Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about the Legion center screen HP/resource bar

Figured this was more appropriate than legion forum for this question, but for anyone with beta access I have a few questions about how the new UI element showing your HP/resource bar/certain buffs/procs works in Legion. Starting to re-do my UI and I want to keep it as future proof as possible so I don't have to change everything that I'm used to in Legion. Questions are as follows:

1. Are there options that come along with it in UI settings or is it simply an "enable vs disable" type of thing?
    2. In videos, I notice it seems to dynamically reposition so that it doesn't cover the character, can this be disabled so it has a stationary position on screen?
    3. Is there any way to customize what is shown, e.g. having it only show HP and rage for Bear druid vs showing HP, rage, and active mitigation.

Thanks for any help, trying to figure out positioning of UI elements currently, and how clear I should leave the center of my screen if I plan on using this feature. I generally have my ~5 most important things to track on a character centralized on my screen below my character, but if I can't disable dynamic repositioning of the Legion frame I'm not sure I can keep it this way.

1. no
    2. no
    3. no

It behaves basically like a mob nameplate just for yourself, and just like nameplates, or any other base UI elements, it has practically no options.
    You can always use an addon to customize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    1. no
    2. no
    3. no

It behaves basically like a mob nameplate just for yourself, and just like nameplates, or any other base UI elements, it has practically no options.
    You can always use an addon to customize it.
    Actually there is a way to simply enable/disable. Interface Options > Names > Check/Uncheck "Personal Resource Display"

As for the rest of them you are correct. However, Legion brings a new nameplate system that is definitely customizable so expect various nameplate addons to come out of the wood work.
    AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List

Have they removed this recently?
    This is my interface screen as of 28/6. I distinctly remember having it a month ago.

I've been trying to customize it too with varying levels of success. Here's what I have so far

For windwalkers, rogues, ferals, this command resizes the combo point display. The default is 0.75 scale. Here I set it to 1.5 since it looks nice. You can also set it to 0.01 to hide them, though there's probably a better way to do that.
    Code:
    /run ClassNameplateBarWindwalkerMonkFrame:SetScale(1.5)
    /run ClassNameplateBarRogueDruidFrame:SetScale(1.5)

Using the larger nameplates, the font is increased in size. I didn't like that so this command switches back to the smaller one
    Code:
    /run DefaultCompactNamePlateFrameSetUpOptions.useLargeNameFont=false;

Also the larger nameplates cause the displayed buffs/debuffs to be really far offset from the nameplate. This script moves them back closer. EDITED WITH UPDATED SCRIPT
    Code:
    /run local function fn(...) for _,v in pairs(C_NamePlate.GetNamePlates())do local bf=v.UnitFrame.BuffFrame bf.baseYOffset=0 bf:UpdateAnchor()end end NamePlateDriverFrame:HookScript("OnEvent",fn)
    I was also disappointed the nameplates weren't showing all buffs on me so this script makes it show ALL buffs except indefinite buffs or buffs that last more than about a minute. It also doesn't show buffs with the SpellID specified by b so you can add your own unwanted SpellIDs to b or just leave it as b={} if you don't care. This ones a bit hacky too.
    Code:
    /run local b={196608,126896};local gn=UnitAura;local function fn(...)local a={gn(...)};a[15]=a[6]~=nil and not tContains(b,a[11])and abs(a[6]-31)<31;return unpack(a);end UnitAura=fn;

Somewhat related but I didn't like that it wouldn't automatically display names on all enemy nameplates so this command fixes that. (a little hacky)
    Code:
    /run local function fn(f) return not UnitIsPlayer(f.unit);end ShouldShowName=fn

Some of these commands won't take effect until the nameplates hide and then reappear. As for resizing health/mana, I haven't tried anything with that yet so not sure.
    Also, I wouldn't mind someone with more add-on experience coming in and telling me how to correctly do these things. But for now these work most of the time.
    Last edited by whatisxml; 2016-06-29 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Have they removed this recently?
    This is my interface screen as of 28/6. I distinctly remember having it a month ago.
    Are you by any chance using the Plater addon by Tercio?

Quote Originally Posted by whatisxml View Post
    I was also disappointed the nameplates weren't showing all buffs on me so this script makes it show ALL buffs except indefinite buffs or buffs that last more than about a minute. It also doesn't show buffs with the SpellID specified by b so you can add your own unwanted SpellIDs to b or just leave it as b={} if you don't care. This ones a bit hacky too.
    Code:
    /run local b={196608,126896};local gn=UnitAura;local function fn(...)local a={gn(...)};a[15]=a[6]~=nil and not tContains(b,a[11])and abs(a[6]-31)<31;return unpack(a);end UnitAura=fn;
    Don't know about the nameplates much myself, but a more cleaner approach could be something like this

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...3439&page=3#53
    https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-sour...s.lua#L89-L107
    Code:
    function NamePlateDriverMixin:OnUnitAuraUpdate(unit)
        filter = "HELPFUL|HARMFUL"
    end

Somewhat related but I didn't like that it wouldn't automatically display names on all enemy nameplates so this command fixes that. (a little hacky)
    Code:
    /run local function fn(f) return not UnitIsPlayer(f.unit);end ShouldShowName=fn
    I've been using this snippet in NameplateNames, didn't even know you could just replace ShouldShowName
    Code:
    for _, v1 in pairs({"Friendly", "Enemy"}) do
    	for _, v2 in pairs({"displayNameWhenSelected", "displayNameByPlayerNameRules"}) do
    		_G["DefaultCompactNamePlate"..v1.."FrameOptions"][v2] = false
    	end
    end

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Don't know about the nameplates much myself, but a more cleaner approach could be something like this
    That filter string was pretty useful. The only problem is that I end up with lots of unimportant buffs covering my character. Things like food buffs and auras that are always there. This way I can exclude very specific things by their duration and spellID. I think it breaks some other functionality though since it's overwriting the UnitAura function.

Are you by any chance using the Plater addon by Tercio?
    Nope. Only using elvui beta build and weakauras.

Nope. Only using elvui beta build and weakauras.

ElvUI does remove that interface options panel, you should probably use the options in ElvUI instead

ElvUI does remove that interface options panel, you should probably use the options in ElvUI instead

Omg I love you!

- - - Updated - - -

Now I just need my scroll limit back and I'll be happy

Where is the option to disable the resource bar in elvui - or is it missing. I can disable the nameplates but i want them just not the resource bar.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Where is the option to disable the resource bar in elvui - or is it missing. I can disable the nameplates but i want them just not the resource bar.
    Click the plus sign next to NamePlates, select Player Frame, uncheck the 'Enable' box.

10+ Year Old Account

You... I like you. Been trying to find the option for 30 mins. Now I know why I couldn't find it!

Now I just need my scroll limit back and I'll be happy
    Your scroll limit? CameraMaxFactor whatchamicallit?

IF so, under camera, there is a scroll bar. Set it to full. Changed my life yesterday. No joke.
    Science the shit out of it!

10+ Year Old Account

Spoke too soon, this does not remove the bottom bar for me. It enables me to see the option and disable it in settings, but every time I load ElvUI Nameplates back, the bar option resets. I can't seem to have ElvUI nameplates enabled and the bottom bar disabled, no matter what I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Spoke too soon, this does not remove the bottom bar for me. It enables me to see the option and disable it in settings, but every time I load ElvUI Nameplates back, the bar option resets. I can't seem to have ElvUI nameplates enabled and the bottom bar disabled, no matter what I try.
    By bottom bar, do you mean the health/power and buffs of your character? Or the black bar at the bottom of your screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Your scroll limit? CameraMaxFactor whatchamicallit?

IF so, under camera, there is a scroll bar. Set it to full. Changed my life yesterday. No joke.
    That set to full is the old max camera distance which is about 60% of the distance we had with zoom macro.

By bottom bar, do you mean the health/power and buffs of your character? Or the black bar at the bottom of your screen.

- - - Updated - - -

That set to full is the old max camera distance which is about 60% of the distance we had with zoom macro.
    Sad but true. I had it stuck on low by default with the patch though. Took me awhile to realize why i was stuck kissing mobs asses

is there anyway to disable the name plate personal resource buffs? let only hp / mana showing

Quote Originally Posted by Goruks View Post
    is there anyway to disable the name plate personal resource buffs? let only hp / mana showing
    If i recall.... only on Elv

I've been trying to customize it too with varying levels of success. Here's what I have so far
    thanks a lot... some did not persist but i put in addon and works great! thanks!
    Last edited by rakkarage; 2016-07-22 at 05:24 PM.