Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    "OMG LGBT people around the world are having fun, BITCH BITCH BITCH"

Seriously the whole thread is ridiculous
    Why are you bitching about strait people around the world having fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not quite sure I need a pride day. When have I been oppressed for being straight?
    That word is seriously becoming the most used word of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not quite sure I need a pride day. When have I been oppressed for being straight?
    Well you are being denied a day when the other sexual orientations get one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    You act like it's impossible. Just look at all the stupid laws passing in Europe.
    Thank you... seriously take a freaking look at sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uh-huh. I'm sure.
    So you just decided to start a pointless argument with me? k.....

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Occasionally there is, yeah. Like Mardi Gras and Carnival. Beyond that, there's the constant parade of women in and out of my bedroom. Giggity.
    I was unaware that those were celebrating heterosexuality.

15+ Year Old Account
    #proudtobebiologicallycorrect
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Pride shouldnt be the word associated with sexuality. I'm not proud i'm heterosexual, its just that I'M HETEROSEXUAL. I don't consider that to be a definition of what I am as human. I am proud that I am a regular blood doner, that I have saved life some 10 years ago. sexuality and pride just don't mix...
    Well when there are bigots who think homosexuality is a crime, sin and something to be ashamed of, I can see why'd people counter this by coming out and being proud for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I can if I ever wanted to. Black bisexual. (Even though being Bi is also a mark for insults from gays and lesbians. Hilarious.)

I'm just tired of the people talking about "Not all X" going on to say whites are responsible for black oppression. And all of them are priveleged and never faced any hardship.

The biggest irony are the idiots talking the most about being oppressed for their race/sexuality never faced that.
    Modern era blacks are not fucking oppressed.
    I, too, find it hilarious how often people who make the biggest issue of something do it for others. It's a recurring theme and those dearly love to speak in absolutes.

What's to fucking discuss? It's a dead horse vomited every summer

WHY NO STRAIGHT PRIDE

There's multiple reasons all answered here about 10x over. Crux of the issue is just bitter people throwing snarky comments presumably over jealousy as there's no other logical reason
    There seems to be more "BITCH BITCH BITCH" coming from you and the anti-HeterosexualPrideDay group, than from the one you claim.

Interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    (Even though being Bi is also a mark for insults from gays and lesbians. Hilarious.)
    You're confusing preference with insults

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    There seems to be more "BITCH BITCH BITCH" coming from you and the anti-HeterosexualPrideDay group, than from the one you claim.

Interesting.
    Probably because im bored of hearing it after so long

You're confusing preference with insults
    "You're just greedy."
    "You have to pick one."
    "You're just confused."

Yep. It was all about preference. God I hate people.

I've never been but straight people seem to enjoy the big gay parade in SF

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Laws do not have to be passed for it to be a growing trend in society. I already told you that in the 3 years that I lived in the US I had been told several times that I could not speak for certain matters because I was white. It was not a law that stated that but a group of people. And speaking a single voice in a group of 5 other people who all shared the belief that I had no say on the topic because of my skin color isn't exactly easy. Saying anything to them would also brand me as racist so there goes that as well.
    And why do you associate with people like that then? I wouldn't associate with the KKK who hates my Mexican heritage/blood and they hold no power over the law, y'know, the shit that actually matters. Gay Pride is because only just recently homosexuals gained a right that people have had forever because of who they are. And the world over homosexuals still face execution and jail time because of their lifestyle.

Obviously this was created to antagonize. Even though, it's fun to poke rabid tumblr/justice crowd so why not.

Probably because im bored of hearing it after so long
    You know you don't have to be in this thread, nor research into #HeterosexualPrideDay, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Why do you see it like that? It's not different than LGBT pride....Using the word pride is mocking in that case....
    Because of the context of LGBT Pride. The whole reason for LGBT Pride was because for many decades, being LGBT was considered shameful. Pride gave LGBT a chance for both LGBT people and non-LGBT people to see LGBT in a light that wasn't shameful. It normalized and increased acceptance. It showed the LGBT people that they weren't alone, but part of a greater community and that they didn't need to hide it.

And the results of LGBT Pride have been remarkable. Since the parades started, attitudes towards LGBT folks have changed dramatically in the US. The Pride events worked.

By contrast, heterosexuals have always been the status quo. It's considered normal, and there's no shame attached to it. By taking the name/concept of LGBT Pride and using it for heterosexuals, you're ignoring all of the reasons that LGBT Pride came to be in the first place, just for the sake of "me too-ism." It's not fighting discrimination or shame or intolerance. It's just saying, "Well they get one, so we're doing one too."

And fine. I don't really care that much, but let's not pretend that this is about improving the plight of the heterosexual or something. It's not on par with LGBT Pride because it doesn't have the problems inherent that LGBT had.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    White people shouldn't apologize for slavery. How many slave owners are alive today. I feel exactly 0 guilt for what dead people did. They made decisions I did not. The guilt is on them.
    You're right, I'm not advocating for such a thing but I'm saying it will never happen. Even if some Black people really, really wish the law could be changed in such a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    -snip-

I've never been but straight people seem to enjoy the big gay parade in SF

-snip-
    Yeah it's very popular in Houston too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Well when there are bigots who think homosexuality is a crime, sin and something to be ashamed of, I can see why'd people counter this by coming out and being proud for what they are.
    Because when you assign word "pride" to one "side" in this case LGBT it feels like mocking. That is making heterosexuals even angrier ( if you can say it like that ).