Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    If you need vitamin supplements then you cant.
    To be fair, the only vitamin or mineral you can't get on a plant based died vs the standard diet is B12, which the standard diet only provide because of the animal's supplementation in most circumstances. To prevent or alleviate the widespread cobalt-B12 deficiency, farmers routinely add cobalt to animal feeds or salt licks. Some fertilize pastures with cobalt-enriched fertilizers; others opt for periodic quick-fix B12 injections.

So, vegans or plant based eaters (vegan without the moral hangup) only really need 1 direct supplementation, which the standard diet is being supplemented indirectly; we're eating "fortified" meat.

Deleted
    Because vegans are pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That's so much bullshit you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

This is fucking real:
    [snip]

As is this:
    [snip]

And this:
    [snip]

There's so, so, so much more.

The simple fact of the matter is that you're talking out of your ass.

Vegans live their life doing the least amount of harm possible, and slapdicks like you live their lives not giving two shits what harm is done as long as it tastes good or is fun.
    I had to snip the pics because it was making me too hungry. Otherwise, not sure what the pics had to do with the dude you quoted.

Has anyone answered "Because fuck you" yet? Because I really thought someone would have by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ichebu View Post
    To be fair, the only vitamin or mineral you can't get on a plant based died vs the standard diet is B12, which the standard diet only provide because of the animal's supplementation in most circumstances. To prevent or alleviate the widespread cobalt-B12 deficiency, farmers routinely add cobalt to animal feeds or salt licks. Some fertilize pastures with cobalt-enriched fertilizers; others opt for periodic quick-fix B12 injections.

So, vegans or plant based eaters (vegan without the moral hangup) only really need 1 direct supplementation, which the standard diet is being supplemented indirectly; we're eating "fortified" meat.
    Not necessarily true on the supplementation being the reason the food contains it. For example there is multiple fish species with high b12 that occurs naturally. They are not given supplements

By the way the b12 supplements for livestock you mentioned aren't so they will pass the b12 on to humans. They are bc in certain areas it is needed for the health of the livestock and actually a lot of times is given in areas where it may not even be needed
    http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/content/ar...lt-supplements
    Last edited by Bauglir; 2016-06-29 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Because it's idiotic. I'm eating mostly fish and chicken. The red meat I have is almost always wild meat, like deer, elk and so on. Any pork or beef I have is from a small, local farm, whom I know and trust. Their animals are happy and have a good life, not filled with hormones and other crap. I'm very selective about what fish I eat too. No tuna, no cod. Preferably fished with hooks.

Other than that, I don't mind vegetarian food at all. It's really good. Plus it's easy on the environment, as long as it's ecological. But with a limited budget, I often don't have the luxury of eco food.

But to address the things you've mentioned, I think all the stuff you mention looks like you're not serious so I won't bother responding to it more than this. You're obviously baiting.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-06-29 at 10:36 PM.

No preaching and hypocrisy please. @OP goes on about how precious life is, then chows down on plants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because I find our treatment of vegetables to be inhumane. They are kept in confined rows, force fed chemicals to induce faster growth, only to be yanked out of the ground and killed for your kale salad.
    @op

Please respond to these atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    Not necessarily true on the supplementation being the reason the food contains it. For example there is multiple fish species with high b12 that occurs naturally. They are not given supplements
    Didn't state it was the sole reasoning, but it's an industry standard for the most farmed meats such as beef, pork and chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    By the way the b12 supplements for livestock you mentioned aren't so they will pass the b12 on to humans. They are bc in certain areas it is needed for the health of the livestock and actually a lot of times is given in areas where it may not even be needed
    Regardless of why it's supplemented, if the livestock had a deficiency, we would likely have a deficiency as well. American standards for the farming industry are far, far lower than the rest of the world. Your article pertains to NWS areas, so I imagine our view is a tad different due to that.
    Last edited by ichebu; 2016-06-29 at 11:00 PM. Reason: To respond to the edited response...

Quote Originally Posted by ichebu View Post
    Didn't state it was the sole reasoning, but it's an industry standard for the most farmed meats such as beef, pork and chicken.
    Read the link I posted on the edit. It may the standard but in a lot of cases it's not needed

Honestly, I am sort of vegan. Sort of, because I think that breeding animals in solid conditions is fair.

Sort of, because most restaurants can't cook meat properly.

That's the BIGGEST ISSUE RIGHT THERE. Most cooks don't respect the animal, can't cook it properly. And that is an insult to the animals. They spend their whole life making the best meat and you can't even cook it properly ? How dare you cook it ?

In face of shitty cook ... I am vegan. I also think they should be charged with animal cruelty if they can't prepare the meal of the animal properly. The animal was bread to be eaten, if you can't serve it with dignity, you shouldn't do the job.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Honestly, I am sort of vegan. Sort of, because I think that breeding animals in solid conditions is fair.

Sort of, because most restaurants can't cook meat properly.

That's the BIGGEST ISSUE RIGHT THERE. Most cooks don't respect the animal, can't cook it properly. And that is an insult to the animals. They spend their whole life making the best meat and you can't even cook it properly ? How dare you cook it ?

In face of shitty cook ... I am vegan. I also think they should be charged with animal cruelty if they can't prepare the meal of the animal properly. The animal was bread to be eaten, if you can't serve it with dignity, you shouldn't do the job.
    Are you one of those steak snobs who think anything other than blue or rare is ruining a steak?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Has anyone answered "Because fuck you" yet? Because I really thought someone would have by now.
    That is not a very sensible reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Are you one of those steak snobs who think anything other than blue or rare is ruining a steak?
    Nop. I don't eat beef. It's too expensive where I live. Here we eat pork or chicken and there are two kinds of ppl where I live. One kind likes juicy meat and the other likes well done meat. My mother and gf are, sadly, the 2nd kind ... therefore I am sort of vegan. I don't want to eat well done chicken or pork. The sauce will do.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know i'm not really a picky eater, just eat whatever. "Going on a diet", or "becoming vegan" is a giant waste of time for me because I don't give a shit about food, I just eat for nutrition because I have no choice. I actually wish I didn't have to eat, or sleep for that matter.
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz | 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 670 SC | ASUS Z77V LK | Seagate Berracuda 2TB
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymeimei/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You can have that as a vegan too! You may need to take vitamin supplements though.
    do supplements grow on trees? why would i take a pill instead of eating steak every now and then
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    These are facts.
    Not when actual studies show negative effects of trying to replace a balanced diet with supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    therefore I am sort of vegan. I don't want to eat well done chicken or pork. The sauce will do.
    I wouldn't recommend not eating "well done" chicken or pork, it's not like cow.

I suggest you to visit a やくにく (yakuniku) restaurant in Japan. You will change your idea. fucking delicious

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    do supplements grow on trees? why would i take a pill instead of eating steak every now and then
    And what these people don't realize is in many cases the enviromental effects from the production of these pills are much higher than the meat would be.

op get back on your self righteous horse and fuck off ty
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    It takes just as many resources to grow and produce all of the vegan foods as it does livestock; sure livestock may have some pollution issues, but what doesnt?

Those plastic bags your salad comes in? Guess where it goes. Same place where any other plastic goes. Recycled or littered.

Everything is bad not in moderation. Eating meat will never go away. Period. Humans are not herbivores by nature.