Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If the environment is your concern then you better: stop driving, stop using paper, convert your entire house to solar power, stop buying things from amazon, stop buying things from anywhere (trucking industry), stop eating things grown on farms (gardening equipment is responsible for tons of emissions).

You don't get to pick and choose your crusades. All or nothing!
    Solar power? You knwo the sun is burning up, that's a limited resource. We need the sun to live. How can you be so irresponsible?

Because some people just want to watch the world burn and don't care about anything or anyone else.

Deleted
    Some of you people are such ignorant people, most act like they even understand nutrition and others put no thought behind this at all. I'm not a vegan but it's sad how you guys say things without any compassion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Vegans are condescending asshats who think they are somehow superior because they don't eat meat.

And they act like people care that they are vegan. Know how can you tell somebody is a vegan? Don't worry, they will fcken tell you.

My sister made this chocolate cake recipe she found that just happened to be vegan and its probably one of the best cakes I've ever had. Stuffs good.

But yeah, no desire to be would be the answer?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because vegans are arrogant douchebags, that is why. Also, screw your environmentally disrespectful lifestyle, how does it feel knowing half of your shitty food comes from another part of the world while I source my meat locally? Yeah, that's right, I'm more hipster than you are cause I buy and eat local. Enjoy eating almonds and constantly getting sick due to a lack of protein and vitamins that don't come from pills.

Also, because being an omnivore has been the most constant of all lifestyles over the course of history, and meat eaters were always the most dominant creatures.
    This comment is so dumb, you react in such a ridiculous way and then call vegans arrogant? My gf and most of her family are vegan, they're healthier than most people in this thread. Also ''lack of protein'' please go back to school

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Some of you people are such ignorant people, most act like they even understand nutrition and others put no thought behind this at all. I'm not a vegan but it's sad how you guys say things without any compassion.
    Probably because anyone trying to self-righteously tell you how to live is a douchebag.
    Guess who are about the only people that do that?

Deleted
    OP:

You do you, i do me, okay?

no fucking need to "why arent you vegan yet?" kind of bullshit.

i eat whatever the hell i want, and you eat whatever the hell you want.

Simple yes?

Anyway, that is my 0.10.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think someone is confused what the greenhouse effect is. You do realize that the greenhouse effect directly relates to the inability for excess light rays to escape out atmosphere due to gasses reflecting them back towards earth. How does raising animals and slaughtering them produce greenhouse gasses?

Also meat is delicious and yummy. Also stop eating my foods food all to sate your kale appetite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Probably because anyone trying to self-righteously tell you how to live is a douchebag.
    Guess who are about the only people that do that?
    Meat eaters constantly go on about how vegans are silly, how a vegan mountain climber dying had it coming because of veganism, how 'hehe bacon'. But sure, vegans are the ones being in your face

Meat eaters constantly go on about how vegans are silly, how a vegan mountain climber dying had it coming because of veganism, how 'hehe bacon'. But sure, vegans are the ones being in your face
    "Meat eaters" - aka normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It doesn't work that way, i never demanded we radically reduce human population, HOMIE.
    And I never suggested a mass killing or suicide. What's your point?
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    OP:

Simple yes?

Anyway, that is my 0.10.
    Whoa calm down there alpha male

Even if someone was thinking about switching, I'm sure the majority of people automatically tuned you out when you began being condescending from the very first sentence. Not only that, how can you expect people to consider switching when you've listed absolutely no personal benefits of being a vegan other than there being "plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants". You're rude and you need to work on your social skills.

On topic: I'm not vegan but most of my intake is fish, poultry, fruits, grains, nuts, and veggies. Very rarely do I have dairy and red meat; absolutely no pork. One day I'd like to try incorporating insects into my diet. Sounds disgusting and weird but edible insects have 3 - 5x more protein in them than meat. They're very low on calories too. Having a healthier lifestyle is difficult to adjust to at first but you have more energy, your skin looks nicer, and your immune system is great. I haven't had a cold in years.
    Last edited by InventiveMeasures; 2016-06-29 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    And I never suggested a mass killing or suicide. What's your point?
    Then how would you lower the population? One child policy? Fat chance.

What goes around comes around.
    And no, you started this. We wouldn't even know about you if you didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    "Meat eaters" - aka normal people.

Normal people also die from heart diseases from all the meat they eat, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    OP:

Simple yes?

Anyway, that is my 0.10.
    Sure. From now on i will never ever mention anything related to vegans.

We need to kill the animals that are eating the plants. Plants need to survive to reduce CO2. We should eat more meat!

Normal people also die from heart diseases from all the meat they eat, lol.
    And vegans are immune to heart diseases!

I consider a Vegan lifestyle to be a luxury. Where there is "plenty," the Vegan eschews it in favor of personal principle, and enough Vegans preach the way without having made much headway in terms of bringing Vegan options to the masses. There are not plenty of Vegan options for eating on autopilot. I am aware of a single Vegan restaurant chain in my city, with two locations. There are doubtless more, but I only know of one. My town takes up to 2 hours to cross. The closest Vegan eatery I am aware of is 45 minutes away. While they are not ridiculously expensive, they are also not the dirt cheap option the junk food peddlers are. They are not convenient. Their menu is extremely limited as far as regional dishes go (this one mimics Chinese and Japanese food, primarily).

There are a great variety of Vegetarian options, but those are also in an extreme minority.

If begin Vegan matters to you, it's going to be on the Vegan community to make that lifestyle appealing to the masses. Guilting people is not working. Threatening people is not working. Cornering people is not working. It needs to be a choice. It can be an unconscious choice, but it still needs to be a choice. Make it an easy, delicious, affordable choice, and we can all be happy with the less blatant destruction of animal life together.

Slightly related, at least one big name Chicken operation has officially announced plans to stop murdering male chicks over the next several years.
    Veal isn't a particularly popular ingredient for the day-to-day person (I've knowingly eaten it once, it didn't strike me as particularly different or appealing).
    I'll never understand why the slaughter of animals ranks higher than the slaughter of plants as far as empathy goes.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig