Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    When the National Organisation for Women gives its annual award to a false rape accuser who does art to "fight against white patriarchy", you know it's not just twitter and a few blogs

It's mainstream feminism

Also HuffPo is definitely mainstream media, not just CNN and Fox News - this isn't the 1990s
    I have never in my entire 32 years of life encountered a person in real life who cites anything the National Organization of Women does. When I start encountering large numbers of people who give a shit about NOW, I'll be willing to admit that they're having some kind of affect on the real world. Until then, they're just a minority special interest group, like any other. One with only 500,000 members in the whole country (0.1%), most of whom are college students.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How many times have you encountered National Organization for Women in your life? Like, how did it affect your personal life? Examples needed.

Like Cyberowl said above, some of you people should spend less time reading marginal articles in the Internet and more time actually looking at the world around you. It's hard though when media bombards you constantly with irrelevant stories, I know.
    Counterpoint logic. Does someone getting raped stop mattering if it only happens to a few people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I have never in my entire 32 years of life encountered a person in real life who cites anything the National Organization of Women does. When I start encountering large numbers of people who give a shit about NOW, I'll be willing to admit that they're having some kind of affect on the real world. Until then, they're just a minority special interest group, like any other. One with only 500,000 members in the whole country, most of whom are college students.
    Incidentally majority of the people in the UK would associate NOW as a compilation music album aka NOW 93

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Counterpoint logic. Does someone getting raped stop mattering if it only happens to a few people?
    Someone getting raped is an event physically affecting a real person. Someone getting an award somewhere for making art against patriarchy, or complaining about manspreading - does not affect anyone in any way. Except for people involved in the Internet outrage machine, who purposefully look for such stories to get enraged by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    People get raped everyday and don't become newsworthy so in a way yes. The crime will be reported though possibly

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't that an isolated case that started the the nonsense
    'New York has launched a campaign to stop the scourge of "manspreading" on the subway'

Doesn't sound isolated to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    #chillthefuckoutday

Good golly.
    If one didn't know already, this thread went places, that explains why sexuality threads are normally not allowed.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    'New York has launched a campaign to stop the scourge of "manspreading" on the subway'

One city seems isolated to me

10+ Year Old Account

"It's all part of a numbers driven crackdown on subway behaviour that's also seen arrests for break dancing, walking between the cars and – collective air punch – people putting their feet on the seats."

It's not about "manspreading" it's about people obstructing other passengers ability to sit down because they're being jerks. Mainspreading deal is for clickbait

10+ Year Old Account

Well, if the campaign is just to get people to stop taking up more than one seat, I'm pretty OK with that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

should be #whiteheterosexualmaleprideday then you would get the real anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    One city seems isolated to me
    A city about 20% of the population of England.
    And a Metro about half of England's size lol
    Whatever NYC does isn't isolated, it's relevant.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Someone getting raped is an event physically affecting a real person. Someone getting an award somewhere for making art against patriarchy, or complaining about manspreading - does not affect anyone in any way. Except for people involved in the Internet outrage machine, who purposefully look for such stories to get enraged by them.
    You mean being falsely accused of rape and having the one who lobbed the false accusation be louded as a heroine against the Patriarchy that progresses Feminism's cause is not something that affects a real person?

Ok.

10+ Year Old Account

Isn't campaign in New York a more global measure intended to make the trains less cramped by removing obstructive elements from them, like people putting their bags on the free seats, or dancers taking half a wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You mean being falsely accused of rape and having the one who lobbed the false accusation be louded as a heroine against the Patriarchy that progresses Feminism's cause is not something that affects a real person?

Ok.
    Exactly. Someone being louded as a heroine by an organization few have even heard about is just a noise. It does not affect anyone in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be acceptable. But first all heterosexual people need to suffer generations of violence, shaming, castration, denied the ability to marry someone they love, oh and be executed before a crowd.

After you do, you can wave your flag, but since we already have the rainbow flag, the only color left will be brown.

#boycottchina

people putting their bags on the free seats
    Womanbagging (for the sake of fairness)

7+ Year Old Account
    pride parades are nothing but an organized hate march, be it straight or gay or black w/e

Every day is lesbian lover's day!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    A city about 20% of the population of England.
    And a Metro about half of England's size lol
    Whatever NYC does isn't isolated, it's relevant.
    Compared to the world? Isolated in my books as it only affects NYC, isn't that what isolated means

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This will be acceptable.
    No, it's already acceptable.

No one's really gonna stop it, certainly not a few tweets by salty Tumblrites.