Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Until everyone else does the same thing and the gold pass ticket holder line is 2 hours long. Disney sucks anyway. They have no rides for adults. Id much rather go to an actual amusement park like Cedar Point where they have fun rides instead of teacups, slow boats, and merry go rounds
    I guess it could happen, but it will never happen.
    MOST people are not willing to spend 100-200 dollars extra a person to get fast passes

This is why I like non-Disney parks, when I lived in Tampa, we had passes to Busch Gardens, we'd hit the off days and get right on the rides.

I guarantee non of the people waiting 5 hours are local. Disney is a once in a lifetime experience for a lot of people, hence waiting in line for 5 hours. That's still a dumb amount of waiting time though

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Did you enjoy it? I love riding the Mamba, but I don't think I would wait an hour for it. Then again, I don't visit amusement parks on the weekends to avoid the line.
    Yeah it was fun. I was younger, so I probably enjoyed it more than I would now. I think I was in 6th grade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Waiting that long for some pointless crap like a ride is incomprehensible to me. I have always hated amusement parks. Too crowded. I remember when i was 7 or 8 my parents asking me ( sometime in January I think) if i'd like to go to Disney in Florida that summer. I think my reply was " Stupid Mickey Mouse baby crap. No." I think we went to St Louis to visit an old friend of dad's from the Corps. Boring as f there too. Had to sit through a Cardinals game. Baseball is soooooooooo sloooooooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So you get in the car with your 3 year old daughter and put Frozen on for her to watch and she watches 6 times on the drive to Disney Land, then you wait 5 hours to go on the Frozen ride, and then listen to Frozen 6 more times on the way back home.
    Sounds about right to me

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source; http://www.marketwatch.com/story/peo...ide-2016-06-28

Cliff Notes: People wait in line 5 hours for Disney’s 5-minute Frozen ride

So half of me is like, "Whatever, people are free to do what they want". The other half of me thinks not so nice things.
    Those people didn't purchase a fast pass

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been to Disney land, do they have the "express" passes that cost an arm and a leg like Six Flags does?

10+ Year Old Account
    I waited 4 hours in line for Kingda Ka at Six Flags. Totally fucking worth it. It was when it first opened too. After that I never got to go on it again because every time I came back to the park the thing was always down for maintenance. Sucks.

I've yet to see Frozen! Living the dream of having no kids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I've never been to Disney land, do they have the "express" passes that cost an arm and a leg like Six Flags does?
    Disney WORLD did, they were worth every dollar too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You skip the part where those lines are outside in the 90 degree weather with the Humidity. So what are you saying? that you're not MAN enough to stand in 90 degree weather with 90% humidity for 5 hours? We have a word for that around here.
    "Sensible"?

If they think it's worth it, why get your trousers in a bunch...?
    I'm just happy no one's forcing ME to go to that place.

Also, Zootopia fans >>>>>>>>>>>> Frozen fans when it comes to obnoxious levels. "It's not Zootopia, thus it's a shit animated film!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I've yet to see Frozen! Living the dream of having no kids

- - - Updated - - -

Disney WORLD did, they were worth every dollar too.
    Disneyland does too. First time I went as a kid, we had a family friend that worked there or something. We ended up getting the fast passes for nothing or close to nothing. It was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If they think it's worth it, why get your trousers in a bunch...?
    I'm just happy no one's forcing ME to go to that place.

Also, Zootopia fans >>>>>>>>>>>> Frozen fans when it comes to obnoxious levels. "It's not Zootopia, thus it's a shit animated film!!"
    The fact that adults are fanboying over cartoons made for kids disturbs me tbh. I guess Disney is ok, Bronies took it to an obnoxious level.

And every time Apple release a new iPhone/iPad there are people that will camp overnight to be the first in line to get it.

Black Friday/Boxing Day sales have people lining up many hours before the stores open just to get the best deals on cheap junk. Sometimes run over each other just to be the first in.

Come August 30th many of us are going to be queued to get onto our WoW server...just to experience all the same expansion day/week chaos that hits us every single time.

People like to queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The fact that adults are fanboying over cartoons made for kids disturbs me tbh. I guess Disney is ok, Bronies took it to an obnoxious level.
    "Made for kids" could apply to games as well. Last time I checked, WoW is 12+.
    I don't have a problem with people loving innocent things in general but I do mind when rabid fans of something dismiss something else by default because it's not part of what they already like so much...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When the family and I plan our Disney World trip next year, we'll definitely be buying those gold tickets to get you bumped ahead of the lines. I'd have no patience for standing out in the Florida sun for hours just for a short ride. It will be worth the money.
    Half the problem is they don't have a daily cap on park entrance numbers, if they did that, it would make ride times a lot more bearable. Honestly, I have never been in a line for a ride for more than 20 minutes, and there are so many good amusement parks in Florida besides overrated as fuck Disney. Between Epcot Center, Universal Studios and Bush Gardens alone, there is plenty to do for families. I went to Bush Gardens a few times when I was a kid and loved it, Universal is awesome if your kids are like 10 years or older in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    This is why I like non-Disney parks, when I lived in Tampa, we had passes to Busch Gardens, we'd hit the off days and get right on the rides.
    I always go on a cloudy weekday during school time (like the middle of september) when I go to Amusement parks. I rarely wait more than 10 minutes to ride anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    I guarantee non of the people waiting 5 hours are local. Disney is a once in a lifetime experience for a lot of people, hence waiting in line for 5 hours. That's still a dumb amount of waiting time though
    Especially when the park is only open for 14 hours max You pay $100 for a day pass and spend over a third of the time the park is open in line for ONE ride. Thats such a waste of money and time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Waiting that long for some pointless crap like a ride is incomprehensible to me. I have always hated amusement parks. Too crowded. I remember when i was 7 or 8 my parents asking me ( sometime in January I think) if i'd like to go to Disney in Florida that summer. I think my reply was " Stupid Mickey Mouse baby crap. No." I think we went to St Louis to visit an old friend of dad's from the Corps. Boring as f there too. Had to sit through a Cardinals game. Baseball is soooooooooo sloooooooooow.
    But the baseball game was still shorter than the amount of time these people waited in line for a 3 minute ride

Sounds like when me and my wife went to Rio de Janeiro. 6 hours in the 40 degree Rio weather waiting in line to see Christ the Redeemer, spent 5 minutes up there because could barely move it was so packed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And every time Apple release a new iPhone/iPad there are people that will camp overnight to be the first in line to get it.

Black Friday/Boxing Day sales have people lining up many hours before the stores open just to get the best deals on cheap junk. Sometimes run over each other just to be the first in.

Come August 30th many of us are going to be queued to get onto our WoW server...just to experience all the same expansion day/week chaos that hits us every single time.

People like to queue.
    Yeah, those people are idiots. They could have worked on black friday instead of taking off work and the money they would have made working would have been much greater than the money they save buying a no name TV from China (Sceptre, Hisense, etc..) that will break in 6 months