Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    How about the fact that meat isnt sustainable?

Since youre trying to compete with links, here you go http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts
    Stopped at #2. Transportaion emissions for livestock is harmful. Ummmmmm doesn't vegetables have to be hauled by transportation that emits the same emissions that are harmful

Lol should have known that a website called cowspiracy couldn't be scientifically objective. Smh. Only had to go to 2 to find something that was biased

Good afternoon all. I moved a few months back, so I've been sorta been away. I haven't paid attention to the forums like I used to, but I just happened to pop in today. I saw this gem. I was raised on a farm. Grew cotten, soy, corn, chicken, and cattle. All but the chickens were raised for profit.I'm actually getting into beekeeping. I didn't realize there was so much involved with keeping them alive and healthy. That being said, let me share with you an actual farmer's response to this vegan alarmist.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.
    Countless animals die every day to sate animals appetite. So what? Did you know some scientists theorize that the greenhouse effect is actually positive for humanity and the most of the world due to the increased growing season? Yes, it hits the most extreme ice caps... but even then the increased heat actually allows for more food to grow for that ecosystem. Anywho....

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.
    How is that any different from the Pro-choice/pro-life argument? I've never raised chickens other than for my own eggs/meat. I know I don't kill every male chicken that hatches. So... whatevs.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.
    False. Only in rare occasions are calves separated from their mothers at birth, and then it's usually to create veal. Raise your hands if you've ever had veal. Anyone? No? Ok then. The only times i've ever had to seperate a calf from its mother at birth is when the mother dies. Taking a calf from it's mother will severely impact the health of the baby moomoo to the point where survival is extremely low. This is due to a lack of Colostrum which contains antibodies and many other good things to help it survive it's first few days. Sadly, I've witnessed a calf die from a lack of colostrum. It's not pretty.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.
    I've only been working with bees for about 2 months now. They're fascinating creatures! I had no idea they were as fragile and required as much care as they do to keep them free of disease and happy enough to stick around in your boxes. It's more of a mutually beneficial relationship. I help the hive survive drought and winter. I get to take a little of their honey. Win, win.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.
    Each cow has it's own texture/taste? Do you realize how expensive it's going to be to convert all our cheap food sources to vat grown mystery meat? Also, if meat wasn't good for you why did we evolve with a need to consume animal flesh? Apart from an extremely limited number of plants, only animals carry the protein we need to survive?

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.
    TBH, I really have no idea where you're going with this comment. O.o

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    That's nice and all(And I may even try eating vegan some day), but why don't you stay out of my kitchen? I'm not asking anything from you, but you and your superiority complex are demanding I change to fit your world view. Didn't the conservatives attempt to do that with homosexuality at one point? My, how things change.

Its quite funny how people feel insulted and try to defend themselves with "im not pretentious like you, leave me alone, let me eat what I want!". This reasoning completely misses the point that our earth CANNOT keep going like it does right now with our gigantic meat consumtion. Theres just no space, even water is getting overused because the sick amounts agriculture uses. It takes 2500 GALLONS (9500 liter) water per burger. And California tries to solve lack of water by taking shorter showers? lmao
    Ummm California is a huge produce producer. A majority of water used is for the farmers with plants. Try again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Meat is totally sustainable. Try linking a website that isn't for profit.
    May I ask how you come to this conclusion?

Also funny how you mention profit, specially when the meat industry is getting an absurd amount of subsidies every year in order to be able to continue the way they are.

Deleted
    Humans isnt herbivores either. Our body isnt good at break down the tough vegetable fibers either. There is a reason we cook most of our vegetables.

We are like pandas. But then I again I dont care what people eats tbh.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-06-29 at 09:01 PM.

This is the the latest video of a French organisation for animal defense. This is in France. They have published several videos in different slaughterhouses in France. This is probably how it happens in the majority of slaughterhouses.

It is violent so don't watch it if you can handle violent images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN-wfd4Tm3s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    Ummm California is a huge produce producer. A majority of water used is for the farmers with plants. Try again
    Majority of the water is used for plants to feed livestock, correct.

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    I don't care what you think about my body, I care about what the pretty girls I bang think about my body. Thank you for your unnecessary and irrelevant opinion

How about you show me your superhero vegan body then ? Or even better, repeat your hateful vomit right to my face in real life ?

And no is not a myth. The fat you get from meat is good for testosterone production. And the amount of protein is higher in meat than in nuts and soy is out of the equation for any man who take care of his body.
    Yes it's a myth cretin, watch the video I sent he talks about the exact myth of "fat in the meat is good for testosterone". He mentions studies which disprove it, and the guy is a med student so he knows what he's talking about.

Soy is out of the equation for anyone who takes care of their body? Watch the video he also talks about that, he talks about how meat is actually worse if you're talking about the negative effects of estrogen.

Your stupidity and ignorance is laughable. So is your attempt at acting tough and wanting to fight me, sorry buddy, your 70kg frame doesn't scare me

How about the fact that meat isnt sustainable?

Since youre trying to compete with links, here you go http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts
    All those "facts" about water usage are meaningless.
    How many gallons of water does it take to sustain a human? Try looking that one up, then your cowspiracy mumbo jumbo won't seem so impressive to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    Good afternoon all. I moved a few months back, so I've been sorta been away. I haven't paid attention to the forums like I used to, but I just happened to pop in today. I saw this gem. I was raised on a farm. Grew cotten, soy, corn, chicken, and cattle. All but the chickens were raised for profit.I'm actually getting into beekeeping. I didn't realize there was so much involved with keeping them alive and healthy. That being said, let me share with you an actual farmer's response to this vegan alarmist.

Countless animals die every day to sate animals appetite. So what? Did you know some scientists theorize that the greenhouse effect is actually positive for humanity and the most of the world due to the increased growing season? Yes, it hits the most extreme ice caps... but even then the increased heat actually allows for more food to grow for that ecosystem. Anywho....

How is that any different from the Pro-choice/pro-life argument? I've never raised chickens other than for my own eggs/meat. I know I don't kill every male chicken that hatches. So... whatevs.

False. Only in rare occasions are calves separated from their mothers at birth, and then it's usually to create veal. Raise your hands if you've ever had veal. Anyone? No? Ok then. The only times i've ever had to seperate a calf from its mother at birth is when the mother dies. Taking a calf from it's mother will severely impact the health of the baby moomoo to the point where survival is extremely low. This is due to a lack of Colostrum which contains antibodies and many other good things to help it survive it's first few days. Sadly, I've witnessed a calf die from a lack of colostrum. It's not pretty.

I've only been working with bees for about 2 months now. They're fascinating creatures! I had no idea they were as fragile and required as much care as they do to keep them free of disease and happy enough to stick around in your boxes. It's more of a mutually beneficial relationship. I help the hive survive drought and winter. I get to take a little of their honey. Win, win.

Each cow has it's own texture/taste? Do you realize how expensive it's going to be to convert all our cheap food sources to vat grown mystery meat? Also, if meat wasn't good for you why did we evolve with a need to consume animal flesh? Apart from an extremely limited number of plants, only animals carry the protein we need to survive?

TBH, I really have no idea where you're going with this comment. O.o

That's nice and all(And I may even try eating vegan some day), but why don't you stay out of my kitchen? I'm not asking anything from you, but you and your superiority complex are demanding I change to fit your world view. Didn't the conservatives attempt to do that with homosexuality at one point? My, how things change.
    I quoted whole thing because they need to read this. Some of my family has been farmers. You are spot on. Don't worry they'll post some vegan website posting claims that have never been proven to disprove you even though they have no experience.

Its quite funny how people feel insulted and try to defend themselves with "im not pretentious like you, leave me alone, let me eat what I want!". This reasoning completely misses the point that our earth CANNOT keep going like it does right now with our gigantic meat consumtion. Theres just no space, even water is getting overused because the sick amounts agriculture uses. It takes 2500 GALLONS (9500 liter) water per burger. And California tries to solve lack of water by taking shorter showers? lmao
    Do you realize that earth is a closed system. No water escapes. How are we supposed to be losing water?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No, the diet includes the supplement. That makes the diet balanced.
    By your logic literally any diet is balanced because you can just add supplements.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    By your logic literally any diet is balanced because you can just add supplements.
    These are facts.

The answer to sustainability may have nothing to do with becoming a vegan but instead be around finding a way to better manage our existing resources. I do not have to stop supporting my butcher or fish monger because the animal industry on the large is currently unsustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    These are facts.
    I wouldn't say that. Eating only sugar with dietary supplements ins't balance. An overabundance of one thing can be just as harmful to you as a lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersemi View Post
    I don't believe I was aggressive at all in my post, it's cute that you're getting so defensive. Also, everybody is self-righteous in this world. Look at this thread. Meat eaters are self-righteous too. Everybody believes what they are doing is best.
    Sure, but not everybody wants to make other everybodies to live as they want. You won't see me personally running circles around my vegan colleagues, preaching about how meat is superior and how they should eat meat - despite me believing in that. No, never. I don't care what other people eat, its their lives and they can eat whatever they want. But the same people who I never am bothering, for some reason think they are better than me and have all the rights to destroy my dinner time by their vegan preaching. That's why they get a very precise attitute, - the middle finger - the attitude you see in this and many other vegan threads as well.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-29 at 09:02 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

What I wonder is, why is this thread still open?

Lmao. Try again. Look at California's exports produce wise. Look at the grape valleys. At the huge orchards. At the cotton. At the wheat(and it's for human consumption as corn is a favored livestock feed) at the Huge amounts of human produce. And also the feed for the horses which aren't for human consumption. And yes some cattle. But Texas Montana etc argue about how big a cattle producer Cali is

B-but the environment... There will be no second earth, there is only this one. Why can't we take care of it?
    The earth will be fine and figure out how to live. (Its been told its ending quite a few times throughout the billions of years its been around.) We'll be fucked. Which I'm fine with.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Eating only sugar with dietary supplements ins't balance. An overabundance of one thing can be just as harmful to you as a lack of it.
    So... you just said having too much of something isn't balanced. That's obvious.

You can, however, eat only sugar as a pure food and supplement everything else as part of a balanced diet. There's nothing wrong with that.