7+ Year Old Account
    How stunning is it that the leader of the GOP in the senate says this about his own candidate for President?

McConnell Says Trump Is Not Yet A "Credible Candidate"

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says he has reservations about the candidate at the top the 2016 Republican ticket: Donald Trump.

McConnell made headlines earlier this week for declining to say whether Trump is qualified for the presidency.

But in an interview with Washington, D.C. bureau reporter Geoff Bennett, McConnell said Trump is not yet a credible presidential candidate.

McConnell: "Trump clearly needs to change, in my opinion, to win the general election. What I’ve said to him both publicly and privately: 'You’re a great entertainer. You turn on audiences. You’re good before a crowd. You have a lot of Twitter followers. That worked fine for you in the primaries. But now that you are in the general, people are looking for a level of seriousness that is typically conveyed by having a prepared text and Teleprompter and staying on message.' So my hope is that he is beginning to pivot and become what I would call a more serious and credible candidate for the highest office in the land."

Bennett: "At the moment, though, I hear you saying he does not meet that threshold of credibility?"

McConnell: "He’s getting closer. Getting closer."
    McConnell, however, called Democrat Hillary Clinton "intelligent and capable" in the interview but said he hopes Republicans win the White House this fall.

He spoke with Time Warner Cable News, in part, to promote his new memoir, The Long Game.

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/...ald-trump.html
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    How stunning is it that the leader of the GOP in the senate says this about his own candidate for President?
    Considering Trump has yet to get a resounding endorsement from any of the GOP leadership who need to worry about re-election, not very. They can't strongly endorse him because they're terrified he may do irreparable damage to their re-election chances but they can't outright condemn him either.

I'm enjoying watching them all squirm when they're forced to actually talk about Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    As Reeve pointed out a new poll shows Trump still loosing but with the closest separation he has had for some weeks. Never one to let people know he is still loosing Trump tweeted the poll as some sort of victory.

Fool Me Twice: Trump Continues Streak Of Tweeting Polls That Show Him Trailing

Donald Trump reached out to supporters on Wednesday with a tweet promising to "win the whole deal," touting a new poll that shows him trailing Democrat Hillary Clinton by two points.

The poll by Quinnipiac University shows Clinton leading Trump by two points, an outlier among other recent reports from Bloomberg, where Clinton leads by 12 points, and Monmouth University, which shows Clinton leading Trump by eight points. A Ballotpedia survey released Wednesday also showed that Clinton is beating Trump in seven battleground states.

This isn't the first time that Trump has posted a celebratory tweet with contradictory data. Earlier in June, he posted a tweet thanking voters for their support alongside survey results that also showed him polling two points behind Clinton:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ing-poll-again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering Trump has yet to get a resounding endorsement from any of the GOP leadership who need to worry about re-election, not very. They can't strongly endorse him because they're terrified he may do irreparable damage to their re-election chances but they can't outright condemn him either.

I'm enjoying watching them all squirm when they're forced to actually talk about Trump.
    I guess I was speaking more in historical terms. I understand well the predicament a lot of GOP candidates feel themselves in. And frankly like you I am enjoying watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Where did you get the bold information? If he was 54 in 2016, how old was he in 1980?
    One of the first colleges with coed bathrooms was Oberlin college -- and that was somewhere In the 1990s, not to mention the fact that he also claims he attended Catholic school, so give me a break. If you are attempting to be clever, just so sad.

What is your definition?

Ok, for the sake of argument, let's say I believe his fabricated stories, and that he went to this supposed college, with coed bathrooms back in the early 1980s. (Sure)

He also stated that he left Walmart somewhere around 2008 or 2009, so that would mean that he is saying that, with his college education, at the age of roughly 46 years old, the best job he was capable of obtainimg, was working at Walmart, where, after 7 years of employment he earned a whopping $8.33/hour, which to me, would be pathetic.

Now, if that fits your definition of intelligence, then obviously your definition is also much different than mine, as I believe intelligence and success have, at minimum, an indirect correlation, if not a direct one.

There is a world of difference between knowledge and intelligence. Intelligent people know better than to waste years of their time, and money obtaining knowledge they will not be able to put to good use, providing value to others, for which they will be compensated accordingly.

If you do not agree or are incapable of understanding this, then we are obviously too far apart for me to bother wasting any more of my time attempting to explain it to you further.

No need to doubt... Believe in your self...
    Well, my immediate goal is for our rental properties to appreciate enough in value, so my husband and I can cash out within the next 2 years, so I don't know. Kind of depends on the economy, and the real estate market. However, the house 2 doors down from one of our rentals, that we've invested $92k on, just sold for over $300k, and our rental is nicer, so maybe!

I never really understood before what was meant by "Walmart worker mentality", and if nothing else, this conversation certainly has provide clarification, so thank you.

However, I have more important things to do with my time now, so this will be my last response to you on this thread.

Bye bye
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-06-29 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    One of the first colleges with coed bathrooms was Oberlin college -- and that was somewhere In the 1990s, not to mention the fact that he also claims he attended Catholic school, so give me a break. If you are attempting to be clever, just so sad.
    Where do you get your information? Here is an article from November 1970 issue of Life magazine:

https://books.google.com/books?id=2F...page&q&f=false

Ok, for the sake of argument, let's say I believe his fabricated stories, and that he went to this supposed college, with coed bathrooms back in the early 1980s. (Sure)
    What made you switch from late '70s to early '80s?

He also stated that he left Walmart somewhere around 2008 or 2009, so that would mean that he is saying that, with his college education, at the age of roughly 46 years old, the best job he was capable of obtaing, was working at Walmart, where, after 7 years of employment he earned a whopping $8.33/hour, which to me, would be pathetic.
    That's fine, he is pathetic... Not sure how that proves your point...

Now, if that fits your definition of intelligence, then obviously your definition is also much different than mine, as I believe intelligence and success have, at minimum, an indirect correlation, if not a direct one.
    That doesn't say anything about intelligence. Here is simple test... What is... 2016 - 54 + 18 = ??... If someone told you 'late 1970', would you call that person intelligent?

There is a world of difference between knowledge and intelligence. Intelligent people know better than to waste years of their time, and money obtaining knowledge they will not be able to put to good use, providing value to others, for which they will be compensated accordingly.
    You are assuming he isn't. I plan to retire at 45 and work at a theater or equivalent for minimum wage, to remove all worries I currently have and get an easy job that lets me watch movies at work. The house I recently purchased, is priced so I can easily pay it off in 10 years or live comfortably on minimum wage, if hard times hit. I think that's intelligent, yet you seem to think it isn't.

If you do not agree or are incapable of understanding this, then we are obviously too far apart for me to bother wasting any more of my time attempting to explain it to you further.
    ... or we have a differance of opinion, where we can have an intelligent conversation on the topic. Running away as you proclaim victory, doesn't sound very intelligent.

Well, my immediate goal is for our rental properties to appreciate enough in value, so my husband and I can cash out within the next 2 years, so I don't know. Kind of depends on the economy. And the real estate market. However, the house 2 doors down from one of our rentals, that we paid $92k just sold for over $300k, and our rental is nicer, so maybe!
    But, according to your logic, not having a job, would mean you are not intelligent. You are ignoring that he might have done exactly what you are trying to do, but got a cushy, easy, low stress job to pass the time.

I never really understood before what was meant by "Walmart worker mentality", and if nothing else, this conversation certainly has provide clarification, so thank you.
    You still don't understand it, if that's the case.

However, I have more important things to do with my time now, so this will be mymy last response to you on this thread.

Bye bye
    Here is my example of how someone who is too busy to respond, actually responds intelligently. Feel free to copy and paste in the future:
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol thats simply not true. 1970 was the first year for Oberlin. Why are you being disingenuous?

- - - Updated - - -

He also stated that he left Walmart somewhere around 2008 or 2009, so that would mean that he is saying that, with his college education, at the age of roughly 46 years old, the best job he was capable of obtainimg, was working at Walmart, where, after 7 years of employment he earned a whopping $8.33/hour, which to me, would be pathetic.
    I have never stated that. That's quite simply a lie from you. I have never worked at Walmart. Been in IT since I finished University. Does being dishonest like this make you think your points are somehow valid?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

The Convention is going to be fantastic to watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's fine, he is pathetic... Not sure how that proves your point...
    Heh. I have never claimed to work at Walmart. I am in IT and have been since I left University. Not sure why she is lying about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The Convention is going to be fantastic to watch.
    I'm going to have to find a livestream to watch it all, I normally only catch highlights but this year should be hilarious. Depressing, but hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. I have never claimed to work at Walmart. I am in IT and have been since I left University. Not sure why she is lying about that.
    Shhh, shhh, she needs this, just let her have this please. Think of the children.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Godwin mixed with Poe's law (read the comments on YT)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing about people who need to tell you, instead of show you, that they are intelligent. It usually has a lot to do with insecurity. Personally, I don't believe I'm more intelligent than the avarage. Without an objective test, that's the most reasonable conclusion. You might have noticed it already, but I enjoy the challenge of arguing with someone who claims to be more intelligent. I am usually left disappointed...

I prefer if people think I'm dumb on the forum, them being wrong in the end, puts them below the low bar they set.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Like, how can this lady even get elected?

Isn't she like a WAR CRIMINAL under indictment? Can someone clarify how this is possible?

Deleted emails? Hypocrisy? Saying literally ANYTHING and flip flopping stances on important issues to get elected?

How is this real?

Really, I'm asking for a sensible explanation.

We are screwed either way so I'll be writing in my kids names again this voting season.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Shhh, shhh, she needs this, just let her have this please. Think of the children.
    Lol. She is indeed a needy person.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing about people who need to tell you, instead of show you, that they are intelligent. It usually has a lot to do with insecurity. Personally, I don't believe I'm more intelligent than the avarage. Without an objective test, that's the most reasonable conclusion. You might have noticed it already, but I enjoy the challenge of arguing with someone who claims to be more intelligent. I am usually left disappointed...

I prefer if people think I'm dumb on the forum, them being wrong in the end, puts them below the low bar they set.
    Oh no doubt. Cricket is a seething ball of insecurity.

I too do not understand those that claim to be more intelligent than any other poster as invariably they demonstrate the opposite over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Isn't she like a WAR CRIMINAL under indictment?
    For what war crime? Under what indictment? Your outrage would carry more weight if you could come up with something more than vague, unsubstantiated terms.

Like, how can this lady even get elected?
    She gets more electoral votes than Trump, the usual way that presidents are elected.

Isn't she like a WAR CRIMINAL under indictment?
    Where did the war criminal part come in? And she's under investigation for her emails, but she's not been indicted yet, if at all.

Deleted emails? Hypocrisy? Saying literally ANYTHING and flip flopping stances on important issues to get elected?
    Yup, she's not great. But she's less awful than Trump, so she's got that going for her.

How is this real?

Really, I'm asking for a sensible explanation.
    Probably won't get one, this whole election season is crazypants, as are most of the events leading up to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned previously Trump has been sending fundraising appeals to UK politicians. Apparently this has spread to multiple other countries politicians as well. Australia, Iceland and Canada some of the latest. The problem of course is this is illegal and now someone is going to do something about it.

Watchdog Groups File FEC Complaint Over Trump Emails To Foreign Pols

Two watchdog groups, the Campaign Legal Center and Democracy 21, said they will file Wednesday a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, arguing that the Donald Trump campaign has broken federal law by sending fundraising emails to foreign elected officials.

"Donald Trump should have known better," Paul S. Ryan, the deputy executive director at the Campaign Legal Center, said in a statement. "It is a no-brainer that it violates the law to send fundraising emails to members of a foreign government on their official foreign government email accounts, and yet, that's exactly what Trump has done repeatedly."

Fred Werthemier, the president of Democracy 21, said that Trump's fundraising pleas to foreign members of parliament are "a strange and unique development that we have not seen before in campaign fundraising."

Read the rest at: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...gn-fundraising

Lol thats simply not true. 1970 was the first year for Oberlin. Why are you being disingenuous?

- - - Updated - - -

I have never stated that. That's quite simply a lie from you. I have never worked at Walmart. Been in IT since I finished University. Does being dishonest like this make you think your points are somehow valid?
    He/she is confusing me with you. They don't understand that at the time I started Walmart, the minimum wage was $5.25 and when the minimum wage moved up I was already past the $7.25 an hour so they didn't move the rest of us up. And at the time I was in college and worked as many hours as I could while going to college. It is not surprising that Cricket knows next to nothing on anything other than making up bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He/she is confusing me with you. They don't understand that at the time I started Walmart, the minimum wage was $5.25 and when the minimum wage moved up I was already past the $7.25 an hour so they didn't move the rest of us up. And at the time I was in college and worked as many hours as I could while going to college. It is not surprising that Cricket knows next to nothing on anything other than making up bullshit.
    Ahh that explains it. I m beginning to feel sorry for her. She really comes across as a lost soul.