Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    I've been eating meat since i was kid. And i feel pretty damn good.
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Nop. I don't eat beef. It's too expensive where I live. Here we eat pork or chicken and there are two kinds of ppl where I live. One kind likes juicy meat and the other likes well done meat. My mother and gf are, sadly, the 2nd kind ... therefore I am sort of vegan. I don't want to eat well done chicken or pork. The sauce will do.
    You are aware that chicken must be cooked well done? Pork is slightly less strict but still should be cooked to basically well done. That's not what makes them not juicy. Myself and my father cook very juicy pork and chicken. Your family just sucks at cooking the meat. Anything less than well done for both of those is risking illness because of the nature of the bacteria in the animals meaning that the meat needs to be cooked all the way through. That doesn't mean all pinkness is gone because the important factor is the internal temperature.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

My company pays for my meals on the road, and the only thing more tasty than a medium rare prime rib, is a medium rare prime rib for which I do not have to pay.

Free prime ribs: the only reason I don't mind doing a few overnights a week.

If I were a vegan, I'd have to quit my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite
    I don't have any emotional connection to those animals. They are bred to be my food. They are delicious too.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.
    And are delicious.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.
    Bee keepers do a good job managing bees. The hive has to survive to make honey. You should research this more. Bees are fine.

Veganism is a death sentence in humans. Vegetarianism has a rich history across many cultures, but veganism is a strange religion that is fatal unless you take supplements. If you want to be vegan, that's fine, so long as you research your supplements so you don't damage yourself or die. But it's spooky how you all go around trying to convert people, especially because the very real downsides of this combination philosophy / lifestyle choice / diet / religion are always downplayed or left out of the promos.

Veganism is entirely unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    It takes just as many resources to grow and produce all of the vegan foods as it does livestock; sure livestock may have some pollution issues, but what doesnt?

Those plastic bags your salad comes in? Guess where it goes. Same place where any other plastic goes. Recycled or littered.

Everything is bad not in moderation. Eating meat will never go away. Period. Humans are not herbivores by nature.
    This.

The whole veganism thing was about dietary issues, not having any kinds of animal products and not endorsing the usage of leather clothing/furniture etc.
    Now it's just a movement to bully you into joining them with pictures of dead cows and stuff with snarky "How do you like it now"
    This thread is a little more calm but it was made with the intention to make you doubt why you're not really a vegan. Let's be honest.

They forget that we're all killing the Earth. I'd rather save this more than farm Animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    I wouldn't recommend not eating "well done" chicken or pork, it's not like cow.
    Yeah, but then again you don't know what you are talking about ... so I will pass on your recommendation. If you give me well done chicken in a restaurant, I will pass and never come back. Pork is more tricky, the more fat it has, the more room you have to mess up ... but if you give me well done tenderloin I may become agressive.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Simple - I have little or no moral qualms with killing non-human animals. I simply do not regard them as having any rights. I try to prevent undue suffering where it's possible, but if killing an animal improves my life, I don't really have to think twice about the matter.

I have no particular compunctions about this in a first-hand sense either - I've killed plenty of research mice myself. I don't enjoy it and it makes me a bit queasy, but I don't have any moral compunctions about it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8 If you could direct your attention to this video, I think you will find it's sufficeint to explain why op is the way they are.
    Last edited by Tholey; 2016-06-29 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you tell if someone's a Vegan?

Wait 5 minutes and they'll make a thread about it.

I like my food, and I'm doing okay as-is.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because being a vegan does not give you a moral high ground. Because humans are omnivores, not herbivores or carnivores. Because meat and other products made out of animales in your daily food intake gives you a more balanced lifestyle. Because animalistic food products taste good. Do I need to continue?
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-29 at 11:21 PM.

Plants are living things too... stop eating them!?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man was created/evolved, what ever you want to call it, to be omnivorous. There is a reason our bodies can digest both meat and vegetables. Get over yourself, you will lose this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You are aware that chicken must be cooked well done? Pork is slightly less strict but still should be cooked to basically well done. That's not what makes them not juicy. Myself and my father cook very juicy pork and chicken. Your family just sucks at cooking the meat. Anything less than well done for both of those is risking illness because of the nature of the bacteria in the animals meaning that the meat needs to be cooked all the way through. That doesn't mean all pinkness is gone because the important factor is the internal temperature.
    You are aware that chicken does not have to be cooked well done ? Is your father aware ? There are places that serve Chicken Tartare ... skin of chicken contains the bacteries, not the meat. You can steresterilize the skin and cover of the meat and then eat the meat raw ... boom.

I know ... common knowledge is if you touch raw chicken, you die ... but that's not the reality.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I think it's really more of a "animals have brains, plants don't" type of logic to them.

As an example, I have a stalker on the forum here who remembers me saying, like no joke 6+ months ago, I have no problem glue trapping rodents (the plants, to a vegan), and throwing it in the garbage if it was still barely alive on the trap but I would however feel bad if it was a cat or dog (the cows, to a vegan)...

In other words, one "means" more to me (and clearly vegans) than the other.
    To even bring up that analogy to only show that you're unnecessarily cruel to animals...

Wow, you're a dick. :/

And no, eating meat isn't the same as that. You're just a dick.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-06-30 at 03:05 AM.

B-but the environment... There will be no second earth, there is only this one. Why can't we take care of it?
    The thought that becoming a vegan will cure the environment of all of it's problems, is extremely naive and ignorant. Yes, it would reduce some greenhouse gas production, but you're talking a 1% difference. Maybe try a thread about people switching over to clean, renewable energy. That's something I'm sure everyone would love to get behind.

Not a vegan because I believe in a healthy balanced diet. I do however believe in supporting local farms, that provide the livestock with (what I assume to be) a healthy environment to live in and proper nutrition. Unlike your post, there are a lot of good farmers out there that take care of the livestock. Not everything is a cold dark terrible meat factory. Do the animals die and feed other animals? Yes, of course they do. That's called a food chain. I absolutely respect everyones decisions on their own diets, but don't try to make your sound like the future when you're missing crucial information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    This.

The whole veganism thing was about dietary issues, not having any kinds of animal products and not endorsing the usage of leather clothing/furniture etc.
    Now it's just a movement to bully you into joining them with pictures of dead cows and stuff with snarky "How do you like it now"
    This thread is a little more calm but it was made with the intention to make you doubt why you're not really a vegan. Let's be honest.

They forget that we're all killing the Earth. I'd rather save this more than farm Animals.
    +1. Exactly. Same goes with specific Gluten/Dairy rejections. I feel really bad for the people that actually have a lactose intolerance or are celiac. Bread isn't bad for you, just don't eat it with every god damn meal. SELF-MODERATION IS A THING PEOPLE. BELIEVE.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Because its unhealthy and I don't want to die with such a pathetic death?

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Are you threatening me?

Does the OP not realise they are doing more harm than good by posting this sort of throat ramming nonsense? People get alienated by this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3644213.html

There you go. Who's BS? Take your pointless denial elsewhere.
    Ha! You should have seen that guy in the other thread to do with live export cattle being slaughtered inhumanely. He did lots of handwaving there.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I think it's really more of a "animals have brains, plants don't" type of logic to them.

As an example, I have a stalker on the forum here who remembers me saying, like no joke 6+ months ago, I have no problem glue trapping rodents (the plants, to a vegan), and throwing it in the garbage if it was still barely alive on the trap but I would however feel bad if it was a cat or dog (the cows, to a vegan)...

In other words, one "means" more to me (and clearly vegans) than the other.
    I was this 'stalker' who only brought up the point once. You shouldn't be doing that stuff; animals gnaw their legs off and rip their faces off from these traps trying to escape. It is hideous and disturbing. It shows a massive level of disrespect and contempt of life to throw a suffering animal into the garbage like that, especially an animal as cognitively and biologically advanced as a rodent. I don't care if you like dogs and cats "more", it's wrong to do something like that.

When they can synthesize meat that replicates cows, pig, etc. then I'll happily support a ban on slaughterhouses. Until then, we are designed to eat meat.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't want to suffer from nutrient deficiencies, and I don't want to be popping expensive pills every day?