Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well... a supplement is simply food. By this logic, people 'supplement' their burgers with ketchup. Don't think of a supplement as an additive, rather as part of the diet. Vegans don't care about 'manufacturing' anything. Only not consuming animal products.
    But by consuming those supplements chances are they are consuming animals in some form. For example, there is several types of calcium so supplements. Some are made from coral....which is an animal. Just one example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How are those cars running again? On plants?
    Electricity harms the environment, think of the poor trees struck by storms all over the world.

It is an exercise in futility. I prefer to enjoy the taste of meats and vegetables personally, and will never give them up.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Most vitamins have animal products in them. Duh!
    Then vegans don't eat those. Duh!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    But by consuming those supplements chances are they are consuming animals in some form. For example, there is several types of calcium so supplements. Some are made from coral....which is an animal. Just one example.
    Then it's not a vegan supplement. One example doesn't disprove something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Don't forget that they're thinking that they're better than you and they have right to judge what you eat.
    That's what I meant with the comment about 'holier-than-thou" attitude.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Such bullshit only a brainwashed vegan could say that. We have lived on plants fruits AND animals for thousands of years and just cause some tumblr trend started making people feel superior isnt going to change humanity.
    You are the one that is brainwashed, actually. The meat, dairy, and egg industry (government) relies on you do be so they can continue to profit off you. The body does not need calcium supplements beyond the state of infancy (whenever the mother stops producing breastmilk). The only reason we need supplemental calcium is because we are eating acidic animal protein that causes our body to leech phosphates from our bones to break it down.

Do some research. You can start here: http://www.waoy.org/26.html

Because meat tastes good, and I don't give a fuck where it comes from. People have been killing and eating animals since the beginning of time, just because we have self rightous people in todays society doesn't change a thing. If you want to eat plants..go for it..but stay the fuck out of what I eat.

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    what I can conclude from this discussion is that vegans are angry/hateful and like to body-shame people with better bodies than them
    Try eating beans instead of a proper steak - you will be angry too.

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    what I can conclude from this discussion is that vegans are angry/hateful and like to body-shame people with better bodies than them
    What makes you think so? Have i ever wronged you or insulted your honor?

Deleted
    Thanks for me reminding, it's going to be steak tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Viabull View Post
    There is so much wrong with this thread. The top 2 being:
    1) If your argument against veganism is that humans are designed to be omnivores, you're wrong. Physiologically, humans are designed to be herbivores. Our intestines are comparable to the length of other herbivores. Our teeth and jaw are designed for crushing and grinding our food, not tearing into flesh. Our bodies are not designed to break down animal protein, which is very acidic. In order to do this, the body leeches phosphates from our bones to neutralize the acid, which causes osteoporosis. I could go on, but i'll let you guys do your own research.

2) Humans are absolutely NOT the top of the food chain, apex predator, etc. This is simple to prove. Throw a human in a cage with a lion, tiger, bear, badger, or really just about any other animal with teeth, and see who is dining on the other at the end of the fight.
    You are the one that is brainwashed, actually. The meat, dairy, and egg industry (government) relies on you do be so they can continue to profit off you. The body does not need calcium supplements beyond the state of infancy (whenever the mother stops producing breastmilk). The only reason we need supplemental calcium is because we are eating acidic animal protein that causes our body to leech phosphates from our bones to break it down.

All that condescending, pretentiousness- only to be completely, utterly, wrong.
    Sources in my link. None in that crap you linked.
    https://veganbiologist.com/2016/01/0...ot-herbivores/
    My link > yours.

Off to dinner- steak, of course. Buh bye now.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2016-06-29 at 08:31 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Most vitamins have animal products in them. Duh!
    Ding ding ding... We have a winner.

But the majority don't want to admit this. There is a subset, that actually do go far enough to make sure all there supplements are animal free, but it's typically not the holier than though ones who think they know so much more than everyone else but don't think about the repercussion of their ideas

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's what I meant with the comment about 'holier-than-thou" attitude.
    Aha, sorry, didn't get it. Didn't hear that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersemi View Post
    I think the main problem is that people don't, or don't want to, connect the dots. People would rather just not think about the process that gets the burger on their plate. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Your analogy has a fallacy. The spider didn't invent it's web... it's born with it. We invented guns. If you stripped us down to our basic self; no clothes, no gun, nothing but our bare hands, then we would lose. Unless you are buff and can manage to take down a lion of course. That's what the person was getting at. We are on top of the food chain depending on our inventions and environment. But you strip that all away and we aren't at the top anymore.
    Yeah I know that my analogy is bad, but we're on top of the food chain because we're smarter, not because we're stronger in 1v1 cage battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hahaha! I don't know why someone thinks that we're not on the top of the food chain, because WE'RE and only idiot would think otherwise.
    Arguments like "throw human in a cage with lion/bear" is also stupid, we're producing guns, which are good enough to kill a lion/bear.
    "It's like saying "well, throw a cockroach and a little spider into a cage... and yeah, a spider cannot use the web."
    A spider's web is something it naturally produces. Humans do not have a gun, knife, cannon, any-other-weapon attached to our body. Your analogy makes no sense.

A spider's web is something it naturally produces. Humans do not have a gun, knife, cannon, any-other-weapon attached to our body. Your analogy makes no sense.
    It's cause its made for defense what humans lack in claws we make up for with intellect to make that defence. We have been using weapons since the dawn of men dont try to deny it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

You should do some research about post menopausal women and bone density issues. Calcium is needed in some cases and diet has no bearing on it.
    You should also do some research on cramping due to poor CALCIUM levels due to dehydration and other less common issues

Speaking from personal family experiences here. Calcium intake is absolutely required as an adult

Edit: wasn't going to post this as its personal but decided I will
    Wife had cancer. Wife had multiple surgeries and chemo and radiation. Wife couldn't keep anything light down let alone meat. So no proteins leaching. Wife had cramps so bad she couldn't open her hands. GUESS WHAT THE FIRST THING THEY GAVE HER AND KEPT HER ON THE ENTIRE WEEK IN THE HOSPITAL...THATS RIGHT CALCIUM. Stop spreading misinformation
    Last edited by Bauglir; 2016-06-29 at 08:35 PM.

Monkey are also making simple tools, does that mean they're not higher than ants on the food-chain because they cannot eat them without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Innovation is natural human ability. Why are you trying to take that away?
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Who cares? Otters don't naturally create rocks but they still use them to smash open shellfish.
    Exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Otters don't naturally create rocks but they still use them to smash open shellfish.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Innovation is natural human ability. Why are you trying to take that away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    What makes you think so? Have i ever wronged you or insulted your honor?
    Not you, but other vegans did

I think the main problem is that people don't, or don't want to, connect the dots. People would rather just not think about the process that gets the burger on their plate. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
    Connect the dots by yourself. Please, answer me this: where do you going to put all those people who are working on a process to get food on our plates? Considering we already have a fucking growing unemployment. Also, considering the meat business is usually your local one. You and your self-righteous vegan friends are basically going to destroy thousands of thousands of people. For the sake of not killing fucking male chicken. So much for being an enlightened person. #morale

Your analogy has a fallacy. The spider didn't invent it's web... it's born with it. We invented guns. If you stripped us down to our basic self; no clothes, no gun, nothing but our bare hands, then we would lose. Unless you are buff and can manage to take down a lion of course. That's what the person was getting at. We are on top of the food chain depending on our inventions and environment. But you strip that all away and we aren't at the top anymore.
    It would be fallacy if we were gifted our weapons by some super deity or something. We developed our tolls using our intelligence, they are ours by the right and they are the very integral part of our defense. Stripping a human of his tools is idiotic. By the way, that's why it is intelligence which always triumphs over raw force, not the other way around.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though