Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I had a game where one player kept saying we don't need 2 snipers and for one person to switch. We did more more offense for more damage. I was playing Hanzo since the start of the match and a new player came in and picked Widowmaker. He said since he just joined he should stay as WM. 1) That's the exact opposite of what you do. You join and can see we have a Hanzo. You don't pick WM. 2) I was killing it as Hanzo. I usually do okay but I was doing very well. 3) He was awful as WM. But he refused to switch. If I switched, he was doing a poor job of taking care of turrets so my extra damage would be spent killing turrets instead of players and I was already doing both as Hanzo.
    You could have switched to Pharah and continued to do a fine job against turrets? I mean, I get that backfilling in to a role that's taken is often counter productive, but it depends on the map, the other team, and the player themselves. I've won plenty of Attack matches with 2 snipers, and with stupid compositions like 2 Torbjorns or 2 Bastions on offence; or 5 D.Vas... So it really doesn't bother me what people come in to the game as any more.

It's more how they play that gets to me; and standing-off or trying to make a slow walk in on Attack; or not contesting on Defence annoy me more than anything.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-29 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yep. And I would rather put my team at a disadvantage that play a healer that is NOT FUCKING REMOTELY FUN TO PLAY. Are you new to video games or something? I thought most people knew that the actual point of video games is for the players to have fun, but that fact seems to have eluded you. My time isn't unlimited, I play other games, I work, I read, I go out with friends...why should I spend my money to buy a game, then spend the limited time I have to play that game not having fun so YOU can be happy? You want a healer so badly? Well, feel free to pick one and show everyone how versatile you are. Me, I'm not gonna pick one. The other roles, yeah, I can swap between them(doesn't necessarily mean I will, but there are at least characters I enjoy in all 3 roles so it's possible), but I'm not playing a healer, at least, not any of the ones currently in game. I likewise won't play a healer in WoW, and I won't play one in HotS either(unless my daily is play 3x support, and even in that case I will STILL not play Uther or Morales).

Also, there actually IS a game mode exactly for people like that(although, I wasn't the one whining about people not making the right picks, that was YOU, bro)...it's the one you're bitching about, in fact.
    As I said you seem lovely.. Just another selfish person who think he matters more than 5 others.. I've played video games for 25 years, I understand when buying a TEAM game I will need to play as part of a team, I also understand if I am a selfish prick who only wants to "enjoy himself" I'd buy a SINGE PLAYER game.

Try chess kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Use humor to deal with it, also set the option "avoid this player" when you run across a player you want to avoid. You can pull the menu up in match with P, just right-click the name and the option is there (the opposite is also available if you have run across people you like playing with).
    You cannot avoid players anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    As I said you seem lovely.. Just another selfish person who think he matters more than 5 others.. I've played video games for 25 years, I understand when buying a TEAM game I will need to play as part of a team, I also understand if I am a selfish prick who only wants to "enjoy himself" I'd buy a SINGE PLAYER game.

Try chess kid.
    It's pointless. There is no point. You won't get "through" to them.

For current generation of gamers there is no divide between single and multi player. They think it's the same - hence posts like "fuck other people in the team". They want fun and they want it now.

Any learning curve that is actually a "curve" is now considered bad and "pointless" obstacle. Everything needs to be overly streamlined, accessible and flattened.

The old days are gone. And I think we need to face the fact that they may not come back - ever. Shame that a game from 2015/2016 has less depth than a game from 1999. Graphics getting better, but mechanics are getting botched. We are moving, but I can't call it a progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    It's pointless. There is no point. You won't get "through" to them.

For current generation of gamers there is no divide between single and multi player. They think it's the same - hence posts like "fuck other people in the team". They want fun and they want it now.

Any learning curve that is actually a "curve" is now considered bad and "pointless" obstacle. Everything needs to be overly streamlined, accessible and flattened.

The old days are gone. And I think we need to face the fact that they may not come back - ever. Shame that a game from 2015/2016 has less depth than a game from 1999. Graphics getting better, but mechanics are getting botched. We are moving, but I can't call it a progress.
    Oh come on, Graphics over Gameplay wasn't new even back then.

Until blizzard releases Team death match, Free for all and Capture the flag, you're going to get players who just want to kill people, run around and do whatever they feel like.

If you dislike this, Play with a premade team or wait for ranked where objectives actually matter.

So far, Winning in quick-play is a 600(?) xp advantage. that's IT, unless you're really getting riled up that your stats are bad, which can also be solved by playing in a premade... that is if you're not actually the cause of your team losing often.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    They test my patience to the limit. I often have to stop playing because I get some games in a row, where there's one or more players that stubbornly refuse to do anything with the team. They don't change their picks. They don't play with the team. They don't listen to communication. They don't communicate themselves, until the end of the game where they'll just insult you.

When and where, did it become acceptable for peoples selfishness and ignorance to be more important, even DEFENDED, rather than the enjoyment and effort of the team as a whole? People loudly and aggressively defend themselves not giving a shit about their team and even say it's their RIGHT to do so. I just can't understand this kind of absolute arrogance and selfishness.

I sincerely doubt ranked play will remedy this is in the slightest, as people tend to be even more ignorant and above all elitists in ranked modes in any game, and thus anything they do is above reproach.
    I really, really wish Blizzard would adress this somehow. Make people watch some instructional videos that can't be skipped, or something like that. Force people to at the very least, watch videos that instruct them about teamwork and the importance of coordination.
    But worst of all, is that you will get punished if you don't stick through the entire game with one or more people like that on your team. You get punished for their ignorance, just because you don't tolerate them. I understand that leaving a game and putting some other poor bastard into it instead of yourself isn't good, but that really isn't my fault. It's the fault of the players that are so bad, so ignorant, so selfish and even toxic, that I feel forced to leave.

What does Blizzard do about that? Nothing, nothing at all. They keep punishing the innocent as if that'll fix the problem.
    Like with many things in the real world, education is the solution. Present information in a proper way that cannot be avoided, test the player and make sure they understand it.
    Personally, I would love to see a system where one can report people for trolling and non-cooperation, but I realize that is an impossible dream. I fear that the reason that would never happen, is because it's too much effort and it would inconvenience the casual, non-commited audience of the game.
    It makes me sad, because this is a really good game and when teams actually work, it's very enjoyable.
    100% agree.
    Worst part of this. Now with competitive mode they are also there. And they are pulling you, me and other people down.
    There will be people saying: they get to play the game like they will....Yup, but if you play a sport and you play it badly you will get benched. And if you grieve by throwing matches you are just sad.

People will also say, this is overwatch. I do not agree with this. Its a team game so you fight as a team. If you want solo shooter get CoD or battlefield. Or they can pick what they want. Tell me what is the fun in playing a offense bastion that has less kills as a mercy??? There are allot of hero's so i do not believe there is only 1 hero that you like/can play. And if you play competitive its like playing arena's or ranked. You bring your a game.

If have seen weird things, weird hero picks, fighting against pharah and junkrat and then huddle up so they are easy to kill. If you play ranked you should know how to play this game, chance hero's, work as a team, do not be selfish ( yeah i want to play hanzo, mcree to but i am killing it as mei, roadhog, reinhard and the healers so i play those for the team).

So play unranked if you want to have fun. and stay out of competitive.
    Otherwise bring your A game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post

Try chess kid.
    i praise you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I thought most people knew that the actual point of video games is for the players to have fun,
    The purpose of competitive video games is to compete against other players with the intent of beating them at said game. If you want to have fun failing at video games you should probably try out mario or something similar where your "fun" doesn't ruin other people's experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    We can only hope and pray that will be the case , can't wait to get rid of these mouth breathers and on social/not communicating ass hats.
    Yep, my guess is that we will have to deal with people think they are the second coming or something instead. Not being able to accept being outplayed instead getting wild on voice ip flaming everyone they think is guilty

But i take that every day of the week over people sitting with their damn hanzo 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    You're being a little harsh here. Its a team orientated game and as such one would expect people to play as a team.
    Sorry but it hasn't been like that in a while. Not going to weigh in on this topic since I knew this kind of shit would happen and I don't feel like dealing with it on both CS and OW, but nobody should expect team play in a team game while solo queing.

There's always going to be trolls, new people who don't know what to do, ignorant assholes, etc. You can get really lucky and get a good cooperative team as well but it's a random chance and it's worked this way for a while. It's annoying but the past 10-15 years of FPS and team style games gave everyone enough evidence that this would happen.

Solution is to que with friends or endure the solo que.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You don't get to determine how other people play the game they paid for.
    In a team game where it impacts you, yes, you do. I get that everyone gets a consolation prize in the US and anyone below 25 has grown up getting gold stars for trying, but it's getting to the point where the selfishness is actively making you a worse person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No, you don't.

What's amazing to me is the arrogance some people have. You'l notice how eager some people are to declare that THEY get the right to determine how other people should play, because ostensibly they're the ones that know what's best. No one else gets to tell THEM what to do, though.

"If your team just did their job, the game would be way more better and you could actually rank up. But they're all scrubs, so you can't trust them. The only logical course of action is: you gotta carry them. But, they say they're gonna carry you, because they don't trust you! But you're the one that actually knows what to do and they don't but they don't realize it because they're so bad at the game!"
    Considering there is.. ekhem "competitive" mode now this problem should be lees of an issue. But no matter what game mode the questions still remain: fuck other people in the team or not? Who'se $ has more worth, yours or the other team members? Does helping your team can cause cancer? How to deal with agonising pain of switching heroes? Is OW a multiplayer game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering there is.. ekhem "competitive" mode now this problem should be lees of an issue. But no matter what game mode the questions still remain: fuck other people in the team or not? Who'se $ has more worth, yours or the other team members? Does helping your team can cause cancer? How to deal with agonising pain of switching heroes? Is OW a multiplayer game?
    Actually he is right. Even if you get it to extremes of someone simply running around and doing nothing playing "pacifist" role or whatever his mind came up with. Blizzard doesn't punish this behavior in OW, they do punish this behavior in HotS tho, so, there is that...

But if you get back to reality - he is right again. If you and your teammates disagree on a strat that you should use (aka bitch about picks while playing instead of changing pick yourself) - the only option you have is to change your pick, because your play is the only thing that you can affect as a part of randomly matched group. If you want to get rid of this - get your own team and play as a team. But most of the time when you queue for solo you will get 5 random people, just like you, who won't listen to others complaints. You logged in and want to play Hanzo, and you play him regardless of setup, and your randomly matched team will hate you. But if you log in, invite people from your friendlist into the game, say that you want to play Hanzo, chances are, that you will be able to play Hanzo without handicapping your team.

There is literally no way out of this except building your own team. Sometimes you will get stubborn people on your team. Games last rarely more than 10 minutes, so it's not a big of a deal in comparison to, say, dota.

Also i want to add that i see two types of players: who want to change the situation, and who wants to bitch about the situation. When someone says to others that they should pick Roadhog instead of Reinhardt - they want to bitch about issue. When someone picks Roadhog when we already have a Reinhardt - they want to change the situation. Now it's Reinhardts turn to make a move, he either sticks with it and adapts to two heavy tanks strat, or changes to another hero. Or bitches about it in chat wasting precious seconds of time.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-30 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I said in another thread, with Competitive up, Quick Play suddenly got a lot better too; people want to practice and play properly in there, while those who were bored and fucking about while they were waiting and wanted to play 'for something' have moved over to Competitive.

At the end of the day though, bad games are a lot shorter than good ones, so at worse you lose like 5 minutes and move on to the next one. It's not worth getting too bent out of shape over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get good enough to carry people like I do. Not everybody who plays are able bodied adults with cognitive reasoning and I am not even being insulting there. Children play, handicapped people play and peope who rather look at their 2nd monitor play. That's life m80.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Get good enough to carry people like I do. Not everybody who plays are able bodied adults with cognitive reasoning and I am not even being insulting there. Children play, handicapped people play and peope who rather look at their 2nd monitor play. That's life m80.
    Until you meet people who are good enough to counter you.

M8. Kappa. Aryan 4 lyfe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the worst is when someone rolls bastion or dwarfbjorn on an payload attack, le sigh, thankfully i like playing mercy and black dude so i always have heals to fall back on
    A Torbjorn turret on the payload shielded by a Reindhart/Mercy combo can actually be really effective.

Just sayin'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    A Torbjorn turret on the payload shielded by a Reindhart/Mercy combo can actually be really effective.

Just sayin'
    It can be effective, but as long as you don't have time to set up you are playing 5v6.
    Thats the reason people don't play torb on attack much because you have to rely on your team being good enough for you to set up before you start being effective (instead of taking Soldier from the start and being effective right away).

Deleted
    It can be effective, but as long as you don't have time to set up you are playing 5v6.
    Thats the reason people don't play torb on attack much because you have to rely on your team being good enough for you to set up before you start being effective (instead of taking Soldier from the start and being effective right away).
    I agree and if I queue solo I tend not to bother with Torb - as you mentioned pick 76 from the start hopefully contribute from the get go.

I was merely highlighting that it CAN be effective with the right support from the team and it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

@Creamy Flames: I hear you... I'm thankful that there is usually at least 3-5 of my group who play together most of the time, so we don't generally have to rely on PUGs. They typically pick Genji or Hanzo (irrespective if someone is already playing that character) and you never see them the whole game and they make zero contribution.

To expect win every match is a little ambitious not to mention completely ridiculous if you're queuing solo but to lose because other people don't adapt to the situation (which is the way game is designed!) is pretty frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo player s76 is way better on payload than the torbman. But yes if you get support for your turret setup then torb is almost unstoppable, especially if the other team doesn't reroll heroes to counter it.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.