Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    to be fair thats not true at all. growing plants puts more into the earth than it takes out and there is no negative by product. no excess methane, no waste that makes the ground or water too acidic thrown off the ph balance of many ecosystems. and not mention more oxygen from plants is good for us all and the plants eat the carbon in the air which is bad. if the world were to go to a mainly plant based diet the we would be better off as a species.
    No it doesn't put more back into the earth, that's why farmers have to use fertilizer because the ground become played out. Also fertilizer can then run off into lake rivers streams creeks etc.

People need to do damn research before regurgitating this shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    No it doesn't put more back into the earth, that's why farmers have to use fertilizer because the ground become played out. Also fertilizer can then run off into lake rivers streams creeks etc.

People need to do damn research before regurgitating this shit
    It's almost like people weren't taught about the Dust Bowl in school. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    It's almost like people weren't taught about the Dust Bowl in school. :/
    Lol I live in Oklahoma and had farming grandparents that were alive when I had graduated high school that lived through it....and they ate plenty of meat.amd western Oklahoma which was hit very hard with the dustbowl was a large plant agriculture area and still is. One large contributing factor to it was the clearing of all trees and and soil holding grasses to plant crops, another was an extended drought. It wasn't just from cattle.
    Last edited by Bauglir; 2016-06-30 at 03:56 AM.

Yeah, education would certainly help however- been pushing for schools to teach more constructive agriculture courses but it's nearly impossible to fight the Big Agri lobby. Definitely agree with some things just not meant to be grown in particular regions- almonds in California for instance.
    Out here near the farmland in california they have signs that say "How is growing food wasting water?"
    If only they knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauglir View Post
    Lol I live in Oklahoma and had farming grandparents that were alive when I had graduated high school that lived through it....and they ate plenty of meat.
    I was more so pointing out the problems of soil depletion due to industrial crop farming and how per-fertilizer age (fertilizers which as you pointed out have their own environmental impacts,) practices ruined whole swathes of the nations' breadbasket.

I was more so pointing out the problems of soil depletion due to industrial crop farming and how per-fertilizer age (fertilizers which as you pointed out have their own environmental impacts,) practices ruined whole swathes of the nations' breadbasket.
    Abhhh sorry bout that then. I misinterpreted your post. Yeah large scale agriculture of any type can have repercussions which is what some of the holier than thou vegans on here don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    If unborn babies don't have rights then chicken shouldn't either.
    Unborn babies and chickens don't deserve rights for the exact same reason. Neither one of them are aware that they even exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    because chicken and steak are fucking amazing
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Except that's never going to happen
    Oh I'm sure it won't.

We'll probably eventually replace livestock with vat-grown meat anyway, the tech is advancing rapidly in that area. Neatly avoids all the ethical issues.

Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Your post lead me to another thought as well that some don't realize. Fertilizer runoff is an issue, but not using fertilizer means that more land has to be cleared and planted continuously to produce the same yield on large scale production. That's what's happening with the rainforests. Top segment of the soil is super rich for a couple of years and then gets played out. The third world country farmers can't afford fertilizer so they clear more rainforest and repeat the cycle with no end in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    What it really boils down to is really just what I eat is none of your concern just as what you eat is none of mine. I don't attempt to force or shame anyone into doing anything regardless if I honestly feel it's right. Coupled with the fact that trying to make me feel bad about my lifestyle is probably the fastest most sure fire method of getting me to not give a crap about what you're saying.

Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Because humans didnt evolve as vegans. We didnt rise through history as vegans. We cant survive soley on vegan food. You had to take supplements and additives. A newborne child cant even survive as a vegan. As much as its shity killing other animals for meat is how we got to where we are. Its part of the food chain. You can sit there and say its bad all you want. But your genetic line would not be here if they had not killed animals to eat.

Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say.
    countless animals die every day to sate the appetite of other animals - they lived to die so to say.
    so what? should we outlaw the existence of carnivores?

Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.
    cars also pollute, so does electricity and by extension all industrial power in existence including the internet - while this is a truth, it's an irrelevant one because you're never going to get people to give up modern convenience and luxury, and we'll either end up finding some middle ground to where we can sustain that while not making the planet uninhabitable, or we won't... but either way it won't become enough of an issue soon enough to impact the lives of anyone posting here, so i don't see how it matters.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg?
    and?

There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.
    1. they don't
    2. if not for the breeding within the coop the egg wouldn't have been laid in the first place, in fact none of those chickens would even exist.

i for one am perfectly comfortable with this arrangement for the sake of enjoying a bowl of cheerios.

and if everyone would just ride a bike, we could scrap all the cars in the world!
    then if everyone would just learn to make their own candles, we could use candlelight instead of electricity!
    if only we were living 700 years ago everything would be so much better! the 1300s were the bestest, everybody says so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate the fact that animals are being murdered in billions, and I would like to do something about it. However, I do eat meat (not much of it though, mostly I eat vegetables, fruits, cereal and eggs). Here is why.

1. Me alone stopping eating meat won't change anything on the global scale. Yes, it would probably save a few hundred animals from deaths, but that would be minuscule, compared to how many are being killed in a single day.
    2. Every time I tried vegetarian (not even vegan) diet, I literally starved. After a few days without meat at all, I always started feeling very weak and hungry, even if I ate fruits/vegetables/greens in huge amounts.
    3. Vegan diet is far from harmless to the environment as well. Read about the chemical components used for growing vegan food: it is some nasty stuff. Not as nasty as murdering billions animals, sure, but don't think that being a vegan stops you from harming the planet.

As soon as synthetic meat becomes similar in nutrition value to real meat, and affordable - I will switch to it. As it stands, nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Same reason I don't vape...... I'm not an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Human have evolved to consume some animal and require supplementation to remain healthy without it. All great apes are omnivorous to some extent.

7+ Year Old Account
    But the animal industry is putting a heavy toll on our environment. They really do contribute to the green house effect by a lot!
    Overpopulation is what is hurting the environment, not the animal industry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Unborn babies and chickens don't deserve rights for the exact same reason. Neither one of them are aware that they even exist.
    Then brain dead patients should be turned off from life support, right?

I am afraid that my dick will fall off if I went vegan.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Are you for real?!