Thread: Gtx 1080

Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    An upcoming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 reference-design graphics card popped up in Hong Kong's Capital Market
    https://www.techpowerup.com/223696/n...ng-kong-market

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    An upcoming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 reference-design graphics card popped up in Hong Kong's Capital Market
    https://www.techpowerup.com/223696/n...ng-kong-market
    That's what we need, more cards that are unfindable.

Deleted
    Asus is stopping production of their 1080 Strix OC card.

I guess at some point there will be a v2, with lower clocks. Inno3D did the same with their cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Asus is stopping production of their 1080 Strix OC card.

I guess at some point there will be a v2, with lower clocks. Inno3D did the same with their cards.
    So they're having problems with the clocks causing RMA requests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Which is odd. The STRIX didn't have that crazy of an OC either. Something like 170MHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

People looking for 1080's should look at UK dealers. With the pound crashing there could be some nice deals. For instance: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForc...055463&sr=1-23

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    People looking for 1080's should look at UK dealers. With the pound crashing there could be some nice deals. For instance: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForc...055463&sr=1-23
    It's probably pretty temporary, because they still have to import those cards and importing is very expensive for the UK for the next few years if they go through with Brexit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Of course it is just one guy on reddit claiming it. But Inno3D lowered their clockspeeds, I think.
    On another forum a MSI guy reguraly posts stuff about their new cards etc (of course a bit of marketing there), but he said they test a lot of chips with different speeds and look at the fail rate. From those data they determine their clockspeeds. The MSI Gaming is actually quite a bit lower clocked compared to the Asus chip. I think most chips come stock with a boost of around 1850 MHz.

So yeah, RMA requests could be high for Asus due to the high clockspeeds and possibly bad cooling or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's probably pretty temporary, because they still have to import those cards and importing is very expensive for the UK for the next few years if they go through with Brexit.
    There is a 2 year period before they are actually out of the EU.

Of course it is just one guy on reddit claiming it. But Inno3D lowered their clockspeeds, I think.
    On another forum a MSI guy reguraly posts stuff about their new cards etc (of course a bit of marketing there), but he said they test a lot of chips with different speeds and look at the fail rate. From those data they determine their clockspeeds. The MSI Gaming is actually quite a bit lower clocked compared to the Asus chip. I think most chips come stock with a boost of around 1850 MHz.

So yeah, RMA requests could be high for Asus due to the high clockspeeds and possibly bad cooling or something like that.
    MSI cards run high than the stated clock, making the difference between cards much smaller. Sounds more like an asus issue than card related.

I wonder how they can have high RMA requests if there are none in shops?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    MSI cards run high than the stated clock, making the difference between cards much smaller. Sounds more like an asus issue than card related.
    That has been the case since the 6xx series for Nvidia cards. Does not change the fact that MSI has a reported stock speed that is lower than that of the Asus card.

7+ Year Old Account
    According to Benchlife, GeForce GTX 1060 may arrive sooner than previous expected. The rumors were that Pascal GP106-based graphics card would arrive around August. However the latest information suggest that actual launch will take place next week, on July 7th. Card will go on sale a week later on July 14th, so just when custom Radeon RX 480 cards were expected to hit the stores.
    http://videocardz.com/61583/nvidia-g...ed-on-july-7th

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my 1080, really happy with it fallout 4 1440p 100 mods(not exagrating) constant 60 fps :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Got my 1080, really happy with it fallout 4 1440p 100 mods(not exagrating) constant 60 fps :S
    Are there even 100 mods out for Fallout 4 yet? I didn't think Bethesda released the construction set yet.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Are there even 100 mods out for Fallout 4 yet? I didn't think Bethesda released the construction set yet.
    No idea, just using nexus mods atm :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No idea, just using nexus mods atm :/

Dear god! I have like 13 mods installed, Jebus.

nVidia rushing the 1060 to market because of the 480 launch? That went really well for the 1080 launch. After a month you can still hardly buy them, and the few that make it to shops get snapped up in seconds because the supply is so low.

Hopefully the supply goes up a bit more for the 1080's, I'd like to pick one up but I'm in no rush right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Dear god! I have like 13 mods installed, Jebus.
    Yeah 97 is a pretty solid number haha. I only have 62 mods for Skyrim at one time, and my game looks beyond sexual. It actually looks better right now than the new updated Skyrim bethesda announced haha.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE