Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You already are equal with white, straight people in the US. In other countries that's not necessarily the pinnacle(especially in many of the countries you listed where being gay is actually illegal).
    No we're not, still by a long shot. There are many states where it's still legal to fire us on basis of sexuality. Two states are fighting right now to incorporate laws that allow discrimination in services by sexuality. It wasn't until just a year ago that we could even get married on a federal basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I am white, yes.

There should be no places. Everyone should be on the same level regardless of sexuality, skin color, culture, or creed.
    Which is why straight people are forbidden to be proud. Because you decided they were better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Which is why straight people are forbidden to be proud. Because you decided they were better.
    I don't know why I have to keep explaining this.

No one said you can't be proud of being white, male, and/or straight. No one.

All we said is that creating a platform for straight white male civil rights is offensive when you're not facing persecution and you're already the top dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry. Did you miss the part where a fucking state senator and the POTUS stuck their noses into this case and blew it up? Oh, wait no. You have to keep up the impression that nothing is wrong.
    It seems there is some problem with reading abilities in the Internet culture. I didn't say that nothing was wrong, I said that the event was, first, insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and second, the falsely accused in rape was found innocent and is currently making a case against the girl to restore his damaged reputation. Obama's position on this has zero relevance, as he doesn't have the authority to influence the case in any way.

Lol. The pinnacle. I guess there's nothing wrong with being proud when people just decide your race/sexuality is the best to claim second place.

Fucking amazing. Are YOU white?
    You aren't even trying to understand his point... You just keep repeating the same sarcastic sentences over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

All we said is that creating a platform for straight white male civil rights is offensive when you're not facing persecution and you're already the top dog.
    So you're saying there are no white straight males who are persecuted? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice, I've been fired based on bullshit as well and I'm a straight white male. We all have shit we have to do deal with in life.
    Lol.. you weren't fired because of your sexuality though but because of "bullshit"

Deleted
    If I posted what I want to post, I would get banned. So let's just leave it at: LOL.

How much of that kool-aid did you drink, exactly?

All pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others right?

Lol offensive. As offensive as being white at a BLM rally.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love double standards, people go berserk when you say somethin against homo, but when its hetero you can complain all you want
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice, I've been fired based on bullshit as well and I'm a straight white male. We all have shit we have to do deal with in life.
    It's sad when people equate "something similar happened to me for completely unrelated reasons" to discrimination and think it's all okay. No, it's okay, because I, too, was fired from a job for something stupid, and that's the same as being fired for being black or gay or Jewish. It's completely, utterly, 100% the same.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    So you're saying there are no white straight males who are persecuted? lol
    No one is talking about individual persecution but rather systemic from culture/society and government. Stop trying to match the two up. They're not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a white male, and I was bullied when at high school. Guess what, there are groups fighting bullying. I've never been picked on for being a heterosexual though, and I haven't heard of anyone who has. I fail to see how some people do not see the difference between LGBT and homosexual pride days... I don't mind either of them, but to claim that they serve exactly the same purpose is to deny reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    man those straight parades are gonna be so boring... at least gay people know how to have fun
    oppressive double standard right there. I couldnt say oh those gay people are boring

Anyone that feels the need, to celebrate this are in the wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't mind either of them, but to claim that they serve exactly the same purpose is to deny reality.
    Who is doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Maaanwell desi suave View Post
    so you're proud of being outlandishly boisterous, colourful, an effeminate... seems legit
    Can you even read? I specifically explained how gays aren't proud of anything.

Also, fun fact, in my personal experience, there are more effeminate straight guys I've run into than gay ones. Many more. So... Yeah... Way to be stupidly stereotypical.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-06-29 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    No one is talking about individual persecution but rather systemic from culture/society and government.
    You mean like this, Dars?

Like this, right?

Like this you mean?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41139486

Wow! See this is the problem. A person who says he was fired "based on bullshit" and cannot get the context of being fired over for your sexual preference.

I mean how can you really have a conversation when people say "I got fired for stealing boxes". It must be the same as being fired for discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have been fired from a couple of jobs for no real reason that they could give. Within a couple weeks they had one of their friends working in my place. So they fabricated reasons and let me go. I get that it's not on the same level as being discriminated against based on your sexuality, but it's not that hard to live in a place that has laws protecting your legal status. I have to do so with my particular medication. Hence, I live in DC currently and am looking to get post-grad employment in a state that is friendly to people who don't want to shove a million pills down their throat.
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's an unfortunate consequence of at-will employment in a lot of states (aside from protected classes), which leaves little recourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have been fired from a couple of jobs for no real reason that they could give. Within a couple weeks they had one of their friends working in my place. So they fabricated reasons and let me go. I get that it's not on the same level as being discriminated against based on your sexuality, but it's not that hard to live in a place that has laws protecting your legal status. I have to do so with my particular medication. Hence, I live in DC currently and am looking to get post-grad employment in a state that is friendly to people who don't want to shove a million pills down their throat.
    But isn't that kind of a problematic mindset? Don't like it move. Eventually there will be places where not a single person can live peacefully because of some outdated law. What's wrong with fighting against it if you want to live where you currently live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I say, just make it #SexualPrideDay,
    That did exist.
    Was called Love Parade. Started out with 150 ppl, and became the World's largest party. predates the Internet as we know it.
    Sadly a disaster put a sudden end to it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Parade

Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-29 at 09:53 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."