Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    Just from classes ive played, BM hunter and UH DK right off the bat are low button classes, UH ignores almost everything just to spam clawing shadows atm and BM is well....boring as fuck, theres this misconception that every class had shit loads of keybinds and DH doesnt, when infact almsot every class has been simplified right down to just a few buttons for ST, a few more for AoE and then 1 - 3 CD's, and within all those abilities there are plenty that are just outright ignored because they arn't worth pressing right now.
    There's plenty of buttons, people that don't have beta are just sticking to the 2 button mash that was the problem in early alpha that has since been fixed. People just bandwagoning just to put in their two cents, however knowledgeable that may actually be. Just looking at logs of a demon hunter can show you all the different sources of damage though annihilation and chaos strike are a majority of our damage on raid testing there are so many other buttons to press, having main abilities doesn't mean there aren't any other buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    But, it has considerably less buttons to press than any other spec in the game, if you only count regularly used rotational abilities (1 min or less). You would be very, very hard-pressed to find any spec in the game that has less binds in total.
    Do you even Beta, bro?

Honestly, stop this bullshit. I'm so sick of it. This topic has been discussed a gazillion times and repeating that crap over and over again won't make it true.

There is more to Havoc than just spamming DB/CS and there is more to an interesting rotation in general than just the pure number of keybinds. You can have a rather easy-to-play spec but you can also have a quite complex spec with a pretty high skill-cap. If you actually played Havoc further than the intro zone you would know that. But you obviously have zero clue what you're talking about.

If you don't like DH don't play DH. It may be just not your thing.

Good luck finding that super complex specs you're talking about in Legion, tho
    Last edited by chooi; 2016-06-30 at 01:18 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I haven't played Vengeance enough to comment on it, but Havoc is very boring. The mobility is enjoyable, but the lack of commonly used offensive abilities makes it very repetitive. I would say it's more repetitive than any other class I've ever played in World of Warcraft.

Havoc is tied with Prot paladin as the most boring spec to play right now. They pruned every classes but Havoc DH is the most barebone you can imagine. Very little difference between a bad and a good DH dps overall. AoE you have more abilties but their AoE is so over the top you can be a complete moron with one finger and out aoe most other classes. Prot paladin ties with it, because you can just spam random key in no particular order to do threat, that youll never lose anyway, with that one button that reduce all damage. So you just spam shit, wait for the reduce all damage charges.

Haven't tried PVP, but loving my DH tank so far.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Havoc is tied with Prot paladin as the most boring spec to play right now. They pruned every classes but Havoc DH is the most barebone you can imagine. Very little difference between a bad and a good DH dps overall. AoE you have more abilties but their AoE is so over the top you can be a complete moron with one finger and out aoe most other classes. Prot paladin ties with it, because you can just spam random key in no particular order to do threat, that youll never lose anyway, with that one button that reduce all damage. So you just spam shit, wait for the reduce all damage charges.
    Go play BM hunter lol seriously its slower then anything I've played.

I'm definiteky maining one, all the other classes i've tried in the beta are pretty boring in comparison.

The class is just fun, at least Havoc is. Good single target dmg, good aoe, mobility, cds, ranged interrupt, ranged cc, ranged attack so you're not handicapped when out of range, they look kewl, tattoos, horns, scales, double jump, glide.

I had fun questing through all the zones which is the only pve ive done, and bgs are pretty fun too as DH. There's no way im not going to main a DH.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-06-30 at 03:50 AM.

Havoc is arguably one of the easiest DPS specs to pick up, but also one of the hardest specs to optimise. The talents that are flat out best are extremely difficult to play well with, but it provides enough alternatives to allow for average or even high play. Due to that, I'd say it's up there as one of the most fulfilling specs when played right whilst still not being overly obstructive for the new player.

In short, it's fun, it's new, try it, if you don't like the options, try a few others, if performance is all you care about and you can't maximise, it's just not for you and try something else.

Havoc is a great spec because it is the easy to play hard to master niche.
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

This class is super fun to play. How much of that translates into PVP and raiding/dungeons is yet to be seen, but I'm definitely switching to one.

playing demon hunter feels like playing my rogue with max engineering. DH is pretty fun so far, but raiding with one may have a learning curve. Seems like they want you moving a lot even while fighting
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

My word I am looking forward to 'Hallows End" with a DH

Double jump, dash, glide then insta-mount onto your broom.

Heavennnnn

Dh is flashy and cool. BUT extremely low skill cap super boring youll be able to max out the first raid. However if youre a person who dont care about that its really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Dh is flashy and cool. BUT extremely low skill cap super boring youll be able to max out the first raid. However if youre a person who dont care about that its really cool.
    You're kidding right?
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Do you even Beta, bro?

Honestly, stop this bullshit. I'm so sick of it. This topic has been discussed a gazillion times and repeating that crap over and over again won't make it true.

There is more to Havoc than just spamming DB/CS and there is more to an interesting rotation in general than just the pure number of keybinds. You can have a rather easy-to-play spec but you can also have a quite complex spec with a pretty high skill-cap. If you actually played Havoc further than the intro zone you would know that. But you obviously have zero clue what you're talking about.

If you don't like DH don't play DH. It may be just not your thing.

Good luck finding that super complex specs you're talking about in Legion, tho
    Dude, you're full of it. Havoc isn't that great, stop being in denial. Momentum build is OKAY. Just OKAY. The other builds are complete shit and have pathetic levels of interaction.

You obviously play a DH, so you should be able to see that you press Chaos Strike A LOT. It's a really fucking frequent button press. 1 animation tied to it.

It's fucking boring. That's why people were interested in the beginning in adding in both Felblade and Blade Dance into a single target rotation before the circlejerk fest here drove them off. People wanted visual, if not mechanic variety tied to their melee strikes.

People have a point. Stop dismissing them. And the other builds are not even fleshed out this fucking late into the beta. Fel Barrage is a piece of shit and the Demon Blades build is some pathetic, barebones crap made for mentally addled imbeciles.

Haven't played Havoc yet so can't comment. Vengeance feels amazing, and after hesitating heavily between maining my Warrior once again, I finally made up my mind on DH. The class just feels great, not only in group content but when exploring, the insane mobility, gliding and animations effects are amazing. It's especially important for me as I play a lot solo due to my schedule and one big problem Warriors always had is that they were one of the worst solo class in the game, second wind could save you in old raids but that's about it. And with what they did to Fury, it looks like solo'ing will be even harder with the added damage taken (haven't tested though, so might be wrong).

My real only issue up until now is that everything is tied to metamorphosis, you don't have any real offensive and defensive CD's beside it, so you feel kinda weak when it's not up. Wish they would change that. Because now it almost feels like being an addict waiting for his next fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Haven't played Havoc yet so can't comment. Vengeance feels amazing, and after hesitating heavily between maining my Warrior once again, I finally made up my mind on DH. The class just feels great, not only in group content but when exploring, the insane mobility, gliding and animations effects are amazing. It's especially important for me as I play a lot solo due to my schedule and one big problem Warriors always had is that they were one of the worst solo class in the game, second wind could save you in old raids but that's about it. And with what they did to Fury, it looks like solo'ing will be even harder with the added damage taken (haven't tested though, so might be wrong).

My real only issue up until now is that everything is tied to metamorphosis, you don't have any real offensive and defensive CD's beside it, so you feel kinda weak when it's not up. Wish they would change that. Because now it almost feels like being an addict waiting for his next fix.
    Fury atm have one of the best self healing capabilities on beta =), arms on other hand as soft as they are on live

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Fury atm have one of the best self healing capabilities on beta =), arms on other hand as soft as they are on live
    Don't they also passively take more damage than others? More self healing seems like a fair compensation, unless their healing vastly outweighs the extra damage they take.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxz19 View Post
    You're kidding right?
    I wouldn't see what is high to master unless you play momentum, even Preach said its the class/spec for the LFR crowd who likes flashy things but not much thought put into it , and without momentum I can see what he means.

I played mine till 110 but I cant for the life of god see what would be hard to master about it outside of the momentum build.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Don't they also passively take more damage than others? More self healing seems like a fair compensation, unless their healing vastly outweighs the extra damage they take.
    Yes you are correct, they take 30% dmg when they enter Enrage (maybe i am mistaken the spell's name, dont hold me to it) but there is a pvp talent that reduces that dmg by 20%, making it only 10%. But in my post, i mean overall healing is very insane, including the extra 30% dmg taken. I believe, it will be tuned down/nerfed since it is one of the best healing among DPS classes on par with DH's meta form leech.