Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

People wait 5 hours for a 5 minute ride.

Source; http://www.marketwatch.com/story/peo...ide-2016-06-28

Cliff Notes: People wait in line 5 hours for Disney’s 5-minute Frozen ride

So half of me is like, "Whatever, people are free to do what they want". The other half of me thinks not so nice things.

So you get in the car with your 3 year old daughter and put Frozen on for her to watch and she watches 6 times on the drive to Disney Land, then you wait 5 hours to go on the Frozen ride, and then listen to Frozen 6 more times on the way back home.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

So half of me is like, "Whatever, people are free to do what they want". The other half of me thinks not so nice things.
    My father took me to Disney world as a kid, I hated it, all we did was stand in line, I had more fun at the Hotel Pool

Have you ever been to/heard accounts of amusement parks?

This is how they operate.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Have you ever been to/heard accounts of amusement parks?

This is how they operate.
    I have vague memories as a kid going to those places, I don't remember that kind of waiting around. Then again this was all the way back in the 80's so my memory could be lying to me.

But like a previous poster said, it always seems like at the end of the day its not very fun for the kids and these places are more like badges of honor for the parents.

This year my family are taking a small day trip up to Atlanta to visit the Coke Cola Factory. It was pretty neat when I was a kid, I wonder how much it has changed.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-29 at 06:20 PM.

Just let it go...

You skip the part where those lines are outside in the 90 degree weather with the Humidity. So what are you saying? that you're not MAN enough to stand in 90 degree weather with 90% humidity for 5 hours? We have a word for that around here.

You're never alone if you're in a line.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You're never alone if you're in a line.
    I can literally smell the BO from here... lol

Deleted
    My youngest had been pleading to go to an adventure park for months after seeing one on kids' TV.

Our polling station for the recent referendum was in a local primary school. He got to play on all their climbing frames and slides for ten minutes and now thinks he has been! Bargain!

Moral dilemma : whether to inform him that wasn't where he went. Or happily dodge the bullet and deal with it when he realises? Also fairly sure his sister fully gets what happened and is just waiting to drop the bomb for maximum effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When the family and I plan our Disney World trip next year, we'll definitely be buying those gold tickets to get you bumped ahead of the lines. I'd have no patience for standing out in the Florida sun for hours just for a short ride. It will be worth the money.
    Totally worth the money. Once you do this, there is no going back.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Moral dilemma : whether to inform him that wasn't where he went. Or happily dodge the bullet and deal with it when he realises? Also fairly sure his sister fully gets what happened and is just waiting to drop the bomb for maximum effect.
    I really hope you let us know how this ends

I can literally smell the BO from here... lol
    This is why you want to skip lines with Fast Passes or the equivalent.
    Last edited by Drakpower; 2016-06-29 at 06:42 PM.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Deleted
    I really don't see the problem if they think it's worth it.

I think the longest I waited in line for a short ride was like an hour to ride the Mamba at Worlds of Fun in Kanas City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    My father took me to Disney world as a kid, I hated it, all we did was stand in line, I had more fun at the Hotel Pool
    We had that problem, but then i realized that we could have gone earlier to the ride, get a ticket to ride it at X time so we could walk around and just walk back to the attraction at the time market on the ticket

god I feel bad for the parents that had to sit there and be deafened by the shitty music. but that is what you get when you want to go on a Disneyland ride, wait a few hours or so and be out of there in less then 10 mins. glad that this ride will take up all of the annoying children's time so the good rides will have quicker lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When the family and I plan our Disney World trip next year, we'll definitely be buying those gold tickets to get you bumped ahead of the lines. I'd have no patience for standing out in the Florida sun for hours just for a short ride. It will be worth the money.
    Until everyone else does the same thing and the gold pass ticket holder line is 2 hours long. Disney sucks anyway. They have no rides for adults. Id much rather go to an actual amusement park like Cedar Point where they have fun rides instead of teacups, slow boats, and merry go rounds

When I was a kid I remember waiting in like for 3 hours at Universal studios to go on the back to the future ride.... it wasn't even really a ride, you sat in a car that had strategically placed TV screens so it looked like you were driving through time and shit. The ride lasted about 3 minutes, and it was cool.... but that was a VERY long 3 hours lol.

I wasn't aware that Disney allowed you to buy passes that let you cut to the front of the line. I'll be honest I'd be pretty pissed off if I just waited 5 hours in line and now people with those golden passes get to cut in front of me lol.

But Tangled was a better movie...

Wait, it's a 5 minute ride? That's pretty worth, most of Disneyland's rides clock in under that and have lines sometimes just as long.
    For reference, Indiana Jones is 3 minutes and I've seen that line at 4 hours long before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think the longest I waited in line for a short ride was like an hour to ride the Mamba at Worlds of Fun in Kanas City.
    Did you enjoy it? I love riding the Mamba, but I don't think I would wait an hour for it. Then again, I don't visit amusement parks on the weekends to avoid the line.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2