Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantomime View Post
    I consume a tremendous amount of news media, and from my point of view(as a straight, white, male) the left generally asks me to not be an asshole and to acknowledge the institutional advantage I have. Sometimes people take that way too far and I'd love to see them get called out more, but they're far smaller then the generally moderate leftist media. Now, the other side constantly, and I can't overstate this enough, I mean, CONSTANTLY tells me I'm being besieged by everybody who is not me. Watch an hour of Fox News, read any two articles from Breibart, Infowars, RedState, National Review, listen to twenty minutes of Rush, Ramsey, Savage or Levin and you will come away thinking the white male is in immediate danger of extinction. The tone of the right media-machine is much more sensational, dire, and fearmongering and it constantly terrifies me that people are so quick to give into that fear.

The white male is not under siege, he's being asked to reconsider(sometimes in unreasonable ways) how he views the world, and specifically how he has dominated the narrative of western culture for a thousand plus years often times at the expense of everybody who is not him. I'm okay with that, it's better than the very possible "kill whitey" narrative will take over should he not reconsider.
    You make a ton of sense. Whenever I come across right-wing media that is usually the message being pumped in. Christians are being eradicated, white people are being overtaken, xxxx is behind it all, and I just sit there dumbfounded.

I support them in their desire to be proud for being straight.

I will make sure to never support any legislation that oppresses them for being straight.

I would do the same for every ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, nationality, height, weight, age, skin color, and even if they suck at video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    and even if they suck at video games.
    Woah woah woah lets take a second here and think this through. Is it really so bad to outlaw being bad at videogames?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Can I ask you a question? Do you hate it when a straight couple does the same?
    Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Woah woah woah lets take a second here and think this through. Is it really so bad to outlaw being bad at videogames?
    How will we test this, Dark Souls?
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantomime View Post
    he's being asked to reconsider(sometimes in unreasonable ways) how he views the world, and specifically how he has dominated the narrative of western culture for a thousand plus years often times at the expense of everybody who is not him
    All white men alive today are doing this? I didn't realise we lived for thousands of years. I also didn't realise I was dominating "the narrative" and being selfish while doing it (sure it's OK for non-whites to be selfish though)... am I supposed to working for a paper or magazine or something?

And here I was thinking I'd be lucky to make it to 70 with the low life expectancy of men in my family.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-29 at 09:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well, it was not so much directed at you, but the political power in Russia. I am Russian... though I moved to the US when I was 7. My parents still watch Russian TV, I still talk to my mother in Russian, etc... so I feel a bit... ashamed... to call myself Russian with what has been going on with Putin in power.
    I moved back to Russia from Finland 7 years ago, and, dont be ashamed, its not bad here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    How will we test this, Dark Souls?
    Dark Souls speed run as deprived in NG+

There are times that I would love to murder someone in a multiplayer game, I must admit that. Instead of damning them, I just hope their daughters grow up to be huge whores, and their sons turn out to hate their fathers. Hell, I'll settle for some male-pattern baldness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell desi suave View Post
    This is just as dumb as gay pride. Like you're proud to be the standard.. jaja
    You know, gays aren't actually proud to be gay. Well, some of us may think that's the emotion they're experiencing. What is actually the case is that we're unashamed, resolute in our will to have all the rights we deserve recognized. When people go on pride parades, what they're actually saying is that. No sane person would be proud of something they didn't actually bring to reality themselves.

That is not what I said. I said that people can't complain about being white and straight when they haven't experienced the same persecution and oppression minorities and homosexuals have. I used the brick example because that actually happened to me.

You can have any opinion you want, but if you're going to act like being white and straight is a horribly oppressive thing, you're objectively wrong.
    Yep. Still a load of hot garbage telling straight people to shut up and don't complain because you're priveleged. Thank you for playing the oppressed race. It reminds me that no one is actually equal or wants equality.

Dark Souls speed run as deprived in NG+
    I steered the fail bus that was Rhyolith, I've done my time. Tradewind is my witness (and the source of my pain).
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is not the world, it is just a few marginal organizations that need such things to justify their existence. It is not a novelty, and various organizations have been doing it throughout the history.

In reality, such events are very-very unlikely to affect you, and if they do affect you, then trust me, the reaction of some random organizations will be he least of your concerns.
    I'm sorry. Did you miss the part where a fucking state senator and the POTUS stuck their noses into this case and blew it up? Oh, wait no. You have to keep up the impression that nothing is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It reminds me that no one is actually equal or wants equality.
    The point you're missing is that we want to be equal with white, straight people. They're already the pinnacle. There is no further for them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell desi suave View Post
    so you're proud of being outlandishly boisterous, colourful, an effeminate... seems legit
    Depends on the person. Not every gay man is effeminate, colorful, or boisterous. We're normal people. Some of us are quiet, some are social, some are more feminine, some are more masculine, some have jobs, some don't, some have kids, some don't, the list goes on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I've been to Russia since then (in St.Petersburg) the City is nice, once you go outside, not so much.

But I have also been watching the News, both in Russian and English, that have not made it pretty. Basically Putin is going after opposition, putting them into prison, discrediting them, or outright (supposedly) assassinating them.

He is also the Richest leader in the world. He is basically setting up an oligarchy in Russia.

As for gay rights, I have also seen how that is going. People being abused sometimes by the police themselves, etc... not pretty at all.
    yes, we have much to do here

The point you're missing is that we want to be equal with white, straight people. They're already the pinnacle. There is no further for them to go.

Depends on the person. Not every gay man is effeminate, colorful, or boisterous. We're normal people. Some of us are quiet, some are social, some are more feminine, some are more masculine, some have jobs, some don't, some have kids, some don't, the list goes on.
    Lol. The pinnacle. I guess there's nothing wrong with being proud when people just decide your race/sexuality is the best to claim second place.

Fucking amazing. Are YOU white?

As much as I shrug at this hashtag, it's very possible to be straight and still be discriminated against so I hope people aren't brushing it off completely. I think it's important to remember there are assholes and victims in every camp and to not get too bent out of shape by the majority of people just trying to enjoy themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. The pinnacle. I guess there's nothing wrong with being proud when people just decide your race/sexuality is the best to claim second place.

I am white, yes.

There should be no places. Everyone should be on the same level regardless of sexuality, skin color, culture, or creed.

Deleted
    Yeah, he is.

I guess the pinnacle for suicides is white men, too.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat..._2009_2013.pdf

Other minorities need to catch up. The Native Americans are overcompensating for that low black and hispanic suicide rate.