Here's a direct working link to the Todd Howard interview: http://kotaku.com/todd-howard-says-e...-of-1781902765

His comment that the technology he wants for the next Elder Scrolls isn't there yet is interesting. I wonder if he's talking about VR, or current gen console limitations, or maybe their own game engine?

I'm also intrigued by these two big projects they're working on. Morrowind/Oblivion remasters?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Here's a direct working link to the Todd Howard interview: http://kotaku.com/todd-howard-says-e...-of-1781902765

His comment that the technology he wants for the next Elder Scrolls isn't there yet is interesting. I wonder if he's talking about VR, or current gen console limitations, or maybe their own game engine?

I'm also intrigued by these two big projects they're working on. Morrowind/Oblivion remasters?
    i REALLY want to believe that him wanting better technology means we're gonna be in the thick of the final great war between the dominion and empire, with hundreds of soldiers and siege equipment and other shit all around you.

and maybe have it like dragon age inquisition, only have your choices in skyrim have a much larger impact, splitting it almost into two or three different stories depending on your choice. and if anyone worries about lore implications and all that, just write it off in elder scrolls 7 as a dragonbreak.

personally, i would love if they let you see a tamriel where the stormcloaks win and side with hammerfell, and highrock breaks from cyrodiil and joins hammerfell and skyrim for a new alliance force. maybe even holding talks with the empire to allow them to work with, but not take control of the provinces again.

As nice and shiny as that Skyrim remaster looks, I'm not feeling any bit of hype about it. I played it on PC, though, so based on that clip, I would say this is a much more significant development for console players.

As for the next "real" Elder Scrolls game, I'm happy to wait. Not because I'm not interested...hah, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm just being ridiculous in hoping that the next one will be an open-ended/world game consisting of the entire continent of Tamriel, where expansions could include the other continents of Nirn. Basically a game of ungodly scale, the likes of which hasn't been seen. Maybe that would be one idea as to why we don't have the tech needed at this time to pull it off.

"but-but Daggerfall!"

I'm talking an entire world hand-crafted of this size, not a random map generator or whatever Daggerfall did.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could totally see Bethesda trying to make the largest game ever made and define what next era open world gaming is like by that. I also think another innovation needed is to try and make console games feels like MMOs without having to be an MMO. Simply put, having 1-4 player Co-Op in a game like Skyrim. Imagine being able to create a 'world' like Minecraft, where you and 4 friends play in at the same time. It would make implementing player choice difficult, but I'd like to see them solve it.

Imagine having a gigantic world that you are running around in and you encounter a dragon that is kicking your butt, so you can blow a horn and rally your friends to you to help slay the beast and then you all get rewards. Then you can go your own way to adventure across the world until you need to band together again.

A whole lot of things that they could do and all of them are exciting.
    BAD WOLF

Like I've stated before I played skyrim (or was it oblivion?) and turned it off after like 10 minutes of not knowing what the fuck to do.

Do you think with added mod support for consoles that skyrim is worth picking up for the updated version? I know nothing of the lore though so how confused would I be?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Do you think with added mod support for consoles that skyrim is worth picking up for the updated version? I know nothing of the lore though so how confused would I be?
    I don't think your confusion has anything to do with lore. The games use a traditional quest system where you get a log entry when you start one. However, it's unique in that all quests aren't flagged with icons over heads or bulletin boards. You actually talk to people and then quests start. You could go the whole game and not trigger most of the quests if all you do is follow it like you are on rails.

Then half the time there are dungeons that aren't there for quests, just for exploration/loot/xp. Skyrim started you off in a wagon with prisoners, at which point it has you escaping and tells you via audio what to do. Once you are out of that intro experience, you will have a quest in your log to go to a local town and the game begins. Do you remember being attacked by a dragon after watching a very long cutscene that you couldn't skip? If so, that was Skyrim and I am really confused how someone could be confused by it.

I get feeling lost when the world is large and you don't have any quests, but you start the game with at least one quest so...idk? The mods and new game won't change any of that, so it won't help you anymore than the already existing game does. Also, you don't have to know any of the lore to play the games. I had actually not played a single TES game prior to Skyrim and it wasn't confusing to me at all...but I think we had a thread (or this thread) where we argued about that for millions of posts...so...

Idk?
    BAD WOLF

It was skyrim that I played

And the reason I was confused was because once I got to that town the quest was done and I wasn't sure what to do from there. As my first Elder scrolls game I was confused as to what to do in general. I go talk to people but wasn't there a main quest for the story? It just cut off and let me to my own devices which is fine for an open RPG game but it had zero direction period. It should have some direction.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The main quest is always active. If you talked to the right person in that town you'd have a quest to travel to Whiterun to warn the jarl there about the dragon attacks. Talking to the jarl automatically triggers the next step, etc, etc. I don't even know if it's possible to "break" the main quest outside of having it bug out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The main quest is always active. If you talked to the right person in that town you'd have a quest to travel to Whiterun to warn the jarl there about the dragon attacks. Talking to the jarl automatically triggers the next step, etc, etc. I don't even know if it's possible to "break" the main quest outside of having it bug out.
    It's not, which is why I don't understand how someone could feel lost. Maybe the game bugged out the one time they tried, idk. Original Skyrim did have a crap ton of bugs like this.

- - - Updated - - -

It should have some direction.
    As you proceed down the main path, which should have been in your log unless it bugged, couriers will run up to you to start new quests. Then almost everyone you talk to has even more quests. Skyrim actually has quest overload.
    BAD WOLF

It was skyrim that I played

And the reason I was confused was because once I got to that town the quest was done and I wasn't sure what to do from there. As my first Elder scrolls game I was confused as to what to do in general. I go talk to people but wasn't there a main quest for the story? It just cut off and let me to my own devices which is fine for an open RPG game but it had zero direction period. It should have some direction.
    That's funny because the worst thing about skyrim to me was the giant idiot arrow guiding me like an 8 year old through the game. Can't even turn them off because I have no journal entry to read about the quest I picked up last week because now game devs think we're all illiterate morons and reading is too hard.
    Also why are you looking for people to tell you what to do in an open world game? Looking for a fetch quest? Find a peasant. Looking for a story quest? Talk to a guy sitting on a throne.

Do I really have to go to Ft Dawnguard and talk to Isran if I want to start the Dawnguard DLC if my goal is to become a Vampire Lord in Lord Harkon's court? Seems weird that I go to the Dawnguard under the guise of wanting to be a Vampire hunter just to betray them later when I decide to become a Vampire.

Is there a mod that lets you start the quest chain just by going to Dimhollow Crypt when you learn about the downfall of the Hall of the Vigilants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Do I really have to go to Ft Dawnguard and talk to Isran if I want to start the Dawnguard DLC if my goal is to become a Vampire Lord in Lord Harkon's court? Seems weird that I go to the Dawnguard under the guise of wanting to be a Vampire hunter just to betray them later when I decide to become a Vampire
    There are likely mods to let you be a vampire immediately on starting the game...in fact I think it's one of the options in Alternate Start: Live Another Life.(great mod btw) However, the reason you have to go to the Fort is to start the story. It's after meeting certain people and hearing their backstory that you can make that decision, which is proper.

Being a vampire isn't some public posting within the lore where they are wantonly changing people willy nilly. It's because you are powerful and involved with the scrolls/destiny so your specific circumstance can lead you that way. Same as how not every single person in Whiterun is enlisting with the companions and then also becoming a werewolf. All the townsfolk speak of it as a great honor because of the rich tradition of heroism the Companions have had.

Similarly, the Vampires have a shrouded but nefarious reputation for ill deeds.

Not questioning your desire for play, just providing context as to why it is set up that way.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, well, it's all moot at the moment (I know about Alternate Start, but I was inquiring about it for characters that don't start that way).

Viewing the Vampire Lord perk tree is crashing my game, and I do not know why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, in my current Skyrim game Serana and I are on the coast just about to head to Vampire Castle. Right outside of Fort Dickwad that those dumb High Elves hang out at. I got lucky and got a Vampire with a Daedric Sword in the cave to get Serana, so now she is my zombie protector. I love Conjuration...just sit back and let the minions take care of combat. Well, that and summoning weapons out of thin air is pretty rad.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Yeah, well, it's all moot at the moment (I know about Alternate Start, but I was inquiring about it for characters that don't start that way).
    I googled and got some of the more popular mods, but I don't know how well they serve your purpose. I'm sure there's just a console command to turn yourself into a vampire as well if it is that important to do it without needing to do the story.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/..._vampire_mods/

They list the common ones, but also one that revamps the Castle and gives you quests for being the lord there? Idk. There are mods for everything. I would really just serach for vampire on the Nexus and see if there is one that does exactly or close to what you want.
    BAD WOLF

Well, yeah. But I can't do anything on it as of now because the vampire perk tree crashes my game. I need to get that fixed first.

Load Order:
    Skyrim.esm
    Update.esm
    Dawnguard.esm
    HearthFires.esm
    Dragonborn.esm
    Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
    ApachiiHair.esm
    Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
    dark light templates.esp
    Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
    craft soul gems.esp
    SkyUI.esp
    smithingupdates.esp
    hunter's discipline - 100%.esp
    bettermagic_full.esp
    fastercellrespawn.esp
    quest - no stone unturned.esp
    king's test 3.esp
    rtb_craftables.esp
    enchantmentcleanserdlc1.esp
    enchantmentcleanserdlc2.esp
    perkswohelmet.esp
    smithing 5 x faster.esp
    thalmor armour set.esp
    lockpicksweetspot.esp
    mormus.esp
    CraftableLockpicks.esp
    MiraakReplica.esp
    moardragons.esp
    killlakillsword.esp
    darker nights_20br.esp
    dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
    XPMSE.esp
    FNIS.esp
    Cloaks.esp
    enchantmentcleanser.esp
    ForgottenCity.esp
    longercraftingdurations.esp
    enchanting starter pack.esp
    KS Hairdo's.esp
    RaceMenu.esp
    RaceMenuPlugin.esp
    RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
    iHUD.esp
    CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
    Dynamic TimeScale.esp
    HDTTailsEquipable.esp
    Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
    Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp
    Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
    Bashed Patch, 0.esp
    I have a feeling that one of my mods is causing the crash, I just don't know which one is doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is jumping out at me, but my first thought is if you are running any mods that alter the Perk system. I'll ask the obviously dumb question, but you ran LOOT, FNIS, and WryeBash to check for any issues prior to booting up right?

Alternatively, were any mods added after you had already started a game? Sometimes mods really need a fresh start to work properly.

Again, the dumb questions.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Nothing is jumping out at me, but my first thought is if you are running any mods that alter the Perk system. I'll ask the obviously dumb question, but you ran LOOT, FNIS, and WryeBash to check for any issues prior to booting up right?

Alternatively, were any mods added after you had already started a game? Sometimes mods really need a fresh start to work properly.

Again, the dumb questions.
    1) The only mods I use that alters perks wouldn't modify the underlying system. (IE I just use mods that edits already existing perks which aren't related to Vampire Lord perks)
    2) This happens also on new games (via Alternate Start; Starting out as a member of Lord Harkon's Court).

Deleted
    There is always the brute force approach: disable all mods and see if it works now, then turn them on 2 or 3 at a time and check every time if it still works. (better would obviously to turn them on 1 by 1, but who has the time right ) Then you will find out what mod breaks it. Although it also can be that something fucked up your files in general, so only a reinstall will fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    There is always the brute force approach: disable all mods and see if it works now, then turn them on 2 or 3 at a time and check every time if it still works. (better would obviously to turn them on 1 by 1, but who has the time right ) Then you will find out what mod breaks it. Although it also can be that something fucked up your files in general, so only a reinstall will fix it.
    Yep, I had a couple of builds where this was the only solution. And there was even one build where I had to just reinstall everything, Skyrim included. Sometimes ish gets really broken.
    BAD WOLF