Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Ok then, let me rephrase: garbage show as far as I watched. Didn't entice me to watch further.
    Here's the problem with what you've said: You called TNG "God tier" when TNG's first season was far worse than ENT's first season...

I actually liked Star Trek: Enterprise. Temporal Coldwar was intriguing.

First season was boring though. Things didn't pick up till sometime in the second season. I did like the Xindi arc and felt it was memorable and notable within the Star Trek canon. Last season though was kind of a mess but I guess it does explain the reversal of roles between the humans and the vulcans after first contact.

To me Voyager was the absolute worst Star Trek series. While I liked Janeway as captain the way the episodes were written with Janeway's infallibility and holier than thou moral standard was a big problem for me. At some point it just stopped being dramatic because you knew she was going to end up being right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Who the hell is Zekrom Cochran? Do you mean Zefram Cochrane?
    maybe? /10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    First season was boring though. Things didn't pick up till sometime in the second season.
    Most of the Star Trek shows are like that. It was true of TNG and DS9. (I never liked VOY, but I do think it got better after the first season as well.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    What if Zekrom Cochran attacked the Vulcans who made first contact instead of befriending them... Oh this is just a federation goes full Nazi fan fic.
    "Fan fic?" That was the MIRROR UNIVERSE... a thing first introduced in the Original Series and then revisited again and again on DS9.

As for the finale, you can blame Berman and Bragga for that one.

cancelled before it could really find its footing
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    cancelled before it could really find its footing
    I disagree and think it found its footing in the season three. The problem was that too many Star Trek fans had checked out by that time, either due to franchise fatigue or simply because they didn't agree that Star Trek should have a prequel series and it wasn't the kind of show they wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    My problem isn't so much with the show itself, but that Enterprise didn't feel like Star Trek. for me
    For me it did - it had a fantastic intro with good music and I liked very much showing the different types of ships all sharing the same name.
    I liked the crew and what it was about - adventuring and that IS Star Trek.

I started watching Enterprise the year I moved to Canada. I didn't have many friends so television was my mainstay. Hardcore Star Trek fans often say it's trash, but I haven't watched any of the originals so I have no frame of reference. I loved it. It wasn't perfect but I love that it was set at the very beginning of human interstellar travel, and all the politics that came with it. I also really liked the season-spanning Xindi arc.

I think, for all the Star Trek purists out there, what you may not appreciate is that Enterprise may have brought newer fans to the franchise who may have went to watch the older ones. That's the least of its virtues.

Also that opening...

I've got faaaaaaiiiiiith...of the haaaaaaaaaaaart

I only watched a few episodes and it actually seemed interesting at the time. But that was back when I was at the mercy of Australian TV and the dreaded Sci Fi midnight slot, so I wound up not seeing it.

For the record, I like TOS and the OS films. There are things I liked about TNG but... well, I watched a few episodes recently and the most charitable thing I can say is maybe there were a lot of terrible filler episodes... I should try to watch a "best of" instead...

As a Babylon 5 man I've always looked down my nose at DS9. Voyager was... okay? At least at the time I didn't mind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archer was kind of an asshole, and his character seemed to change a lot depending who was writing the episode. That was what I didn't like at the time.

Looking back, the show was ahead of its time in many regards, 16:9 and HD when few shows were, had a serial feel to it as well, but DVRs were not as prevalent then so it didn't work as well as it does now.

I liked Shran, but as a DS9 fanboy, Jeffrey Combs can do no wrong in my eyes.

The downfall of Star Trek started with Enterprise, but it was not until the reboot films that the franchise was completely and utterly destroyed and buried in the ground.
    Voyager was still good in certain ways. Compared to TNG and DS9 it had more lame characters and lame episodes; so it was more of a hit and miss show, but to me it was ultimately saved by a number of great episodes, storylines and a few compelling characters.
    Last edited by deepr; 2016-06-28 at 10:49 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All hail Empress Sato!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Ok then, let me rephrase: garbage show as far as I watched. Didn't entice me to watch further.
    Which IMO, makes the whole show garbage. Its the shows job to entice us, not our job to watch trash in hopes it stops being trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I liked Shran, but as a DS9 fanboy, Jeffrey Combs can do no wrong in my eyes.
    NO! Mr.Combs CAN DO NO WRONG! In any ones eyes!!!!!

If you think he did wrong, your eyes are bad, get new ones.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The downfall of Star Trek started with Enterprise
    I thought Voyager was the beginning of the downfall of Star Trek. ENT managed to temporarily stop the hemorrhaging of quality.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked Enterprise pretty well. Was very surprised when I learned about how much other Trek fans disliked it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The series was ok I suppose, but I'm definitely down for a T'pol appreciation thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    The series was ok I suppose, but I'm definitely down for a T'pol appreciation thread.
    Oh yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Enterprise and was sad too see it go. There were some bad episodes, but there were also a lot of bad ones in the other series.

Also, I don't care for TOS. Tried watching it and couldn't get through it. Every episode was about a planet or a villain ... over and over again. Boring.

Deleted
    Shipping T'pol and Trip and 'In A Mirror, Darkly' were my favourite parts of the series.

That finale, blegghhh

I liked it the least of all the series but it had its moments. Hope the new series (by Brian Fuller) is going to be more like the other ones.

Also, cus Airwolf:
    Last edited by mmoc8167bb6457; 2016-06-30 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    The downfall of Star Trek started with the crap Voyager, but it was not until the reboot films that the franchise was completely and utterly destroyed and buried in the ground.
    just had to fix that. Enterprise was fine. Voyager was just bad.