Deleted
    The racist attacks, neo Nazis etc have been voting leave since before the referendum according to papers and so people and the media just provoke it some more.

The remain side attack the elderly whilst complaining the past have ruined the future, its disrespectful, if I were an old grandpa, I would still smack some sense into you lol, not smart, youths also had the lowest turnout.

Which ever side, people who kick and scream the loudest get heard and the attention. Similar situation for WoW.

this "awful economic situation" is already fixing itself.

down 13% since 23rd (sharp decline), up 5.8%~ for ftse 250. ftse 100 is basically where it was on 23rd.

nothing has changed. we've still got a veto vote in EU affairs until article 50's triggered. economy will stabalise and we'll form a plan of exit, we'll get everything we want from talks because our economy will be thriving with or without EU membership.

what a glorious decision we've made honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

down 13% since 23rd (sharp decline), up 5.8%~ for ftse 250. ftse 100 is basically where it was on 23rd.

nothing has changed. we've still got a veto vote in EU affairs until article 50's triggered. economy will stabalise and we'll form a plan of exit, we'll get everything we want from talks because our economy will be thriving with or without EU membership.

Bank of England dumped more money into the markets on Friday, Monday and Tuesday then it would have cost you to have 40 years of EU membership. The problem isn't the markets (I could make a case that they are stabilising because only the "leave" voters believe that the Brexit will go through), the problem is that you will have capital flight, considering that your banks are American, French and Swiss, your electricity is owned by the french and your automobile plants are also multi-national.

Deleted
    yep. we would be better off w/o them. westminster aren't going to allow a breakup of the UK though
    Meh, seems stupid to me.

Englishman do not like scottish people and the scottish want to be the master of their own fate; a separation is win-win if you ask me.

Deleted

" The BoE injected GBP 3.1 bln into UK banks, South Korea announced a $17 bln stimulus package, Chinese president Li said that he won't allow a rollercoaster ride in Chinese capital markets, and other leaders attempted to assuage investor concerns."

What do you think, who`s gonna pay this back?

edit: Vote with who? Jonathan Hill resigned, EU has 27 members now, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36659229
    Last edited by mmoc133ea5993d; 2016-06-29 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    " The BoE injected GBP 3.1 bln into UK banks, South Korea announced a $17 bln stimulus package, Chinese president Li said that he won't allow a rollercoaster ride in Chinese capital markets, and other leaders attempted to assuage investor concerns."

What do you think, who`s gonna pay this back?
    certainly not us

*looks at greece, spain, italy, ireland* 4Head

fwiw i understand a lot of remain voters and people from mainland europe seem to care a lot about this, but the leave vote won

as farage said, it was a win for common people, decent people.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-06-29 at 07:45 PM.

certainly not us

*looks at greece, spain, italy, ireland* 4Head
    Nah this is coming out of your pocket through taxes.

EDIT:

Floopa, you are a decent man so I will be clear when I say that I am not attacking you and I am not attacking people who voted "Leave" - from what I understood you guys have been dealt a very rough hand from successive governments, finally got fed up and decided to stick it to them. That's good and I applaud that.

I don't applaud you trying to wreck the world's economy and force another economic meltdown and I don't applaud the fact that because of your foreign policy adventures "common people, decent people" from other nations have to pay to keep the markets stable. This is the reason I was so pissed off on Monday.
    Last edited by Triks; 2016-06-29 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Bank of England dumped more money into the markets on Friday, Monday and Tuesday then it would have cost you to have 40 years of EU membership. The problem isn't the markets (I could make a case that they are stabilising because only the "leave" voters believe that the Brexit will go through), the problem is that you will have capital flight, considering that your banks are American, French and Swiss, your electricity is owned by the french and your automobile plants are also multi-national.
    No they didn't. They made £250 billion available to ease the markets, last I saw the banks had requested about £3 billion of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah this is coming out of your pocket through taxes.
    Don´t kid yourself, you know damn well that the UK will make the EU pay for everything. Because the UK are the greatest nation on this contin, plan, galax, universe!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    it's not their call. And EU doesnt advise UK about respecting ref or not.
    It might not be the EU's call but the one that gets blamed when and if a referendum is not respected is probably the EU. People will claim it proves that the EU is undemocratic.

From the BBC:
    The claim: The damage done to the economy has already been many times the value of the UK's contribution to the EU Budget.

Reality Check verdict: There may already have been an impact on the economy or the public finances but we do not yet have data showing that. The indicative cost of borrowing for the government has actually fallen.

You would expect that to mean the government would have to pay more to borrow money - the Office for Budget Responsibility says that an extra one percentage point on the government's cost of borrowing would cost the exchequer an extra £8bn in 2019-20. But in fact, what has happened is that the yield, or return, on government bonds (which is a good indicator of the interest rate the government would have to pay to borrow money) has fallen, because in uncertain times people look for relatively safe investments, such as government bonds. So given the evidence so far, the interest paid on gilts (UK government bonds) will fall, saving the government money, although it is also likely that inflation will rise, which will increase the amount the government has to pay on loans linked to the inflation rate.
    eat your heart out EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    No they didn't. They made £250 billion available to ease the markets, last I saw the banks had requested about £3 billion of it.

http://economia.icaew.com/news/june-...ity-into-banks

The Bank of England (BoE) has pumped £3.1bn worth of liquidity into the UK’s banking system, following the financial turmoil caused by the EU referendum vote

The injection was the last of the BoE's planned special auctions to support the financial system around the EU vote.

There are plans for an additional £250bn. That's your taxpayer money.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    It might not be the EU's call but the one that gets blamed when and if a referendum is not respected is probably the EU. People will claim it proves that the EU is undemocratic.
    does UK want to thrive or wants it to go down with "but but ....we were so democratic" ?

does UK want to thrive or wants it to go down with "but but ....we were so democratic" ?
    we will thrive with or without the EU

http://economia.icaew.com/news/june-...ity-into-banks

The Bank of England (BoE) has pumped £3.1bn worth of liquidity into the UK’s banking system, following the financial turmoil caused by the EU referendum vote

The injection was the last of the BoE's planned special auctions to support the financial system around the EU vote.

There are plans for an additional £250bn. That's your taxpayer money.
    That's what I said? You made it sound like the £250 billion had already been used.

That's what I said? You made it sound like the £250 billion had already been used.

No, what I am saying is that £3.1 bn has already been used to ease the markets with more money to follow.

Deleted

No, it was not, the £250 billion is altogether aaaand a few billions gone already...

"The Bank of England has pumped £3.1bn into the country’s banking system following the UK’s decision to leave the EU.

The liquidity injection is the last of the central bank’s three scheduled special auctions announced before the UK referendum and designed to quell any panic about the state of the country’s lenders.

It is the first operation that has taken place since the UK voted to leave the EU on June 23. The BoE allotted £3.072bn to lenders, having received bids amounting to £6.3bn. Most of the collateral offered was the lowest ‘Level C ‘ grade assets, according to the Bank’s data.

Tuesday’s first post-Brexit auction compares to the £2.45bn and £317m allotted in the two pre-referendum auctions on June 14 and June 21.

It comes after the Bank of Japan provided $1.5bn to its lenders in a special liquidity operation earlier today.

Mark Carney, governor of the BoE, announced the Bank was willing to pump £250bn into the financial system in the aftermath of the vote."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who really cares if they thrive? The (slight) majority of those that could be bothered to show up made it clear they do not want to be in the union. Democracy must be respected.

No, what I am saying is that £3.1 bn has already been used to ease the markets with more money to follow.
    Our net contribution is what, about £8.5 billion? Nowhere near 40 years of membership.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    No, it was not, the £250 billion is altogether aaaand a few billions gone already...

"The Bank of England has pumped £3.1bn into the country’s banking system following the UK’s decision to leave the EU.

The liquidity injection is the last of the central bank’s three scheduled special auctions announced before the UK referendum and designed to quell any panic about the state of the country’s lenders.

It is the first operation that has taken place since the UK voted to leave the EU on June 23. The BoE allotted £3.072bn to lenders, having received bids amounting to £6.3bn. Most of the collateral offered was the lowest ‘Level C ‘ grade assets, according to the Bank’s data.

Tuesday’s first post-Brexit auction compares to the £2.45bn and £317m allotted in the two pre-referendum auctions on June 14 and June 21.

It comes after the Bank of Japan provided $1.5bn to its lenders in a special liquidity operation earlier today.

Mark Carney, governor of the BoE, announced the Bank was willing to pump £250bn into the financial system in the aftermath of the vote."
    You're not contradicting anything I said.