.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-06-29 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    "Oh, that guy tried to kill me and butchered my people and even his own and now at his trial he treats us all like we're shit... he must be a good guy!" - as I said, village idiot Anduin. Only way this would make sense and it would not be bad writing.

In fact, I'll go as far as saying he has the opposite problem that people point on Jaina. He never changes his stance even in the face of facts that show him he's wrong 150%. Garrosh was not a good guy. There was no redemption for him. Yet Anduin believed it so much he went as far as saving his life.
    Ok i know its 4th wall breaking but what if anduin realised how horribly rushed and poorly written villain with no real motivation garrosh was and he went all out:

"I seriously hope you guys won't just kill him off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Ok i know its 4th wall breaking but what if anduin realised how horribly rushed and poorly written villain with no real motivation garrosh was and he went all out:

"I seriously hope you guys won't just kill him off.
    I got a better idea. In reality, Anduin is not an NPC. He's controlled by a player. And said player keeps wanting to see the content from both factions without rerolling, so he keeps trying to make us all friends while also helping Garrosh so we could experience killing him in-game, not just reading about it in a book. That's why he also made friends with Baine, he knew Baine is Cairne 2.0 and didn't want us to lose Cairne for good in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    6/10

I'll give the guy a fair score, not because I like him or don't think he acted like a complete imbecile in a couple of occasions but because it makes sense for such a young boy to be the way he is. Yeah, he's naive and idealistic but that's exactly like a guy of his age would be, especially once you indoctrinate him in the ways of priesthood and is not exactly experienced enough in terms of personal tragedies (even though he didn't face an exactly perfect life, losing his mother just too early and with all the responsibilities weighing on his shoulders).

Cautiously optimistic score, if he gets some interesting development in Legion it could easily become a 7/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    i nominate our lovely sunwell lady!
    Anveena Teague!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    6/10

I'll give the guy a fair score, not because I like him or don't think he acted like a complete imbecile in a couple of occasions but because it makes sense for such a young boy to be the way he is. Yeah, he's naive and idealistic but that's exactly like a guy of his age would be, especially once you indoctrinate him in the ways of priesthood and is not exactly experienced enough in terms of personal tragedies (even though he didn't face an exactly perfect life, losing his mother just too early and with all the responsibilities weighing on his shoulders).

Cautiously optimistic score, if he gets some interesting development in Legion it could easily become a 7/10.
    Exactly ! I hope that in legion anduin will learn that muscles are as valuable as peace and become ripped. Then rip some demons ballsack (the only way to kill them for good).

Deleted
    Wow, I never expected that many nominations for Anveena!

I give him a 5/10 right now. He's a bit one-dimensional and kind of boring.
    I do expect him to become a better character in Legion, though. At least his soundtrack is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I give him a 5/10 right now. He's a bit one-dimensional and kind of boring.
    I do expect him to become a better character in Legion, though. At least his soundtrack is good.
    The soundtrack alone single-handely redeemed AU Grom in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

A solid 8, loses points for a weak beginning. But really, so many people give him shit for wanting peace and say "IT'S NOT WORLD OF PEACECRAFT GRRRRRR." But really, one of the big problems in WoW's narrative is the forced faction conflict. After Pandaria, it just makes everyone look dumb. Anduin gets serious points for being one of the few characters to actually work against the conflict.