15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I usually wait until the season is over and then binge watch the entire 12/13 ep anime in 2 or 3 days at a time.

Now that the Spring season is over, which Spring 16 releases were your favorites and why?

I started watching Netoge yesterday and I'm on ep 5 now. It's OK.
    Flying Witch, Re:Zero, Space Patrol Luluco, and Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge are probably the most popular, at least in this thread.

I know Boku no Hero Academia is fairly popular too but I don't like it. I've also heard good things about Joker Game from people who didn't drop it.

Kuma Miko and Sakamoto desu ga are both decent comedies.

If you want to watch some trainwrecks, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri and Mayoiga are some options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Don't worry, guys. There is no skill involved in Overwatch anyway.
    1v1 me genji on hanamura no cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Flying Witch, Re:Zero, Space Patrol Luluco, and Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge are probably the most popular, at least in this thread.

I know Boku no Hero Academia is fairly popular too but I don't like it. I've also heard good things about Joker Game from people who didn't drop it.

Kuma Miko and Sakamoto desu ga are both decent comedies.

If you want to watch some trainwrecks, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri and Mayoiga are some options.
    I believe Re:Zero is a 24 or 26 ep anime, so probably won't start on that one until end of Summer. I'll look into Space Patrol Luluco, never heard of it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, he definitely gets better. The anime should adapt arc 3 in full and then end, which should show some decent enough character progression.
    Gud. I shall continue then without complaints, since it serves a purpose then.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I believe Re:Zero is a 24 or 26 ep anime, so probably won't start on that one until end of Summer. I'll look into Space Patrol Luluco, never heard of it.
    Luluco's episodes are like, 7 minutes long, so it's hard to find a reason to not try it at least honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Luluco's episodes are like, 7 minutes long, so it's hard to find a reason to not try it at least honestly.
    Disliking Trigger would be a perfect one, because that entire thing is Trigger outTriggering Trigger in a narcissistic masturbation fest.

Still complain if you want lol You don't have to just silently scream about it until it gets better xD He does get annoying.
    It's like, just up until the last episode he was alright to me, but then when he started screaming at Emilia about how she really owes him so much after saying how he owes her more than she can imagine it started to get like whiny baby kinda to me, but like, I get it's also a more human reaction than most animes get.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Disliking Trigger would be a perfect one, because that entire thing is Trigger outTriggering Trigger in a narcissistic masturbation fest.
    This is my trigger.

Which my first post in here was a trigger joke but that was apparently taken as me talking about the Trigger studio or whatever

I think people blow this out of proportion. I can understand why someone wouldn't really like him, but all the hate-bonering is a bit ridiculous.
    It's probably because, at least to me, he's pretty unique as a main character, in that he's been basically completely useless aside from providing information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Whoa, what. Even after an anime original ending? People were more expecting a redo of the first season, but this is going to be great.

It's probably because, at least to me, he's pretty unique as a main character, in that he's been basically completely useless aside from providing information.
    You've got to keep in mind the entire impetus of that end of episode rant he has. He has been anything but useless. He's saved numerous people and made sure things turn out in a positive way, but he's not rewarded for any of it. He turns away the rewards he could have had because of his emotional ties, which may not match up with those who haven't experienced all the pain and anguish he's been through. He can't make them understand his predicament, instead he can only imply that he's made a difference.

It is irksome as to how much of a dickhead he acts like in general, trying to keep others in high spirits and making himself look like a fool, but he's anything except useless. He's more a twist on the general shounen trope, where the MC will often make declarations and bullheaded choices, that should go wrong and get him laughed at, except plot armor will protect them normally. Instead, here, we see that he has the least protection. Not getting himself killed before passing out also now means that he has to live with his stupidity and mistakes with Emilia's trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Whoa, what. Even after an anime original ending? People were more expecting a redo of the first season, but this is going to be great.
    Hopefully they Blue Exorcist:Brotherhood it and just recap the first season, completely bypassing the ending and carrying on down the manga's path.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like, just up until the last episode he was alright to me, but then when he started screaming at Emilia about how she really owes him so much after saying how he owes her more than she can imagine it started to get like whiny baby kinda to me, but like, I get it's also a more human reaction than most animes get.
    I actually enjoyed that part more than the outburst when everyone was bad-naming emilia + him saying "he's her knight", when in this world she doesn't know that he did much more besides: 1. trying to get the insignia back for her to prevent her death (but needing to be saved by multiple people anyway), and then 2. happening to find the cause of what would be a significant disadvantage in the upcoming game of thrones (sorry for the bad pun had to).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Not getting himself killed before passing out also now means that he has to live with his stupidity and mistakes with Emilia's trust.
    re-zero: couldn't his future death (if he has one?) push him to the initial day like it did for mansion arc though? is at least my thought...though maybe the next day will be the "beginning" just so he can learn he can't just change every single thing
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    re-zero: couldn't his future death (if he has one?) push him to the initial day like it did for mansion arc though? is at least my thought...though maybe the next day will be the "beginning" just so he can learn he can't just change every single thing
    Ah, but with the mansion arc He re-awakes on his second day, after having been knocked out by Beatrice on his first day there. The difference seems to be that any knock out/death results in a save or reset. UnifiedDivide may be able to clarify for us though, I'm only current on the manga, not the LN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, but with the mansion arc He re-awakes on his second day, after having been knocked out by Beatrice on his first day there. The difference seems to be that any knock out/death results in a save or reset. UnifiedDivide may be able to clarify for us though, I'm only current on the manga, not the LN.
    Still that would mean he'll reset right before he "outbursts" at emilia and reconcile sorta? I'll just hope for the worst because I'm a bad person.
    [CENTER]

Most MCs are like that, actually.
    Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spot, I'm used to seeing the MC usually be pretty useful at the start, and becoming OP by the end.

You've got to keep in mind the entire impetus of that end of episode rant he has. He has been anything but useless. He's saved numerous people and made sure things turn out in a positive way, but he's not rewarded for any of it. He turns away the rewards he could have had because of his emotional ties, which may not match up with those who haven't experienced all the pain and anguish he's been through. He can't make them understand his predicament, instead he can only imply that he's made a difference.

It is irksome as to how much of a dickhead he acts like in general, trying to keep others in high spirits and making himself look like a fool, but he's anything except useless. He's more a twist on the general shounen trope, where the MC will often make declarations and bullheaded choices, that should go wrong and get him laughed at, except plot armor will protect them normally. Instead, here, we see that he has the least protection. Not getting himself killed before passing out also now means that he has to live with his stupidity and mistakes with Emilia's trust.

But that's what I meant, aside from him knowing what comes next and trying his best to affect that, it's always someone else fulfilling that for him, it's always someone else catching on and fighting for him. He tries, sure, but he usually fails and someone else comes by and cleans it up.
    I personally have no issue with that, but I can understand where people would be getting frustrated seeing that. They could of at least had him do something a bit more.

Think about what he has had to go through, had to see. How would you behave when you're constantly dying or trying to save your friends or watching those friends die along with you, feeling the pain of death so many times? He effectively just snapped because all he wants is to be with Emilia, to make sure she's going to be ok and, because he can't tell her about everything he's gone through just for her, she can only go based on the one continuous stream of time and so knows very little of what Subaru has lived through. So to him, that can be quite ungrateful when he snaps/is pissed off. He knows she only knows a small portion of events but, eventually, anyone would snap.

That feels like ramblings but, it made sense to me, at least lol

And as ever, Shinzai explains something far better than I could
    That's what I meant though by it being a human response. But it's like, he admitted in the past he basically just helps other people find the issue, and let them handle it, in a way it kinda feels like he forgot that during the outburst that for every thing he has done, usually someone else is helping/doing it for him.

I actually enjoyed that part more than the outburst when everyone was bad-naming emilia + him saying "he's her knight", when in this world she doesn't know that he did much more besides: 1. trying to get the insignia back for her to prevent her death (but needing to be saved by multiple people anyway), and then 2. happening to find the cause of what would be a significant disadvantage in the upcoming game of thrones (sorry for the bad pun had to).
    I didn't understand why he just stood there kinda flabbergasted that anyone would question him

ALSO I PROBABLY DIDN'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING REALLY WELL, I suck at responding to multiple messages dissecting mine

Still that would mean he'll reset right before he "outbursts" at emilia and reconcile sorta? I'll just hope for the worst because I'm a bad person.
    Yeah, that is a definite possibility. If nothing else, he just made an idiot of himself and took a beating if he can make use of that reset point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't understand why he just stood there kinda flabbergasted that anyone would question him

ALSO I PROBABLY DIDN'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING REALLY WELL, I suck at responding to multiple messages dissecting mine
    Probably because of the fact that he can't really tell people about rebirth by death thing, so it's not like "I prevented emilia from getting killed, which would mean losing a candidate!" and saying he prevented tragedy in roswall's territory, which would've severely impacted her initial standing. So like you already said, just different wording from us "nearly useless, just has almost perfect information / guessing skills compared to others"
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Arslan OVA is out.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Emilia-tan has had enough of Subaru's shit. She putting her foot down finally.

In terms of clarification, there is a joke that his "checkpoint" updates when an old man is around/involved. From what I remember, his checkpoint is now returning back to the apple stall after his fight with Julius. There are a number of things that happen before he next dies, though.

You folks will also soon learn why Rem is best!
    You mean Rem isn't the best already?

Oh my, someone with good taste? Such a rarity for this thread.
    Rem has always been best.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, what is going on right now. I can't take two displays of good taste in a row. I feel overwhelmed!
    emilia > ram > felt > other candidates (can't remember them well enough yet)> rem hope that helps
    Last edited by Suicidal Panda; 2016-06-29 at 08:35 PM.
    [CENTER]

Probably because of the fact that he can't really tell people about rebirth by death thing, so it's not like "I prevented emilia from getting killed, which would mean losing a candidate!" and saying he prevented tragedy in roswall's territory, which would've severely impacted her initial standing. So like you already said, just different wording from us "nearly useless, just has almost perfect information / guessing skills compared to others"
    True, but I still thought he could of said just a bit more than "Because I want to" basically.

Oh my, someone with good taste? Such a rarity for this thread.
    Are there people who don't think she's the best?

I mean, I could see the argument maybe for Ram or Puck, but past that, hm....

emilia > ram > felt > other candidates (can't remember them well enough yet)> ram hope that helps
    Can't tell if dislikes Ram or likes Ram.