Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Fivethirtyeight.com predicts 80% chance for Clinton victory

Now, to answer your probable first question: fivethiryeight.com is an organization that takes national polls and compiles all data to make very VERY accurate predictions. They correctly predicted not only who won in 2012, but who would win each of the individual 50 state as well with 100% accuracy.

They stated the only time somebody ever blew this sort of lead was Mike Dukakas. Not to say its impossible to happen, but is unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Now, to answer your probable first question: fivethiryeight.com is an organization that takes national polls and compiles all data to make very VERY accurate predictions. They correctly predicted not only who won in 2012, but who would win each of the individual 50 state as well with 100% accuracy.

They stated the only time somebody ever blew this sort of lead was Mike Dukakas. Not to say its impossible to happen, but is unlikely at this point.
    Aren't there places that take wagers on this sort of thing? Assuming they're reputable, why are we not all betting on Hillary? I'm seriously considering it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Important thing to note here, Dukakis only started to lose his lead after the DNC. Something we still have to wait a month for...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Crooked Hillary does not deserve ANY votes. How can someone who does not deserve ANY votes have an 80% chance of winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Aren't there places that take wagers on this sort of thing? Assuming they're reputable, why are we not all betting on Hillary? I'm seriously considering it.
    in the UK you can bet on stuff like this

for instance brexit was 11/1 for a Leave win (at 22:00 BST it was overwhelmingly predicted that remain would win). i won £220

not sure about the US' betting rules, are you allowed to bet via mobile/web apps etc?

fwiw it's never worth betting on the "expected winner". everyone bets on the expected winner, and so the payout is often garbage (it'll be something like 1/5 in this case) but for trump it's likely to be 8/1 or something. i would bet on trump simply because november's a long way away and anything can happen.

look at the polls for brexit since february for instance
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-06-29 at 08:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Sweet, so I can avoid voting for her and nobody should give me shit for it, idk why people revolt at the thought of not voting for Hillary or criticising her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be OK if they were not simply trying to dissuade people with brains from actually voting as there is no way that Shillery will garner 80% or even close to that of the popular vote. She will be lucky to not lose by a landslide to Trump and he is not much better than she is.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    in the UK you can bet on stuff like this

for instance brexit was 11/1 for a Leave win (at 22:00 BST it was overwhelmingly predicted that remain would win). i won £220

not sure about the US' betting rules, are you allowed to bet via mobile/web apps etc?
    I don't think your £220 made up for the sum total loss and will loose that was brexit. But hey, you got a few nice nights out at least, right? >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

It's complicated.
    The answer is, it depends.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Is there a reason why we care what they think?

Deleted
    While I agree Hillary is still the consensus and big money pick, I would caution against the crowded view

We all know where that got us with brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Elarena View Post
    Crooked Hillary does not deserve ANY votes. How can someone who does not deserve ANY votes have an 80% chance of winning anything.
    The same can be said for a lot of our politicians not just in the Executive Branch but also in the other 2 branches as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because 'deserve' is subjective...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Cause America has a two party system no matter how hard the 3rd parties try to get into the national conversation and her opponent is, well, a man-sized child.

But then again no one deserves votes, they earn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Sweet, so I can avoid voting for her and nobody should give me shit for it, idk why people revolt at the thought of not voting for Hillary or criticising her.
    cuz they are Sheep, Seriously her supporters are beta males, Women who are voting for her because she is a woman and a people who think her skeletons are made up by the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    It would be OK if they were not simply trying to dissuade people with brains from actually voting as there is no way that Shillery will garner 80% or even close to that of the popular vote. She will be lucky to not lose by a landslide to Trump and he is not much better than she is.
    That's because People with actual brains (to use your phrase) would actually know the difference between "80% chance to win" vs "80% of the total votes" is, unlike you.

I don't think your £220 made up for the sum total loss and will loose that was brexit. But hey, you got a few nice nights out at least, right? >_<
    i voted leave

i believe in britain

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Is there a reason why we care what they think?
    That would be the "they preficted 2012's election odds down to the state level with 100%" accuracy part i wrote that you obviously missed because you probably didnt bother reading the post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    That's not what is being said. Try re-reading.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

As I said in another thread

This is what I seen here over the past mo

Trump and Hillary tied on the polls, Well its to Early polls don't matter

Trump is beating Hillary in the polls, Well its to Early polls don't matter

Hillary is beating Trump in the polls, OMFG POLLS MATTER THESE POLLS ARE SO FUCKING RIGHT AND COULD NEVER BE WRONG HILLARY HAS THIS WON FOR THE NEXT 8 YRS, POLLS DO MATTER NOW !!!!!!1111111ONE!!!!!!!